Home

PC gamer review

Blokie_

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read the review and seen the trailer, and it's looking good. There are a couple of downers near the end of the review, but I don't think it's enough to spoil the game overall - hence their score of 92%.

And here comes a great BIG welcome to all of the new faces on the forums, including...

Amorpheus, MattPierce, jokemaster, qtseng, Darth Yittreas, ghedley, Closter, ukdag69, FriendlyGhost, Clostermann, Coolgaur, Kx_Dra_Sycdan, Shark747, Mattco, Sith, Sabowan, RiseForth, Eternity, Hicks007, Cloudstrife, chenster22 and elite_man2002.

I hope you enjoy your stay, people. :)

*Hands over a huge tub of chocolate Jedi Medallions*

There you go. Help yourselves. There's enough for everyone listed... :D

Stormhammer do you have a picture of what a chocolate jedi medallion looks ike? You could sell the idea to Lucasfilm and they would make them, the whole world would eat chocolate jedi medallions and proveded you made the deal well to get some royalties for each unit sold you'd be rich and share the profit with me!

:D

ANYWAY, about the movie, lol

not all jedi use the same cloaks!!! i think Obi and Quis were brown but Mauls was black!

But there is a dark jedi there right or am i seeing things?!?! And i dont see a face so i think hes wearing a cloak...

also, look around 0:52 where kyle is in some sort of guard tower perhaps shooting stormtroops approaching, to the left, one of em yells, stay where you are also i think... anyway, look to the right side, theres fighting going on! Maybe Jan or fellow Jedi fighting? Lando??

Originally posted by Broode

Also+, check out 1:07, just before Kyle lightnings the guy, he glows like hes being lightninged. wtf?:confused:

I believe that was when he was being shot by an Imp officer - that glow is his personal shields (if you look closely, every time he "glows" in that scene, the shield indicator number goes down...

Got the mag ;)

wasn't that impressed with the video. it was cool n all, but i am not surprised it could be compressed into 14 mb, the quality was poor and there weren't really any WOW! moments like in the lucasarts.com vid.

quicktime sucks ;)

reveiw seemed generally very good... but (reading between the lines) i got the impression they thought it had been a bit rushed and could do with a bit more polishing/balancing.

but then if it was only a beta.....

- the limited number of enemies was one worrying point.

- not so worried about the force powers... the lightsaber/force powers weren't realy needed in the original... but they were fun to use, and gave you alternatives.

- getting behind people is a good way to kill people in any game... :D

- sounds good, but not groundbreaking... guess that is what i was expecting.

in the video, you can hardly see the bolts from your trooper blaster, and they do seem to miss troopers that they should hit... not like in DF where there were bolts flying all around and explosions everywhere when they hit the wall. they should beef up te bolts and their hit sounds.

controlling bots and a vehicle sounds very cool....

Originally posted by Krak3n

mmm...i think the figures u see in the bottom right of the screen (0.52 in the trailer) are more storm troopers, don't look like ppl fighting to me.......then i could be wrong, shame the trailer wasn't a higher resolution.

i dont mean a jedi duel but just fighting, there are tracers down there so someone is shooting at someone else... (and the tracers arent coming at you)

To Digi:

The reviewer acknowledged that there were puzzle elements where the Force was necessary, but he discounted them. He was saying that the force powers were not necessary enough in general play.

I'm still not sure exactly how he would have liked them, though.

The other comment in the review that worries me is when he says that 'tactical consideration during duels is minimum', which he says slightly before syaing getting behins people and sabre throwing them is the beat tactic.

Archived