Home

The LFN Round Table

So this is the place to make suggestions to the forum I see. I got a couple.

For picture albums I wish there was a way of putting them in a order that I want. Also the ability to report private messages. I've had a problem with an individual I won't name who kept bothering me in my inbox. And I'd like to have this report private message ability in the future. Thanks for all the good work you guys do.

Have a blessed day.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you mean sorting the pictures in the albums, or (if you have multiple albums) decide in what order the albums themselves are listed? Or both?

As for private messages, PMs are unmoderated since they are private correspondence between members that the forum staff cannot read. If you don't want someone to contact you via PM you could add them to your Ignore List. If the offending PMs are regarding some illegal activity you could forward them to a member of the forum staff for review and sanction if the situation is deemed to warrant it.

EDIT: Ok, I'll add it to the To Do list and will look into it when time and motivation allows. It will likely require tweaking a few of the vBulletin scripts to implement, so it's best to wait until vBulletin 3.8 is released to avoid extra work (it is supposedly going to make changed to the Social Networking features.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just wondering if any consideration had been given to swapping out the old "Gold Guy" logo used in various places here with the current one?

Hmm, I can't remember any place off the top of my head where the old LucasArts logo is used around here. Got any links? :)

Hi stoffe,

Sorry if I inferred there were a lot. Only two that I know of.

http://64.20.36.214/lucasforums.com/images/statusicon/forum_old.gif

http://64.20.36.214/lucasforums.com/images/statusicon/forum_new.gif

EDIT: Please note that I'm not saying these need to be changed. I'm only asking if an update to the current logo for these had been considered. :)

pretty good, Astor.

Now, if I may suggest something...

The other day, a friend of mine was talking about how he was forcing his users to use a certain theme, and he brought up LFN's themes. So I got to thinking, would it be possible to add an option to the UserCP that lets you switch themes? Like having Psychonaught's in KOTOR Forums, or JK3's in TOR.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Something that bothers me sometimes: the emoticon list. Not the emoticons themselves, but the fact I almost never find the emoticon I'm looking for. There's a few emoticons on the right next to where you post, but those are never the ones I need.

Could it be possible to somehow list the most popular there (most used, of course), or if that's within your scope, make it possible for members to choose what emoticons they want to the right of where they post?

It's done. Nothing fancy, but it does the job for now. You can set what smilies you want to be shown in the text editor quick-selection smilie box in your usercp now. You reach the page via the Edit Quick Smilie Box link in the Settings & Options section of the UserCP sidebar. :)

Awesome, stoffe. :thmbup1:

If I may, another request (I know, I know :p). You can make it so people have to join social groups to see its contents. I'd like to make a discussion within a social group something "secret" for people who aren't part of the group, while every other discussion may be seen by the public. Is that something that can be implemented, or is that too much?

If you're the group creator there should be a Users must join to view the content checkbox on the Edit Group page where you can set that only group members can see what's posted in the group. In the Group type dropdown menu on the same page you can set the group to invite only to control who can join it.

Hm, I might have explained it badly. What I was trying to say is: if it'd be possible to decide for every discussion thread within a group if it can only be viewed by people who joined the group. So if, for example, you have a group called "Babies", you can decide to make the discussion threads "Baby pictures" and "Baby stories" viewable even for non-group members, but make it so the discussion thread "How to make babies" is only viewable by the people who are actually in the group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It will most likely be a while before we're upgrading to vBulletin 4. New major versions usually tend to have a fair amount of bugs, vulnerabilities and performance issues in them (due to the significant code changes) that takes a while to get ironed out properly by the developers.

Also, most of the new features in vB4 is just extra fluff (CMS, soc. networking etc) that has little to do with the actual forum functionality. So at this time the extra features gained aren't worth the effort involved to upgrade.

If there are any particular features or functionality present in vB4 that you would like to have on Lucasforums please post a request/suggestion here. It might be possible to add some things as home-made tweaks or plugins. :)

• 1 month later...

A question for the Mods away from CEC; I have been working as the critic there for four years now, and have run out of stuff to review. I have been going along thanks to to kotorfanmedia, but kotorfanmedia is now in limbo.

I ask all mods if they can tag stories with an auto notifications so I can find and review other fanfics in these other forums?

Archived