Home

Jedi Outcast Beta

Guest Celestial

I wonder if we come up with some more crazy rumors like "there is a beta version" then we could see some more developer posts... [coughs and changes to an overly suspicious voice] "Yeah so guys, I heard there is going to be playable Gonk droid skin in multiplayer with 'JediKnightII.net' written on the back..."

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Obi Kwan ]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow! a dev!

or is he? ;) only joking

Indeed, I always thought our efforts to get what we want were invane, where the devs never knew. But now I feel we could get what we want, or atleast feel our voicing of our views is being heard. Just give me a good reason when u tell me when to go away. :D

A Beta....!!! Ohh ( sigh )

:rolleyes:

But i would like to see more Pics and kind stuff. Then a half-baked beta!!

Like the pal above me.... :)

I'll wait...;Ti seems like there are alot of Days till the relase...but this game is

(i hope so ) worth it!!!

:p

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]:

<STRONG>We definitely read the board whenever we can, we just don't often have time to actually post anything. Especially lately, only a few short months left...</STRONG>

ok, lets break this baby down

Few: adjective pron

not very many people or things, but more than two, and sometimes more than might be expected

Short: adjective

not long: having little or relatively little length, or extending only a small distance

Months: plural noun

long period of time: a long time, often an

excessively or unacceptably long time

these are real definitions from dictionary.msn.com

hmm....

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: RaoK ]

Hey devs since you're here, I got some really specific questions, mostly 3rd person related :)

The other night in the chat somebody asked about Jedi Knight II's 3rd person compared to Heretic II's. The response was yes, but we got no real details since a lot of people here don't seem so thrilled with 3rd person. Seems like most people want to stick with 1st

unfortunately. Now me on the other hand, I prefer 3rd person, especially with sword fighting games. I've been a Raven fan since Hexen II, but Heretic II blew me away.

Heretic II remains to be one of my 3 favorite video games ever, the other 2 being Elite

Force & Diablo II. I want to know specifics about Jedi Knight II; I want to know how

similar Jedi Knight II will be to Heretic II, in relation to movement, controls, configuration, options, etc.

Will Jedi Knight II be the closest thing we'll get to a Heretic III?

I'm all psyched about Jedi Knight II because Heretic II blading was very popular & fun, so

now with Jedi Knight II a 3rd person Star Wars lightsaber fighting game made by Raven, I want to know how Raven plans on implementing 3rd person.

I'm so glad Lucasarts asked Raven to do the sequel, especially with the Quake 3 engine since you guys kick ass at making awesome games.

Speaking of the Quake 3 engine, is Jedi Knight II's 3rd person is just going to be the chasecam "cg_thirdperson 1" command from Quake 3 & Elite Force or will it be a whole

new implementation like Heretic II was for the Quake 2 engine?

That leads me to back to my previous question, will Jedi Knight II feel & be controlled like Heretic II. Will the movement feel like Heretic II? Will JK2 even let players climb onto ledges? Will there also be 3rd person camera options like camera stiffness and how far away the camera is from the player? Also will there be a lookaround command that lets us hold the tab key, move the mouse around to move the camera around the player, instead of using some config file to use the numberpad like we have in Elite Force. Basically what it boils down to, is Jedi Knight II going to be a "Quake 3 Heretic II meets Star Wars" when using the lightsaber and all weapons in 3rd person. I'm sure I speak for the many Heretic II fans that hope there will be a huge similarity between the two games.

Also I read that the lightsaber will be more important in the whole game, does that mean

we can get away with using just the lightsaber throughout single player? After playing the Jedi Knight 1 demo with Lucasarts' engine, the lightsaber wasn't great when surrounded by lots of enemies

I'm not saying "Please make the game so it pleases the 100+ people leftover from Heretic

II", but I'm just curious. :)

Also how will single player be compared to Elite Force? Length of game? Size of the

levels?

Seems like most people want to stick with 1st

Thats not true.. most people played JK sabers in 3rd person and I would bet that most people play sabers on 3rd person in JK2 :)

from 11.20.02 LEC chat transcript: Jedi Outcast: The optimal view for lightsaber combat is 3rd person, weapons are probably best used in 1st person.

I want to know specifics about Jedi Knight II; I want to know how

similar Jedi Knight II will be to Heretic II, in relation to movement, controls, configuration, options, etc.

Will Jedi Knight II be the closest thing we'll get to a Heretic III?

from 11.20.02 LEC chat transcript: Jedi Outcast: It will be similar, but the main focus of Jedi Outcast is 1st person, whereas Heretic 2 was 3rd person. The player will be able to use the lightsaber in either 1st or 3rd person perspective.

Speaking of the Quake 3 engine, is Jedi Knight II's 3rd person is just going to be the chasecam "cg_thirdperson 1" command from Quake 3 & Elite Force or will it be a whole

new implementation like Heretic II was for the Quake 2 engine?

Your question can be answered Here

Having worked on Heretic II and Elite Force, I would characterize the third person camera as mostly like Heretic II, the player control/freedom much like Heretic II, but not with all the features of Heretic II (that was a 3rd person-only game and you could get away with things that you cannot in first person), the weapon control/variety is greater than Heretic II... plus, like the original JK, you have your choice of 1st or 3rd person. That's about all I can say (actually, that's probably more than I can say).

Everybody ChangKhan tonight!

Ur a cannibal then?

Good to see that 1 raven developer cares abotu us.

Good to hear that there's not been any delays.

That deosn't mean this is gonna be a rushed game does it? (hope that's not insulting or silly but i have my worries)

Archived