Home

The column....

CaptainRAVE

Ok so that column is a real good start....

"If you asked 10 different Jedi Knight fans what they want in a JK sequel, you'll probably get 10 different answers. But since this is a sequel, it's probably safe to say that Raven will be looking at Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and Mysteries of the Sith, and try to incorporate the best ideas from each of those games."

So what do you all think?? I know what i think!!

Yeah, it sounds like it'll be a kick-ass column. Vagabond seems to have a lot of information to fill our minds until release. What better place to do that than on the main page! :)

Swoosh

[ June 15, 2001: Message edited by: Swoosh ]

I think the collumn sucked ass, serious ass. & the concept art blows.

I visit this site at least 3 times a day & they put up useless bs which has nothing to do with jk2.

If u want i can make up a little collumn for u which would be far more interesting.

I dont care about what some strange old man thinks. Stuff like "New hope is my fav epi" "games i play" & the bs about joystck & mouse is dumb aswell. Anyone remotely good at these games would tell u that Mouse is what any descent player uses.

I'm charmed...I mean...that was soooo mature I'm dying to hear your opinion.

And to be honest with you we really designed our site for those of you who think that it sucks ass. That way you can come and check 3 times a day just to see if you are right about it...

I can't wait to read your collumn. I REALY wanna have fun...

Its very good start Vag, theres nothing to talk about yet (Altough youll probably get some insider info before us to write your columns, wont you? ;))

Im sure that Ill be a very good column

Guest Vagabond

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate your support. I just have to remind myself that you can't pleasee all the people all the time. But I'll try to make this column the best I can, and if possible try to scrounge up some inside information ;)

I think you've made a great start, Vag, considering there's not a great deal of info flying around. I'm sure your columns are going to be an interesting read. ;)

SaberRage...

As for the Concept Art Section...well, you know what they say: You can't please everyone all of the time.

My understanding is that it is there for fans to post their drawings/paintings, no matter their level of ability, to share with the rest of the community. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Everyone has to start somewhere, and if Star Wars fires their imagination to create something, and feel good in themselves, I say go for it and good luck to them.

No one said the concept art section was going to have a bunch of professional artists as contributors, and not everyone can paint like Rembrandt, or render images like the guys at Pixar!

If some people don't like what they see, well, that's just a matter of taste. Some people like abstract art, or realism - hell, some people even think stuffing a dead sheep in a tank of formaldehyde is art. There is no accounting for personal taste. No one is forcing anyone to view the concept art, or read the columns, or indeed, join in the forums. It's a matter of choice.

You are free to express your opinion, of course, but perhaps you are being a little harsh. Speaking for myself, I welcome any constructive criticism, but I grow tired of people who make sweeping statements about other people's works or abilities without showing any of their own - and without sharing their own expertise and experiences to help others to excel. :p

SaberRage...

If this site sucks serious ass, why do you visit it 3 times a day?

I'm just curious. Besides that, why would you put down a column after it's first issue. I thought it was a great start. Keep up the good work Vagabond!

Everybody has the right to express his opinion in a civilized and polite way and everybody should welcome constructive criticism. I somehow didn't find the above post to have anything in common with those values...

Vagabond, I found your article very well written and I could comment on many things to justify my opinion.

I really like it when people that have a diferent opinion than mine can also back it up. It ads to a meaningfull conversation. (Like Wilhuf with whom I never seem to agree ;) )

What I really hate though, is "people who make sweeping statements about other people's works or abilities without showing any of their own - and without sharing their own expertise and experiences to help others to excel."

Hey, I couldn't say it any better ;)

These forums are by far the most civilized and friendly in the gaming community. My wish is that they'll stay that way.

Everyone knows that there is very little information out on Jedi Outcast right now...and despite us being a big news site, we can't make the "big" news appear all the time. Since we can't do that, we want to post *something* that serves a purpose. Everything we are doing right now helps build the community, which is already one of the finest in the gaming world, except a few select individuals that seem to bring it down. Also, if jediknightii.net has horrible news, why do you say we have the best information about JKII on the net? Please think about what you're saying before you post, we are people here too.

Swoosh

I visit this site 3 times a day because i wanna see JK2 why else?

Im sorry Vagabond i didnt realise u were going to be writing a collumn every few days or so.

haha i can have my own point of view but i only have 1 kinda way of saying it & thats just pure mungral. Ask anyone who knows me

i thought it was a great start to what should prove to be a much looked forward to editorial...

storm.... perhaps 'Hell....A biased perspective' :)

lol you know whats funny? because of that 1 post rage, 6 people have given you a rating of 1...... that means for you to ever become a 5.... 35(minimum) people must give you a rating of 5, and you must get nothing but 5's....

not that the ratings matter, but hey, its nice to know people care, isnt it?

He has had 16 people vote for him (generally) 5 stars. You need to have quite a few friends then to get him down to your 1 star.

Also, it wasn't a constructive first post on your part was it? Did you do it to get noticed? Well it worked, cos your comments from now will not be taken seriously and if (thats a big if) you DO have something sensible to say, nobody will care!

wardz

See, once again the rating system causes an argument and wrecks a perfectly good thread. This is supposed to be a discussion forum, so to aid in the discussion, scrap the rating system. You could even do a vote on the main page or something. Wow, how did i manage an idea like that??

Guest SithSeeD

Yeah that's some good work there SaberRage. I'm sure the LEC personel who worked on JK, and happen to have seen your site... love the fact you're giving their hard work away for free.

SithSeeD :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Archived