Home

da best way to get a demo!!!!!

sanpilou

Just a quick question, when was E3 last year? Anyone know?

Well, a working version of Jedi Outcast was previewed by people at LucasArts. And it was three months after production had started on the game.

If you really think about it, Raven didn't have a whole lot to change on the game engine. But the game interface, the network play, and the game information itself were likely the largest changes made.

The game is supposed to have a release date some time in March, so a demo wouldn't be that far off. I'm not sure if anybody noticed, but a week or two ago, one of the site managers of the Outcast site mistakenly put up a place holder for the demo, although there wasn't a demo to download... so I suspect that they're just waiting for approval to release the demo.

And that takes time. Anyone from the Elite Force modding community can attest to the length of time it took Raven to get approval to release the maps for the game.

I just triedto do a search fr "demo" and "kiss army" but gave up as there was a bunch of threads and I'm not going to go through them all.:D

anyway, if it is true then yes that would suck... But hey just think how much more you will be pumped once it does go gold.

Patience is a virtue.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by GonkH8er

1 SP map (standalone mission. not from the game)

2 MP maps. 1 sabers only, 1 with all weapons.

3 MP Skins

All saber colours.

I dont think there should be all weapons or all saber colours, that would just spoil it. But I do agree with you that there should be a standalone mission.

Although a video might be nice, I would prefer a demo. And as I said a long time ago, I think it would be better as a stand alone mission (or level). I remember playing JK's demo level (the refuelling station) several times...so when I got to it in the full game, I became a bit detached because I knew what to do, where to go, etc.

Yes, a demo would be very welcome. ;)

I agree with StormHammer..........it would be much better to have a standalone level than one from the actual game. I remember getting to that level in JK and being totally bored because I had completed it so many times. And anyway, it would only take Raven an extra few days to make a standalone game. We dont care about bugs in the demo.....well I dont anyway :p

Originally posted by SotE_Xizor1

Hmm. I'd prefer the first level from the SP campaign as a demo, like they did with MotS. And just 1 MP level, from whichever set you like, be it sabers, guns, kill the ysalamiri, etc.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

I couldn't see the level anymore when I finally got retail....

for one thing, putting level 1 as the demo with no force powers wouldnt fly....do it like jk and put level 9 (well maybe not level 9 for outcast, but still) where you can have some force powers and a concussion rifle (im still hoping)...heh...

and for multiplayer, no bespin dammit lol

well i dunno why im posting this...the only time i will play the demo is when im bored and i want to yell at some newbies (literal and figurative newbies) heh....

that was fun chasing newbies around bespin after a hard day of ji oasis hehe.....

Originally posted by gamebooger

Come on we don't know if there will be MP in the demo yet right? But if there is then I'd want a couple maps. And for the SP demo having a couple strong powers would be nice.

man if there were a couple of maps and some strong force powers it would take away the suprise and excitement of the retail version when it comes out. only thing id want is one mp map and one or two saber colors with maybe one or two simple force powers for a demo.

Archived