Home

who has the coolest sig around here

Uutont Fær Uulion

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lemon Head

True, but also, let's face it, Lucas Arts would have made a pitiful cash in if they made games for the old-faithfuls only, they need to appeal to more people and you just cant do that with 2D these days - at least not while simultaneously expecting them to pay for it

True.

I love all the games for the reason that they're MI games.

With or without Gilbert is another issue, but I still like them.

Originally posted by Navhead

True.

I love all the games for the reason that they're MI games.

With or without Gilbert is another issue, but I still like them.

It seems that a lot of arguments against MI3 and MI4 are down to public opinion, people not wanting to go against the flow simply agree with everyone else (of course this is not always the case so don't feel the need to reply with a "hey, not me" message)

I think you're right about the change in the games without Gilbert's input though, and i would say that MI3 and MI4 are both very good adventure games, but mediocre Monkey Island ones.

MI1 and MI2 aren't a blinding light of goodness you know... People compare CMI and EMI to MI1 and MI2 without thinking about MI1 and MI2 enough. I theorize that if CMI and EMI were released in '90 and '91 instead of MI1 and MI2, with appropriately adjusted graphics of course, there'd be just as many fans. It's just a cool bubbly case of bias. I love all the Monkey Islands as one big game, really...

This is all opinion of course. But it's a cool bubbly opinion.

Originally posted by Trapezoid

MI1 and MI2 aren't a blinding light of goodness you know...

you are quite right about this, of course, but that's my point. A 'Monkey Island game' is whatever conforms to those classics from the early 90's, whether you feel they're good or bad. Even if you hated monkey island 1 + 2 i would still say that CMI is not a fabulous Monkey Island game because it doesn't follow the same pattern, style, ambiance (or whatever you want to call the monkey island experience) EMI even less so.

But bear in mind that I'm also saying that CMI and EMI are both very good games. I'm not dissmissing them because i'm an old-faithful, i'm saying that they're not in the same vein as Monkey Island 1 + 2 in terms of style only, but are both still excellent.

Archived