Home

adventures games, dammit!

Cookie3118

You Liked Escape from Monkey Island? :eek: It wasnt as good as the others and if i hadnt played them i doubt i would have gone and bought it. Grim Fandango was really good though, I want another Grim Fandango. We can only hope that Lucas Arts will announce an adventure game this year. Something new would be cool. Perhaps with no monkeys. FT2 would be great and remember that was suggested in a LEC chat with Thingy and whasisname.

As much as I love Lucas Arts Adventures - especially DOTT & Grim fandango, the best game of all time has to be The Last Express.

I wrote a review on my web-site but I think Games Domain's Travellors Diary said it best: http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/adventure/td/tle.html

If you love adventure games as much as I do you really should make it your purpose in life to find this game.

OK heres some nice things the press had to say:

"Excels in almost every way I look at it. Jordan Mechner has taken adventure gaming to a new level. Hence The Last Express has been designated with a Gold award. If there was anything higher, I would have used that! All gamers must play this one!"

Games Domain

"An adventure game without equal. A well-thought out plot that grips you from the beginning and keeps you glued to your computer until its heart-pounding ending. In short, the game is brilliant. An innovative masterpiece that has set a new standard for the adventure game genre. Highly recommended."

Nexus Gaming

"Lovely graphics and mood are complimented by good acting and a rich story line. Exceptionally beautiful and immersive. A unique and polished adventure game with a strong, sustained, historical flavor."

PC Gamer

"Plays not only well, but phenomenally so. Gripping... amazing... truly unique. The best adventure game I have ever played... nothing has ever come near. Beautiful, skillfully crafted, and worth every penny and hour of your time."

Games Domain

Well if I have not convinced you by now I'll eat my hat. Also check out Toonstruck - very similar to DOTT and very funny at times.

Originally posted by LucasTones

Did anyone ever play 'The Flight of the Amazon Queen'? I loved that game!

So did I. The game has an undeniable LEC influence and while it's not quite up to the LEC standards, it's still very enjoyable.

Archived