Home

Am I the only one...

Bar_Tender

Same here. Even according to the official site, the Bryor Pistol is for longer distances. The stormtrooper rifle was never goo for that because it splayed shots everywhere like it was being fired by a drunk.

That's always been something that bugged me about the stormtrooper rifle not being accurate. Didn't Obi-Wan say in the original Star Wars movie that "only Imperial troops are so precise" or something close to that? How can they be accurate if their weapons fire like drunken sailors?

I'm guessing the stormie rifle will be accurate when used in semi-automatic mode. It'll probably "spray shots everywhere like it was being fired by a drunk" in automatic mode :D

At least, it better. The inaccurate stormie rifle in JK was disgustingly lame and totally inaccurate (pun intended ;)) to canon.

As for the Bryar, Kyle modified it (again) to let a shot charge in the blast chamber before firing. Likely that made the barrel heavier, so he designed a new handle to make up for it.

That's always been something that bugged me about the stormtrooper rifle not being accurate. Didn't Obi-Wan say in the original Star Wars movie that "only Imperial troops are so precise" or something close to that? How can they be accurate if their weapons fire like drunken sailors?

That's what was so hilarious about a reader question in one of the recent Star Wars Insider magazines. The guy said something like, "How did Obi-Wan know stormtroopers had attacked the sandcrawler? We all know that stormtroopers are poor shots, and we saw in Episode I that the Tusken Raiders are able to accurately hit pods racing by at over 600KPH." :D

Of course, if you've seen Troops, you know what really happened to the sandcrawler and Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. ;)

Originally posted by Redwing

As for the Bryar, Kyle modified it (again) to let a shot charge in the blast chamber before firing. Likely that made the barrel heavier, so he designed a new handle to make up for it.

And the best he could do to "support" it was THAT skinny thing? He CAN'T have stopped using the Force; he's using it to keep the barrel from falling off!!!

Did any one think that maybe it has something to do with the story, myabe its and outdated he has to use because it has a secondary or third fire that his byar didn't have.

Myabe it has something to do with the story could be.

or kyle could loose his own, and is given an antique byar.

Originally posted by Brick

Same here. Even according to the official site, the Bryor Pistol is for longer distances. The stormtrooper rifle was never goo for that because it splayed shots everywhere like it was being fired by a drunk.

Its not the weapon, but the person that uses the weapon makes the difference.

<font color=cbcbff> Don't underestimate the possible strategic value of the new Bryar model. While it might have been fairly not-so-fearsome in Jedi Knight, it's dead-on accuracy, charging bolt and (probably) low ammo usage might make it a strategically valuable weapon. I remember nailing quite a few people in MotS with a full charge from the DL-44(I think that's the model) that can be found in that game and it hurts. With the new GHOUL2 system, a fully charged shot in the head might well be enough to kill someone instantly.

Raven obviously thinks a lot of the gun, because their playtester was trying to use it against an AT-ST in the first trailer(he either had god mode on or....he was toast shortly after that scene was captured).

Originally posted by JR2000Z

Its not the weapon, but the person that uses the weapon makes the difference.

You've played JK, right? The lovely devs decided to make the stormie rifle woefully inacurrate. It was impossible to hit where you aimed, because the rifle automatically missed.

Extremely lame.

The briar pistol is quite useful for accuracy purposes. Who cares about the handle? I doubt stormtroopers are gonna scratch their heads and make fun or him for having a small handle.

As soon as you kill someone you'll jack their gun and use that. And then you'll jack the next coolest gun, etc. etc. And when you get the sabre, it's all quiet for 20 seconds while you contemplate tossing all your other weapons in the trash. You dump the weapons (excluding the briar pistol because of it's accuray) and you proceed to kill everyone. Whoever thinks that you need a massive gun with huge trashing capabilities never played JK. Fools can't escape the lightsabre. All you gotta do is remove said stormtrooper head with your deathstick and gameover.

As soon as you kill someone you'll jack their gun and use that. And then you'll jack the next coolest gun, etc. etc. And when you get the sabre, it's all quiet for 20 seconds while you contemplate tossing all your other weapons in the trash. You dump the weapons (excluding the briar pistol because of it's accuracy) and you proceed to kill everyone. Whoever thinks that you need a massive gun with huge trashing capabilities never played JK. Fools can't escape the lightsabre. All you gotta do is remove said stormtrooper head with your deathstick and gameover.

LOL - you can stay :)

Originally posted by Redwing

You've played JK, right? The lovely devs decided to make the stormie rifle woefully inacurrate. It was impossible to hit where you aimed, because the rifle automatically missed.

Extremely lame.

It was the same way in Dark Forces, the stormtrooper rifle was horrible for accuracy, but good for close quarters combat. If you enter a room with a bunch of baddies you can strafe and just spray your blaster fire, I found the tactic very useful in Jedi Knight single player, and Dark Forces for that matter.

Archived