Home

The LFN Round Table

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A vBulletin plugin would be required to allow remote-linking of avatars directly. The forum software currently stores all avatar images locally on the server to reduce load time of pages an enforce the image size limitations, and clicking on someone's avatar will take you to their profile.

I'll look into it and see if there is some easier way of doing this. It could probably be added as a separate gamer card profile field, with a toggle to show the gamecard thing instead of the avatar on posts. Maybe that would work better? That would be fairly easy to set up without the need for any hacks or plugins.

UPDATE:

I've added a GamerTag profile field that hopefully should work for this. Check your UserCP, the "Edit Your Details" page at the bottom. There should be a field where you can type in your GamerTag, and a set of radio buttons where you can toggle your GameCard thingy being shown instead of your avatar on your posts.

Since I don't use that particular site myself the terminology may be off. If any of the descriptions sound silly please let me know so it can be fixed :)

Actually, I know I'm taking the piss, but do you think you could link to this image instead?

Kun01ch1.png

It's the more standard gamercard, and I think if people are going to use this new feature then this image would be more acceptable. All that is required is change the word 'corner' to 'micro' in the image link. :)

UPDATE: Managed to squeeze in a single pulldown menu arrow icon for the ql-menu to the far right in the link bar. Perhaps not entirely obvious what it does by itself with no link caption, but clicking it should show you the quick links menu. Hope that is sufficient. :)

You may need to hard-refresh the page (CTRL + F5 in Firefox) for it to show up correctly in case your browser decides to pull parts of the page from the cache instead.

Archived