harry potter

Zygomaticus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kioet Csuhen
Originally posted by Redwing

*cough cough*theForce*cough* :p

ya, but I don't see jedi knights chanting some bull ****. (i haven't read harry potter, so i could be wrong about that part, heh). And they only use the force for defense.

Hairy Otter and Star Wars can't compare w/eachother.

Harry Otter? *Tries to get a picture in his mind*

I think anyone who thinks Harry Potter is evil/satan's helper has either not read the books, took that one article in The Onion t0o seriously, or is very loaded up on hash. I think its good reading, and the movie should be faithful to the book.

Originally posted by jeffdark

I have a sincere obsession to kill harry potter..the $%^&$ing little pr*k pi$$es me of SO much..all these idiots saying the movie will be better than LOTR just makes me want to pull out a sword and drive it right down that stupid little kids trought. I did a cartoon on it..it's got gandalf impailing Harry potter with his sword. I'll post it soon, but since i'm staring my own comic soon, i don't want anyone to seal it..yes, it's truly great. LOTR rules.

have u read the book??

if not why do u flame

first read it and then comment(maybe then we'll agree to your comments)

Guest Kioet Csuhen

haven't read it nor do i want to read it. i just feel good trashing and insulting it. What the hell is it about anyways? explain it to me and every1 else, please.

its basically abt this boy who had brilliant parents who were killed by the dark lord voldemort and when he tried to kill harry harry miraculously reflected the curse and it nearly killed voldemort.(this was harry was a baby)

he lives for 10 years with muggles(non magic people) and then goes to the wizard school to start learning wizrdry where he makes friends enemies and hes once again confronted by the dark lord *you know who*

so anyway its abt his adventures at schhool and how he deals with them

my review may make it sound boring but then i am a bad reviewer

it wont hurt to go to the library once and check it out:D

OK OK people break it up.......

you all act like a Star Trek fan against a Star Wars fan. trying to fight wich one is better (Star Wars ofcourse)

My opinion:

I have not read the books. But i heard a lot about them and now there are even Lego harry potter. but i think it will be a short hype. i mean..... it all seems so blown up by media and producers of toys. in a couple of months there will be another great toy, book, story or movie where everybody is going to scream about.

Take Pokemon. Digimon and yes even Dragon Ball Z. you almost dont hear about them right now. and they will fade to the background. and i think harry potter will also fade to the background in maybe 2 or 3 years, maybe sooner.

BUT THAT IS WHAT I THINK.

I think you cant compare Harry Potter with Star Wars.

Star Wars is a totaly different thing than HP.

I HAVE SPOKEN

As I said I'm not into wizard stuff!

The only books I read for pleasure are Star Wars books. :D

My little brother who is 8 read all the book that are out. Also few of my friends little brothers read it to and like it. My Aunt who was a teacher for about 20 year read it. She thought is was ok, but it got very boring to her. Other people I know read it and hated it.

I havn't read the book and I'm probaly not going to.

There is my 2 cents worth!:D

Guest Luke Skywalker

I ABSOLUTELY HATE AND DESPISE HARRY POTTER. I just have this huge disliking for him... but if it gives LOTR more readers.... I just don't like how the wizardy stuff is basically a rip of of books like LOTR. No offense to anyy HP fans out there...

[/rant]

Guest xwing guy

What I mean is that all that wizardy and stuff that he does is things of Satan and his demons, thats why it straight from Hell. And I think I heard the author say some stuff like Jesus is weak and that Satan will rule the world in the end.

Guest ICP Ringmaster

yeah i also read something to the effct that satan will take control. i think that this si a sad world we live in were these sick people can write this and tons of people will read it!!!!!!!!

Like I said I like Potter books...

The thing is everyone is making a big fuss over it because of wizards and witches...no one makes a fuss over other fantasy books like LOTR...oh well that's what you get when your book is a permenant edition to the bestseller list...

I just don't like how the wizardy stuff is basically a rip of of books like LOTR. No offense to anyy HP fans out there...

Sure it is...Gandalf when to a school and it showed how Gandalf's life and how he came to be a Wizard...Oh and I just love the sports in LOTR that HP copied off of...like quiddich that was deffinatly made in LOTR...

point being...that HP is a totally unique series...it shows the wizarding world from a STUDENT's perspective...he goes to school like every one else but he goes to a wizard's school. Most of the stuff in there is VERY unique. Oh sure thy copied and had Wizards and Magic and Dragons and Dwaves and Trolls...SO WHAT!!! Every author has to draw inspiration from somewhere...including Toilken...This book is almost entirly unique...which makes it stand out from loads of other books on the shelves now...

[/rant]

Archived