Home

Outlaw of handguns

Heavyarms

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by duder

Your knowledge is very sketchy. Japan is a democracy, whilst there is some debate as to how much power the corparates hold over them, you could also apply that to most western countries and especially the U.S. They are a fully civilised country, I don't think many of them would take kindly to what you just said about them.

Well, i'm sorry then. Honestly i wasn't sure about Japan, but i do know for a fact that places like china do indeed kill criminals on the spot, i've talked to many people who have been there as missionaries and for other reasons. Still, everything else in my post was valid, which you haven't denied.

Originally posted by captain_drake

but my uncle and brother are...

Hey hillbilly boy...they wouldn't happen to be the same person would they? :D :D :D

More importantly guns should be banned.....I have spoken.

:mob: <-------Less of this please

A knife or a Bow would be easier to fight back against and treat wounds for.... As for the Terror Weapons: Are you high? Most High School's have metal detectors.. Only bombs made out of Cottege Cheese could get past them.. And don't say "WHat about plastic weapons?" Plutonium is a metal....

I never would think I would ever call Duder the "Sensible" one in a debate...

'I never would think I would ever call Duder the "Sensible" one in a debate...'

I almost took offence, but the point you raised is very valid. Of course the main concern is how a teenager can get to that state in the first place. But the fact that guns are so easily obtainable, and also very much a part of the culture, it gives someone temporarily out of there mind a worringly violent outlet.

have you noticed that all the places that outlaw guns are one inlands and or kill poeple if they have a gun. the U.S.A is neither it's much eaiser to summgle stuff in and we can't kill crimnal unless they kill like 5 people or are total burtal in killing one. And most of those use knives and bats to kill.

Lemme just say this, look at my sig and rank. Now you know where I stand on this issue. Now what I have to say is, I am a part of what some call, "gun culture" I was raised with guns and I've known guns and how to use them all my life, but my dad taught me the proper way of using a gun, always check a gun to see if it has a round in the chamber, never point a gun at something or someone that you don't intend to shoot, always check to see if the safety is on or off things like that. What I'm simply trying to state is that the incendent that happened to Havoc's friend could have been avoided.

Originally posted by Gaming Nut

have you noticed that all the places that outlaw guns are one inlands and or kill poeple if they have a gun. the U.S.A is neither it's much eaiser to summgle stuff in and we can't kill crimnal unless they kill like 5 people or are total burtal in killing one. And most of those use knives and bats to kill.

Cant say that I've noticed that here in the UK. :o

Originally posted by Clefo

Most High School's have metal detectors..

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Are you serious????

That's unheard of here in England!

...And just to add some more life to the topic ('Stir it up' :D) not all guns are illegal in the UK...

I'm sure duder remembers that farmer in Yorkshire(?) who shot that 16-year old boy with a shotgun and killed him for breaking into a building that appeared completely derelict and disused...

I'll leave you to fight amongst yourselves now :D

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

...And just to add some more life to the topic ('Stir it up' :D) not all guns are illegal in the UK...

I'm sure duder remembers that farmer in Yorkshire(?) who shot that 16-year old boy with a shotgun and killed him for breaking into a building that appeared completely derelict and disused...

I'll leave you to fight amongst yourselves now :D

Good point, now imagine the amount of times that would happen if everyone owned a gun!!!

Originally posted by xwing guy

Now Havoc, I hate to be mean but I'm not nessacarily a nice person but if your dead friend had followed at least 2 of those basic, simple rules that I stated then he wouldn't be dead right now, it was your friend's stupidity that caused him to die, not the gun, a gun is only a tool, it can't help what it does, it has no brain, it's the owners or the person whos handling the gun responsiblity to be sure that they don't shoot themselves or someone else, so don't blame the gun blame the person who was using it.

Alright, let me first start out by stating I NEVER blamed the gun, you heartless fool. Where do you get off dishonoring the dead? He isn't here to defend himself now, if you really want to call somebody stupid, then call me stupid, at least I can defend myself. I know the old addage: guns don't kill people, people kill people! I never said the gun killed my friend, did I? well... DID I? My point is this, to have access to a dangerous weapon in your home is... are you ready for this... PROVEN by statistics to increase the chance that YOU or one of your family members (not the gun!!!!) will injure or kill another member of the family! Now that's my OPINION, hold on let me spell that one out for you, O-P-I-N-I-O-N. You need a definition of that? Because it seems you don't get it.

I'm not forcing my views on anyone, go ahead and look back at my posts, I have NEVER pressed my views, I have only said that if you feel it necessary to have a gun, then exercise safety. THAT'S IT! I have never called anyone stupid, least of all the dead! You have crossed a line, my friend. You have ceased to be a productive member of this dicussion and have lowered yourself to the level of a flamer.

Oh, and by the way. If we had ANY experience with guns and knew those rules at the time, my friend would probably be alive, yes. But seeings as we were only 14 year olds with no hunting or gun experience, we didn't know the rules. I wish I could take it back, God Knows I wish I could take it back. You think I Like my friend being dead? You think I'm not still haunted by his face wincing in pain as he slowly died in my arms, asking me if he was going to be alright?! You don't have any idea what that's like! You think I haven't beaten myself up enough about that? You think I don't already think of myself as stupid? Sometimes, I down right hate myself for what happened! I wish it was me that died there that day, not Rob. He was a good kid, he was a minister's kid, kind and thoughtful. He didn't deserve to die that day! Until you have one of your best friends die in your arms, then I suggest you lay off calling a dead kid stupid!

I know the rules now, I even use a 9mm at work. But that doesn't bring my friend back. Who was the stupid one, you ask? My friend's dad, for putting a loaded weapon on the wall without any restraints, that's who. Who paid the price? my friend. Could it have been avoided? sure. Can someone go a lifetime with weapons in their home without incident? sure. But does it still increase the chances of something happening? yes. That is all I'm saying, and I am saying it as my belief and opinion, not forcing it on anyone. And I'm still going to say this: If you choose to have guns in your home, please be careful!

So back off, slandering the dead isn't going to make your point of view look any better! :mad:

Oh, how do you like your coffee? BLACK like your HEART? :mad:

You haven't noticed your an inland not connected to the main land nor is japan your two main expamles of banning guns working.

Also you hear more about guys knifing a person in the park or beating them. Then walking up and shooting them some people might have been saved but plenty more would still be dead. Knifes and fists are weapons a guy without a gun will use a bat or fist like that hockey dad he killed a man with his bare hands banning gun wouldn't have saved him.

Alright, I will keep posting this link until xwing guy sees it and offers an apology for defaming the dead!

xwing guy go ahead and read this post and see if you can't tell me what you did wrong!

And gaming nut, as far as kives and bats being used in lieu of guns, sure it would happen. But there is a lot more survivors of stab wounds and bat beatings then those of guns. Plus, Guns are alot more impersonal, you can fire from 5,10 30 feet away and hit your victim. However, with a knive, bat etc, you must be close to your victim making it a even greater strain on your conscious and gives the victim the ability to fight back. Your statement, however logical, still does not completely justify the need for guns.

However, it is your opinion, and unlike others on this board, I respect that. And I respect you for approaching this discussion without the need to call people "stupid", thank you.

Alright, I will keep posting this link until xwing guy sees it and offers an apology for defaming the dead!

xwing guy go ahead and read this post and see if you can't tell me what you did wrong!

Drake, I'm really not for the elimination of guns. I believe as Artoo said earlier in the thread, that guns are a necessary evil. I feel that law enforcement, military and certain other professinals require the use of handguns, and I believe that people should have the right to rifles and shotguns, but I believe that the general poplus does need automatic assault rifles, and/or handguns. The only other thing I have been saying is that if you have any guns in your home, then please exercise caution and safety. So really, those of you who want guns in general, have nothing to fear from me. It's the lovers of handguns that may have a bone to pick with me. The only other person who may want to debate with me would be someone who feels that guns require no safety or cautious practices, which I don't think there is one person who feels that way.

So...

guns=good as long as all safety measures and catioun is adhered too

handguns=not-so-good unless for the law-enforcement or military use

Archived