Home

Which difficulty setting?

Moses

Which difficulty setting will you play first?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which difficulty setting will you play first?

• Rookie
    • Jedi
    • Jedi Adept
    • Jedi Master

Which difficulty setting are you planning to play first. In the PC gamer article it said there would be 4: Rookie, Jedi, Jedi Adept, and Jedi Master. It immediately after said that you would have to be insane to play the first time on Rookie as you would not get as much out of the game. Now when I play a FPS I normally start on either easy or normal the first time, but I've been thinking since this article that maybe that's not the best way. Could someone more experienced in this sort of thing give me some heads up? Which difficulty setting is the best to start on?

I normally play the first mission in easy mode for most games to get used to the controls. (unless there is a training mission, then I stick with normal)

But since the controls are really basic in FPS games I go for normal mode so that when I beat it I am not used to crappy AI and don't suck against other players.

I always play a game on the default difficulty first, usually normal. Then play through it on a harder difficulty the next time. Normal is usually perfect the first time because easy is always too easy in every game, and hard can be frustrating if you are new to it.

I'm assuming the default will be Jedi, so that would be the one I would play first.

Originally posted by Proto

I'll definitely start at jedi master difficulty. Raven is known of making rather "easy medium diff. levels", e.g. Elite Force at normal setting was pretty easy and short. I want to get everythink JO will offer.

I played elite force on normal that was easy...I can't beat the end boss tho cause it takes too long to load it, and i constantly die cause of the framerate...

That's why I'll start at jedi adept.

i laugh at all of the people who can't play first person shooters on hard difficulty....after virtually any time of playing COMPETITIVELY in any fps, you will laugh too at the sheer pathetic tendencies of ALL AI....i can go through lets say...JK guns levels without getting shot once....you learn to avoid shots, to use tactics...compared to the dynamicism of deathmatches, the ai is no match..

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

I will go for unbelievably hard setting :vadar:. So i will have experience and know how to beat people on the net.

If You think about it most of us here will get the game first and possibly get one hell of a reputation.

agen im sorry to disappoint you, but if you think beating the game on hard is qualification enough to be good @ MP, you should play MP DMz =) that will teach you a bit of a lesson heh

I think I'll do jedi master at first and try a few levels to see if I think I can beat the game on that setting. I used to play on the easy setting first, but I don't usually play a game over after I beat it because I usually go onto multiplayer by that time. Playing on the hardest setting will give me the greatest challenge and the most satisfaction after I beat the game. That is unless I get too frustrated, and in that case, I'll just drop down a difficulty setting.

Swoosh

I would start playing it at "Jedi Adept" so that I would experience as much as possible the "real" feel of fighing a saber fight with another Jedi/Sith. There is also the advantage of having more people to point your blaster at.

agen im sorry to disappoint you, but if you think beating the game on hard is qualification enough to be good @ MP, you should play MP DMz =) that will teach you a bit of a lesson heh

Hush, explain how i got used to jk mp so quickly then :cool:

I'm a gunner so i'm not talknig about sabers.

Originally posted by James

I normally play the first mission in easy mode for most games to get used to the controls. (unless there is a training mission, then I stick with normal)

Luckily (or not for some) for us Raven have left the training missions until about the 4th level :D

I'll probably play it maximum difficulty from the beginning. I did with Elite Force, so I dont see any problem here. To put it on easy would be pointless....even PC Gamer said that easy made the game less fun :D

In Jedi Knight I really couldn't tell that much of a difference in the difficulties. I played it on the hard setting, and the only thing I noticed was the lack of shield, health, ammo, and bacta packs throughout the levels. They also added a few more enemies in certain spots, but other than that it seemed like it took about the same amount of shots to kill the enemies, and for them to kill you. The lack of power ups wasn't that big of a problem, especially once you know where all the secret areas are.

Archived