Home

The worst Adventurer Game you've ever played

The Adventurer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pigsfl3w

I agree for the most part but THE DIG is an excellent game. It doesn't belong in a discussion like this. You might as well say that Grim Fandango suffers from poor character design. I'm sorry, I just love that game and needed to vent.

Thank you very much. I don't know how one can see that game as a BAD game. Every advneture game needs puzzles, and its personal interests if someone doesn't like them. If a single person doesn't like the puzzles that doesn't make it a bad game.

Originally posted by Flirbnic

You can't beat it in 2 minutes. You have to go through all the worlds to find out how to win, and that takes a long time.

no see if you have the final code and grab the last page. You don't have to go to any of the other worlds to win. See 2 mins of game play. sure I had to lay through it once to get that but then it has 0 replayability because of the easyness of winning.

Originally posted by The Adventurer

no see if you have the final code and grab the last page. You don't have to go to any of the other worlds to win. See 2 mins of game play. sure I had to lay through it once to get that but then it has 0 replayability because of the easyness of winning.

...but you need to go through all the worlds to find the final code. Or you can cheat and look it up on the internet or something, but then you're not playing it properly.

Sure there's no replayability as far as solving stuff goes, but it's still fun to play again to experience the wonderful atmosphere.

If I had to choose it would be Broken sword 1, I love everything about it but my beef is that whenever I swith back to disc 1 it messes up a bit because I have the sold-out software version and the autorun comes up anddisrupts the game and sometimes when I haven't saved for a while and I go into the room where you have to make a key to get into it, it freezes up!

Originally posted by Flirbnic

Strange, I thought that was one of the easiest parts.

Heh, yeah but when you are in like 2nd-4th grade (i forget) I really had bad memorization skills and really sucked at it. I dunno... I found it to be a sorta difficult part... maybe I did it the wrong way or something. If my dad hadn't given the CD away, I'd try it again, but now I have to go buy the game all over or something.

Originally posted by telarium

I certainly would have designed the puzzle structure differently. The problem with a lot of adventure games is that they have weird item combinations that don't make logical sense. For example: the salesman who wants to write up a contract so he needs a piece of paper. Why is it that only one piece of paper in the entire town can be used to make the contract? A designer should anticipate such things and design the puzzles with this in mind. LucasArts usually does a good job of this. If LucasArts had a puzzle similar to this, they would have the characters give reasons as to why other paper won't work for the contract, and provide hints as to what kind of paper is needed.

Still, Gilbert is a good challenging game with an old-fashion feel to it. I'd still suggest it to hard core 2d adventure gamers, just as long as the don't expect the quality of a game like The Curse of Monkey Island. :)

I meant it has a structure like

Find Item to get item to get item to get item

Discworld 1 was a bad game. It was very illogical and, quite frankly, boring. I'm glad I downloaded it instead of buying it.

Discworld 2 was good but a bit short. I wish it went on for a bit longer.

Discworld Noir was superb but a bit hard in places.

So Discworld 1, basically

Originally posted by BooJaka14m

Discworld 1 was a bad game. It was very illogical and, quite frankly, boring. I'm glad I downloaded it instead of buying it.

Discworld 2 was good but a bit short. I wish it went on for a bit longer.

Discworld Noir was superb but a bit hard in places.

So Discworld 1, basically

I played that. It confused the hell out of me. Eric Idle is cool, though. Discworld 2 I haven't played, Discworld Noir I like.

Discworld 1 rules!!!

It's not as good as Monkey Island, but heck is it funny!

ok ok, sam and max and DOTT were also funnier. but it still owns!

Go Rincewind! Who doesn't want to play a goofy wizard who has to save a city from a dragon!

I hated 'Flight of the Amazon Queen'. Basically 'cos the main character (who was called Joe King for God's sake!) was a rip-off of Han Solo and Indiana Jones combined. Whoever wrote the game basically took all the one-liners from SW and Indy and tried to build a game around them. Then they put in a female character who was an irritating cross between Princess Leia and Willie Scott... The actual puzzles weren't that great either, in fact I don't think I ever completed it 'cos I got so fed up with it...

Say, what's the little paperclip.gif icon next to this thread mean? I'm not sure if it's there for everyone else, but it is for me.

*edit* Whoa, I posted this in the wrong thread. I meant to do it in "Who is the coolest poster around here?"... Oh well, I still want to know what the paperclip represents.

Originally posted by Trapezoid

Say, what's the little paperclip.gif icon next to this thread mean? I'm not sure if it's there for everyone else, but it is for me.

*edit* Whoa, I posted this in the wrong thread. I meant to do it in "Who is the coolest poster around here?"... Oh well, I still want to know what the paperclip represents.

It means that somebody attached a file somewhere in the thread.

Archived