Home

Skill Overhaul

Canderis

Would you use this?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use this?

Alright, so HarIII and I were tossing ideas around a few days ago and we thought it would be a cool idea to make the in game skills more useful by giving them more combat benefits. Now, all these ideas are 99-100% possible. I would like to get feedback on them before I begin.

Computer Use

• Damage bonus VS Droids

• Item that rolls a chance to hack enemy droids.

• Item also required high repair

• Chance increases with higher skill

• Hack only lasts 6 seconds

Demolitions

• Higher Explosive Damage

Stealth

• Bonus on First attack when in stealth

Awareness

• Higer critical multiplier

Persuade

• Honestly I can't think of something for this.

Repair

• Ability to reactivate destroyed enemy droids

• Higher repair increases chance for success

• Higher repair increases amount of health repaired with

Security

• Damage Reduction Modifier

Treat Injury

• No planned changes

Now, to keep this balanced, these changes will apply to the pc, and any NPC or party member in the game unless it is scripted to not apply. This shouldn't even cause compatibility issues just some modded characters the abilities may not apply, but even with most it will.

So far the plan is to require TSLRCM, and maybe M4-78EP too.

Unfortunately, no progress has yet been made other than figuring out if this is possible or not because I would rather work on ideas that are fully fleshed out and refined rather than having to redo major content because the idea was flawed.

EVERYTHING HERE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Any ideas you guys have, any at all, let me know.

Alright, so HarIII and I were tossing ideas around a few days ago and we thought it would be a cool idea to make the in game skills more useful by giving them more combat benefits. Now, all these ideas are 99-100% possible. I would like to get feedback on them before I begin.

Persuade

• Honestly I can't think of something for this.

Chance to make anybody who isn't a droid or Sith stop attacking you? Or if you interpret persuasion as coercion, make them flee the area? Subject to a Will Save(their stomach for combat when their life's on the line)...

And what's to stop this from being in K1 too?

So far the plan is to require TSLRCM, and maybe M4-78EP too.

This plan is M4-78 approved.

M4-78PoliticsSmall_zps2b4a71bc.gif

But seriously, I know there's both a new version of TSLRCM and for M4-78 EP coming out eventually. You might want to PM Hassat Huinter and Zbyl to see in any of what you're working on might change in the next iteration of those two mods.

Doesn't having a high charisma already do something similar

As for the persuade skill doing something - I like Fair Strides' idea.

Personally, I have never seen evidence of Charisma playing a role in anything beyond an attribute bonus to your persuade skill itself, so...

It'd kinda help with my persuade idea, though.

We could have Persuade almost translated as a rally call. If companions within say 5 meters get an x% increase in their will to fight.

So far I like this idea the best. Unless people can prove this already exists this will be what I do.

Interesting. This would work well with some of the higher difficulty mods too I'd assume.

I am not entirely sure about compatibility but possibly.

Any chance this is possible with KotOR 1 as well?

At the moment, I doubt it. There are a few TSL only functions I know I plan to use but it might be able to be made for k1 too.

Any ideas or feedback on the other skills would be greatly appreciated!

I had one idea, perhaps Treat Injury could affect your Health Regen rate during combat.

This. I know I don't really like to use medpacs and I'm actually usually fine as far as not letting my health get too low, but this looks like a great idea.

Archived