Home

Mod of the Decade - Voting

Which mod is the best TSL mod of the decade, 2005-2015?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which mod is the best TSL mod of the decade, 2005-2015?

• TSL Restored Content Mod (TSLRCM) by DarthStoney, zbyl2 et al.
    • NPC Overhaul by Kainzorus Prime
    • The Ultimate Saber Mod by ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, Seprithro, svösh, and T7nowhere
    • Coruscant Jedi Temple by deathdisco
    • Korriban Expansion by newbiemodder

Yes, the nomination period is over, and voting must begin for the TSL MOD OF THE DECADE :D

The nominees are:

TSLRCM by DarthStoney, zbyl2, et al.

NPC Overhaul by Kainzorus Prime

The Ultimate Saber Mod by ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, Seprithro, svösh, and T7nowhere

Coruscant Jedi Temple by deathdisco

Korriban Expansion by newbiemodder

Voting will close on 15/2/2015 so vote early to avoid disappointment, and may the best mod win! :D

oh man .... too hard to decide :fist: ... meaning ... how NOT to vote TSLRCM even while I played only little more than half of it ... :raise:

but that Coruscant Temple and Korriban Expansion by newbiemodder ... were such great jobs ... new worlds are MUST-HAVES for me to improve "my" galaxy!!! :golfclap:

oh well ... I vote for TSLRCM by DarthStoney, zbyl2, et al. ... due to a sense of ... "obligation" ... heh heh... :cheers:

P.S. and I DO KNOW that Ultimate Saber mod is top notch stuff too ... even never trying it ...

I chose TSLRCM for these reasons:

1). The true epitome of community involvement in developing a mod. The number of contributors, both credited and uncredited, is staggering.

2). The sheer amount of press coverage from online publications it received when 1.8 came out is unprecedented.

3). Chris Avellone himself tweeted about it.

4). Steam held off in releasing TSL until after 1.8 was released.

5). Like BoS for K1, it is the one mod for TSL by which all other mods are evaluated for compatibility.

6). It made a broken game whole. Kreia and the Council said it best:

Vrook: You were deafened.

Kreia: At last, you could hear.

Kavar: You were broken.

Kreia: You were whole.

Zez-Kai Ell: You were blinded.

Kreia: And at last... you saw.

All of the nominated mods are really really good and would probably deserve the title "Mod of the Decade" but I have to vote for TSLRCM.

Because as milestails said, it had such a big impact and is basically essential to enjoy TSL and therefore is the most important mod that was released during the last 10 years.

The TSLRCM really deserves the title of Best TSL Mod of All-Time. The scope, work, and time required to complete such a mod is a testament to all those great moderns who worked on it. It really warrants all the accolades it deserves.

Deathdisco's Coruscant Jedi Temple is actually my favorite mod of all time. It was the first extended storyline mod I played. I loved how dd recycled existing modules to create a new exciting multi-module area and filled it with npcs, placeable, etc. it really opened my eyes to modding and motivated me to create my own. Thanks dd!!!!

All that said....I voted for myself. I figured someone should. :)

This sounds stupid but can all those mods work together? I've played RCM for some times now and eager to try all of the nominated mods in a single playthru.

I've read that NPC Overhaul works with RCM, so does Korriban Expansion. Coruscant works with USM, and USM seemed to work with RCM. But do they work with each other?

USM seemed to work with RCM. But do they work with each other?

USM used to work with a very old version of TSLRCM but it doesn't any longer. It is now is incompatible with TSLRCM.

I'd suggest looking at the TSLRCM compatibility list at Deadly Stream for suggestions on what is or isn't compatible with TSLRCM. Once you've decided which ones you want - if you have questions on installation order- make a new thread in the TSLRCM section on Deadly Stream to ask. (Provide links to the mod you're asking about.

TLDR: USM doesn't work with TSLRCM.

Back on topic: Though I like all of the nominated mods, I voted for TSLRCM.

• 2 months later...
Deathdisco's Coruscant Jedi Temple is actually my favorite mod of all time. It was the first extended storyline mod I played. I loved how dd recycled existing modules to create a new exciting multi-module area and filled it with npcs, placeable, etc. it really opened my eyes to modding and motivated me to create my own. Thanks dd!!!!

While not active at all anymore, I actually have to second this post. The Coruscant Jedi Temple mod got me interested in doing mods myself, and I had a lot of fun when fooling around with modules in the past.

Kind of wish I had time again, so I could dig up all the KotOR mod tools and unfinished mods that still exist somewhere on my hard drive... :(

Archived