Home

force speed

Proto

Hi everyone!

I'll tell you what would i like to see in JK2 MOST: It's the certain solution of jedi speed. In JK it was barely useful as it was hard to control kyle's movement. I would like to see something like the "bullet time" from Max Payne, but with one difference: you move normally, only your opponents and everything else slows down. Damn, it would be cool to enter room full of troopers and cut'em all before they can realise what's up. Ofcourse it couldn't exist in Mplay, but in single is would be cool... What do you think?

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Agh another bullet time post... force speed just needed some time to get used to...... and u could use it in mp.

Yet another Max Payne "bullet time" post. this is number what? 2,3? 4?

i would like to the the old force speed from JK used again in JO with forces trails (like shadows behind kyle)

Originally posted by Tap[RR]

Meh!! Shadows.. shadows are out dated, force speed should have motion blurr... which is much better than shadows, Since it makes it look as if he's moving really fast , instead of just black shadowey kyles following him...

thats the words i was looking for. motion blurr. Thats what i meant by force trails.

Force speed is a central part of Jedi Knight gameplay. Nothing like four star speed with jump, flying through the levels and picking off your targets.

Although a speed cooldown period between speed bursts would help in Jedi Outcast so that players wouldn't have a continuous stream of hypervelocity to tap into.

In Jedi Outcast, Force Speed should be used judiciously for attack, quick retreat, and to access powerups, but with a cost. It shouldn't be available as a continuous means of transportation. There should be a brief waiting period, a cooldown, between each use. Cooldown adds a bit more strategy than the obvious tactic of just leaving it on 95% of the time. This would encourage more interactivity between gamers, since retreat wouldn't be a trivial matter of just running away at high velocity. (Although it is fun to do high-velocity pursuit in the original Jedi Knight.) Gamers would have to plan and ration their force speed.

Originally posted by Wilhuf

Force speed is a central part of Jedi Knight gameplay. Nothing like four star speed with jump, flying through the levels and picking off your targets.

Although a speed cooldown period between speed bursts would help in Jedi Outcast so that players wouldn't have a continuous stream of hypervelocity to tap into.

In Jedi Outcast, Force Speed should be used judiciously for attack, quick retreat, and to access powerups, but with a cost. It shouldn't be available as a continuous means of transportation. There should be a brief waiting period, a cooldown, between each use. Cooldown adds a bit more strategy than the obvious tactic of just leaving it on 95% of the time. This would encourage more interactivity between gamers, since retreat wouldn't be a trivial matter of just running away at high velocity. (Although it is fun to do high-velocity pursuit in the original Jedi Knight.) Gamers would have to plan and ration their force speed.

You said exactly what i think.. I agree totally.

One way of implementing Wilhuf's idea is to make increased proficiency with Force Speed an expensive power to use, in terms of expended Force mana. Want to put four stars on Force Speed? Fine - that will cost you 80% of your Force mana, which takes a noticable amount of time to regenerate. Conversely, let's say one only put one star on Force Speed. Now you can still run much faster than the typical mortal, but still roughly 75% slower than someone with four stars on Force Speed, and you've only consumed 20% of your Force mana, leaving you enough juice to use the Force in other endeavors.

I'm not suggesting these exact percentages or amounts, but something along these lines so that if you do bump your Force Speed up to the max, then you'll pay the price for your lack of vision...Jedi :cool:

I am glad we will see the end of the stars in SP anyway, that means we wont have to trade off some force powers, and instead we can reasonable proficient in all of them.

it is ludicrous to make you choose IMO, if you're a jedi you should be able to do most things...

wardz

Archived