Home

Any Indiana Jones LRG remakes on the horizon?

MichaelSon

Since we are coming closer and closer to the cinema release of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I wonder if LRG uses the momentum of that movie and gifts us with the announcement of some remakes of our beloved Indiana Jones adventures.

It has been strangely quiet on the adventure release front after the announcement of Zak McKracken.

And the next game in line would be The Last Crusade.

so I would at least expect that announcement to happen in the next weeks. And later maybe hopefully Fate of Atlantis as well.

What do you think?

Am I hopelessly hoping?

It would make sense - at least to me…

Edited by MichaelSon
  • Like 1

• MichaelSon changed the title to Any Indiana Jones LRG remakes on the horizon?

I wouldn't rule out that it will happen eventually, but I feel like if they wanted to time it to cross-promote with the movie specifically, they probably would have announced it by now. But you never know. There is also that announced but elusive new Indiana Jones game being developed, so maybe they were hoping to get the timeline to sync up with that.

I'd worry about the licensing being more complicated than the other adventure games, but LRG has been allowed to do a bunch of Star Wars games too, so it doesn't seem like Disney is being stingy with the properties. So I'm sure it's on their radar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm pretty sure they were considered. Not sure what their status is now. My theory is that the whole tracking down of the original assets used for the FOA box that went down on the posters thread had to do with a possible rerelease. 

So a few thing could've happened

- They decided to slow down the releases, since they were to close too each other and too expensive. 

- They wanted to wait for the movie

- The sales of previous games went down and it got cancelled 

- LucasFilm Games shifted it's focus back to Star Wars

- LRG cancelled future special editions of big boxes because they don't fit their new SE standar

15 hours ago, Sopabuena said:

My theory is that the whole tracking down of the original assets used for the FOA box that went down on the posters thread had to do with a possible rerelease. 

I doubt this, as it only came about because someone happened to raise the question of the maps used for the Hit The Road box for a personal project, and the purchase of a book with the original map used for FoA was crowdfunded on here.

12 hours ago, TimeGentleman said:

I doubt this, as it only came about because someone happened to raise the question of the maps used for the Hit The Road box for a personal project, and the purchase of a book with the original map used for FoA was crowdfunded on here.

My bad then! Many of the games announced by LRG had their posters recently revisited by @Laserschwert and I tought Indy was the case too.

The Indy posters are pretty much as good as I can make them. Although, I still have an unscanned promo poster of Emperor's Tomb, so that might yield a slight improvement.

Edit: oh, now I see that you meant it the other way around - a new poster indicating an impending LRG release. Not in this case, unfortunately.

Here's hoping they'll revisit The Dig too!

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 1