Home

Enemies

Redwing

From PC Gamer UK:

Well, the relatively small amount of skins means there's an absurd amount of Stormtroopers, Imperial Officers, Weequay, Gran and Rodians to kill, but few other races. Plus, even those great models that have been created (such as TIE-Fighter Pilots, Swamptroopers, Protocol Droids, R2 units, etc) are used far too infrequently. This doesn't spoil the game as such, but just prevents it from providing total immersion in the universe. Which is a crying shame, when an extra month of development would have sufficed to create a more varied and interesting cast of players.

Gee, that sounds foreboding :( Raven, say it ain't so! Apparently PC Gamer UK was reviewing a build that was over a month old, so there's hope...not that it would ruin the game if what was said is true, but... *holds out hope that a Raven dev will come along to calm his fears*

<font color=cbcbff> Thinking about it, that's about the same as the first one.

JK I:(it's late, so I might miss some)

Tuskens

Gran

Stormtroopers

Officers

Rodians

Probe droids and "Patrol Droids"'

Gamorrean Pig Guards

JK II:

Weequay

Gran

Stormtroopers

Officers

Rodians

Swamptroopers

"Reborn" Dark Jedi thugs

Probe Droids

Gamorreans?

It does sound like there aren't going to be very many new things, however...

I won't list every single JK enemy out of the manual, but there are several "new" characters this time around.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS WARNING (Note this info came from interviews with Tosti freely available to the public)

=======================================

There are also:

Gray suited Imperial Officers

Shadowtroopers

The Final Dark Jedi Boss

Weequays (note that there were some in MotS)

Various AI Buddies, including some that were in MotS (like the New Republic Commandos)

And I'm sure there will be some characters we haven't been told about...

I'm just interested to know what's going on in the Expanded Universe books at the moment. I've read the Timothy Zahn trilogy with Thrawn etc, i've read the Kevin J. Anderson Trilody jedi search series, and i've read the Han Solo trilogy. So does the remnants of the empire ever die? Are there always stormtroopers, imperial officers, star destoyers etc?!

My point is that whoever wrote the story for Mysteries of the Sith made a good writing decision in moving away from fighting the Empire IMO. The first couple of missions you fight familiar imperial enemies, but from then on it's all different. You very rarely encounter storm troopers in the later missions, you get the feeling that their presence is dwindling in the star wars universe, which seems logical, it's past 10 years after their official demise.

Of course the Jk2 story might be just as good with the inclusion of the remnants of the empire as the main enemy. We'll see eventually.

Ahh well.

One thing that disapoints me is the Unborn Jedi. In every screenshots or videos they all look the same.

I loved it a lot more in JK1 when you had to fight different jedis who had different attributes.

not just unborn jedis. sure, you might say they are clones but at least make them look different. i dont know. the red hooded might get overused. =/

The 'Reborn' (not Unborn) arent supposed to be bosses as such. The Empire is building an army of force-attuned warriors, and they crop up in numbers later in the game. Their stock bad guys with sabers, there not supposed to be equivilent to the Sith bosses in JK1

Well, I have no doubt that this game will get an expansion pack (or 2) since JK got one and Raven made one for ST Elite Force, the question is this, what will the 2nd expansion pack bring? Will it be the same quality as JK2 or will it just be basically new maps?

hopefully since this is the expanded universe the Yuuzhan Vong will show up in it, that would be really really cool.

After reading that full review, this issue does seem to be the author's only real concern... but he does say it's a minimal one at that...

It takes at least a month, sometimes 2 to get a full mag from writing/editing, etc to print.. so that author must have had that beta in January or even as early as December.

Therefore, between that time and now, that leaves a good 2 months minimum between the version he had and the polished final product... two months is a long time in Raven time, considering this entire game was done in about 12 months total.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the major polishing aspects done in the last couple months was with skins...

Guess we'll just have a wait a few more weeks and find out for ourselves.

I like the red hooded bad-guys. I wonder when they will get their capes like the emperor. I think its a club and the higher up members of the club have to wear robes. Hopefully whenever I start a club of some sort we can copy this idea and make everyone wear hoods at all times, and i wouldnt ever have to get dressed because i could jus wear a robe at all times.

Yes, MotS had Weequay's, and you could also play as one in Multiplayer.

Dark Forces AI characters:

Stormtrooper

Imperial Commando

Imperial Officer

Probe Droid

Imperial Remote

Interrogator Droid

Mouse Droid (only non-hostile in the game)

Dianoga

Trandoshan

Gammorean Guard

Gran

Kell Dragon

Boba Fett

Phase I Dark Trooper

Phase II Dark Trooper

Phase III Dark Trooper

Droid Welding Arm

There were also Ewoks and Jan Ors, but they were non-animated (well you could scorch the Ewoks).

Jedi Knight AI characters:

Stormtrooper (four varieties)

Imperial Officer

Imperial Commando (two varieties)

AT-ST (two varieties)

Probe Droid

Grave Tusken (four varieties)

Imperial Remote

Sentry Droid

Mailoc

Drugon (sp?)

Those jellyfish things (sorry, forgot the name)

Rodian

Kell Dragon

Gammorean Guard

Trandoshan (two varieties)

Gran (six varieties)

Blaster turrets (at least three varieties)

Dark Jedi (eight varieties)

human bystanders (four varieties)

ughnaught bystanders (two varieties)

droid bystanders (four varieties)

Max the Rabbit

You also see Jan Ors in a cutscene (in polygon form).

MotS AI characters (JK list, plus the following):

New Republic Commando (friendly)

New Republic Officer (friendly)

Rancor

Boba Fett

WeeQuay

Ithorian Renegade

Swamp Wampa

Protocol Droid (another color variety of the droid bystander)

Dianoga

Nohgri

Ysalamari (doesn't attack, negates the force)

Vornskr

Dark Jedi (three varieties)

Sith Statue (two varieties)

Sith Undead (two varieties)

Construction Droids (two varieties)

Assassin Droid

Interrogater droid

TIE Pilot

Dart Flower

AT-AT Driver

Pirate raiders (three varieties, or maybe four)

There's only one type of AT-ST in MotS (drops an AT-AT Driver instead of a Commando or Officer)

There are a few more characters you see only in cutscenes, like the New Republic Commanders, Abrohn Marh, and the Hutt.

I miss any?

The only thing you missed, Kurgan, is the blaster turrets from Dark Forces :).

And Redwing, the 3 Dark Jedi He's talking about are Dark Mara, Dark Kyle, and Dark Kyle #2 (There were 2 different Dark Kyle fights, each with different AI, I believe that's why he's considering 3..).

EDIT: Actually, I believe there was a Dark Jedi in the secret level, that may be what Kurgan is referring to.

Guest Apparition
Originally posted by db6

didn't they say earlier that the GHOUL2 system would allow them to vary the skins of the enemies? maybe we would be seeing the same "face", but they would be wearing different outfits.

GHOUL and GHOUL2 are location based damage systems and really have nothing to do with enemy skins. Skins are just basically that, skins. And they could make a bunch of variations but for some reason no game ever really does. It's a shame.

Archived