Home

"IT" aka Ginger

TheJackal

For a while now some people have been talking nothing but good things about an invention in NewYork (I think its there). It was said by many to change today's transportation. According to the creator it will replace cars. IMHO: will it be safe from snow? robbers? road rage? etc....

Anyways, here's a picture of it:

2_top.jpg

2_bottom.jpg

web site:

Segway (the maker) official web site

Heh, sorry to go against the grain, but I think it's an interesting device, and the technology involved could be used for much more practical devices. It's a step forward (or a roll or whatever), simply considering the amount of engineering involved for balance and stuff. They could probably keep retooling this to the point where the balance technology could be used for vehicles that flew (sounds a bit fanciful but hey, it's about time we had some personal flying craft).

So whats the big deal?!? Its just a motorized uni-scooter of sorts, they already have those. This won't revolutionize anything, and i remember all the hype about IT a year ago.

BTW, how fast does IT go? It would have to go very fast to replace cars.

Originally posted by darthfergie

I saw a special on that just the other day...it is just like an electric scooter exept more comfortable...maybe...

Anyway I havn't ever tapped into the scooter rage that is going around...I just laugh at it...:D

Yeah, me neither, but my sister bought 2! ;)

Anyways, i wouldn't think that you could safely go very fast on something like that. I think that it would be hard enough to balance on in the first place.

Guest SlashAndBurn

I saw the Daily Shows little review of IT. Man that was funny. They showed the founder of Apple saying that it would revolutionize travel and whole cities would be redesigned to make it easier to use.....I think the inventor is a Sith and is using mind tricks to make everyone think that piece of junk is good. He was saying it was good bargain a $3000....:laughing:

Archived