Home

Official Site Update

SlowbieOne

Wow! Thanks for the info!

Indeed, the Heavy Repeater sounds like a mix of the concussion rifle and repeator, wow!

The laser mines sound so incredible! And the detonator packs can blast open doors!!!! WHOA!

Also, kinda scary that the Rodians are packing disruptor rifles. "They make excellent snipers" Whoa...I'm scared now.

24 levels and 8 locations. Sounds good.

BTW - Jan looks hotter than she did in JK1. :p

Guest Krayt Tion

Hot damn.

Hot DAMN. :nut: These new player models have surpassed my expectations.

I've never ever thought of Jan in a sexual way, tho she looks great here.

Heavy Repeater = what the mp5 w/ grenades was to HL Deathmatch. It sure looks cool but I hope it isn't too powerful. Hopefully the secondary rate of fire will be nothing like the conc (can't see why it would be, if you have to hold the button down).

I must say I like the way the weapon models look. However, I'm kind of wondering why there are so many projectile based weapons. The fletchet, golan, bow caster, heavy repeater, I mean, this is Star Wars isn't it? Shouldn't there be more laser based weapons? Yeah, the disrupter, bryar, the droid killing gun (forgot name), storm trooper are all laser based weapons, but the disrupter is more of a phaser (from Star Treck) then anything... So I hope the rest of the weapons are lasers, to capture the Star Wars feel. But then agian, we still need the rockett launcher to be announced.

I love the way the player models look, with the exception of the rodian, who's eyes are too close to his mouth, or his mouth is too short. Jan Ors looks great especially :). I also kind of like the Sith Reborns, though I don't like the fact that they are a common enemy, it kind of trivializes the idea of fighting another saber wielding enemy, as apposed to JK, were there were only 7.

Laser Trip mines were first in Duke Nukem 3d, before half-life.

From the official site, character section.

Reborn :

These dark disciples are pawns in the Remnants bid to amass an army of Force imbued dark acolytes. The Reborn are an unstoppable force; an evil instrument to bring back the ideals of the Emperor, the ways of the Sith and the Empire itself. In battle, the Reborn employ Force powers, lightsabers, and personal shielding

That is pure awesomeness!! These guys sound even cooler than the Sith stone statues from MOTS!!

Hmm.. laser trip wire mines, machine guns (with metal bullets no less), phaser rifles (I mean disruptors), and the Flak Cannon.

Sounds very starwarsy... heh

Nah, I'm sure they'll all work out fine. Plenty of variety there, and I'm glad to see we have some mines to use after all. ; )

As long as I have a good blaster rifle by my side, my saber and the force, I'm fine...

Flak Cannon

Often used by the Corporate Sector Authority's police squads, the FC-1 fires shards of metal in a shotgun-like spread, capable of hitting multiple targets in close proximity. The primary fire discharges like a shotgun, while secondary fire launches two mines that ricochet, then explode after a few seconds or when someone comes within a certain proximity. Great care must be taken to ensure that ricochets do not end up hitting the attacker

:D

The secondary fire has some originality though. The weapons are turning out really good IMO, as someone said, each new update or screenshot makes me want the game even more, and I thaught It wasnt possible to want it more than what I did before :D

quit giving them a hard time. all weapons in all games have some simliarity to the other... the blaster is just something that a semi-automatic gun that fires red light; switich it with bullets and you have yourself a rifle but you guys don't complain about that....... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DeathBoLT

quit giving them a hard time. all weapons in all games have some simliarity to the other... the blaster is just something that a semi-automatic gun that fires red light; switich it with bullets and you have yourself a rifle but you guys don't complain about that....... :rolleyes:

I was joking, in fact Im really happy with those last 5 guns descriptions

Originally posted by Silent_Thunder

I also kind of like the Sith Reborns, though I don't like the fact that they are a common enemy, it kind of trivializes the idea of fighting another saber wielding enemy, as apposed to JK, were there were only 7.

I disagree. I think that lower-ranking lightsaber enemies are a great thing. Lightsaber dueling in JKII is bound to be great fun, better than JKI, and having a few of these guys handy to knock around between tougher enemies will be fun. I don't think it really takes away from anything.

Archived