Past Results:

Gladiator 18, Blade 2

Saving Private Ryan 12, Gladiator 7

Jurassic Park 13, Saving Private Ryan 6

Jurassic Park 10, The Mummy 7

The Matrix 20, Jurassic Park 6

darn you.

I'm stumped...

Both are pretty bad in some respects, but both are AWESOME in others respects.

Eps. I

Cons

1. Jar Jar and Anakin

2. too mayny Pittiful kiddy parts

3. Darth Maul doesn't speak enough

Pros

1. Darth Maul and Yoda

2. Podracers and Jedi Battles

3. Special Effects are Awesome thanks to ILM!!!

4.TONS of droids...and LOTS of Gungans.

5. Jedi Battles

6. Double Bladed Jedi Battle

7. Jedi Battles

8. Big Land Battle

Matrix

Cons

1. Alot of bad acting

2. Weak storyline

3. Ships scenes are low budget quality or worse

4. Any part outside the Matrix

Pros

1. Effects are tremendously beautiful

2. slow-mo scenes

3. Guns galor

4. Cool concept

5. Any part inside the Matrix

Guest Mal *Nexsis*

well Tir...thats a hard one...I'd have to say for me...the Matrix....It all falls to my love of martial art movies...if EP1 had Kung Fu or Kempo....I'd be stuck

Ugh. TPM over The Matrix? Puhleeease! TPM was a disgrace to the original Star Wars Trilogy. The acting was absolute crap (I want to shoot myself every time Anakin says something), it had possibly the most annoying character of all time, the story was stupid and under-developed (WHY were the Neimodians blockading Naboo? Just fer the hell of it?), and the entire film just seemed empty and emotionless.

There were some attractions, of course. The immensely gorgeous Natalie Portman made me want to see the movie; too bad she wasn't a very good actress at all. I never once felt like she honestly cared about "her people": every time she mentioned the blockade and occupation she seemed cold and apathetic.

And then there was Jar Jar, who despite being very annoying was the first completely-interactive animated character ever. So that was an attraction.

And, of course, the movie was (supposedly) Star Wars. Fighting and adventure and noble causes and tyrannical oppressors and the darkest villains imagineable. Except the adventure wasn't really there. And the villains were pretty ordinary. The fighting was there, of course, and so was the tyranny. But it didn't all fit together very well.

What I saw when watching TPM was a bunch of action sequences intervened by lame acting scenes. And that's not what makes a good movie.

I've wasted enough of your time already so I won't go into the Matrix. It too had many of the flaws above, but not as severe as TPM.

Edit: and about the whole "What kind of SW fan are you?" discussion... I'm as big a SW fan as anyone here (why else would I be working on a SW mod?), yet I'm man enough to admit I didn't like TPM. Being a fan doesn't mean I have to be ignorant to the movie's flaws. I applaud all other SW fans who realize the same idea.

well.... that what you said were NOT facts.. it was an oppinion. if anyone liked the movie... they did.. if someone didnt like the movie... they didnt.

May also add that i admid i thought that there were to many technologic advantage in commparisson to the other movies.

But I DID love the TPM. but like i said. it is an oppinion.

Your name wouldnt be Peter Lunshoff would it? cause i had a very simular discussion with him today. and the only reason he did discuss it. was to ruin my only hobby. STAR WARS.

and im not here to flame you or any thing. if i did offend you. SORRY. im just stating my mind.

-Wraith 8-

see, here is the problem with all of you people complaining about episode I. yeah sure, it wasnt the best movie out of the whole star wars saga. and you all are probably right, lucas could probably have done better. but, i think that you are forgetting something. episode I was meant to be the movie that set up episodes II and II. alone, TPM wasn't the greatest movie, but as part of the rest of the saga, it is only the intro to something a whole lot bigger. and that is where i think a lot of the movie critics go wrong. they forget to look at the big picture. george was just setting up the story that will lead in to episodes II and III and eventually into the classic trilogy. and by the way it looks episode II will be one of the best out of the saga.

of course, this is all just my opinion, i dont know about yours.

Archived