Home

LucasArts Land

elTee

If you tell me that that's a paranoid android, I will personally track your thirty-year-old ass down, going through all of England. and tell you off severely.

Now, really, what is it? I'm sure it's some something from a TV show I've never had a chance to watch.

[i replied to this message before but my reply never got through due to LucasForums being a skank, so if this post seems particularly low-quality it's just because I can't be bothered to type it all out again.]

The avatar is Marvin, the "rather depressed robot" (I hope a collection of synonyms gets me off the hook!) from the BBC TV series of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. You can find everything you ever wanted to know about him, including where I found his image, at the BBC site which is actually very good!

You can find more "stuff" about him here, although you should avert your gaze from some of the words on this page or you might fly into an indescribable rage.

Well, back to the topic...

I think it would be really cool if they had a big shop in the middle of the park, which sold special editions of all the games. Each one would have original box art for each new year, making each one more individual. The original art would never be reproduced though, as it would cease to be collectible :D

Originally posted by LucasTones

Well, back to the topic...

I think it would be really cool if they had a big shop in the middle of the park, which sold special editions of all the games. Each one would have original box art for each new year, making each one more individual. The original art would never be reproduced though, as it would cease to be collectible :D

I think they should make the games in those tin boxes, like Quake III Arena came in... that would be really nice.

As for Met's image, that's my view of Disneyland Tokyo... you can't escape without being gnawed at or stomped on.

(No, I have never been there, and after Paris, I will make sure I never go there)

Huh. So that's Marvin. I've always wondered what the show looked like... I feel it's rather poor-looking, avtually. The book deserves much better, anyway.

And I've always thought your avatar was from some cheap, obscure seventies Transormers-like show.

Originally posted by Darnn

Huh. So that's Marvin. I've always wondered what the show looked like... I feel it's rather poor-looking

It was a BBC production, what do you expect? ;) BBC sci-fi shows and money go together like Monkey Island 4 and good box art, and therein lies the charm!

Mediocre (and very 80s) special effects or not, the TV series was very enjoyable and introduced me to HHGG, so I'm grateful to it!

When I first read the book I was thirteen, so I imagined Zaphod as Jim Carey (it seems they were trying to cast him for the movie, acually, which is rather strange, since he's American), and Arthur as Hugh Grant. My knowledge of English actors was quite limited.

In fact, I sucked.

I posted a really good reply yesterday, but apparently the server spent too much time admiring it and not enough time adding it to the database.

Anyway, the gist of it was this:

1) Jim Carey as Zaphod = worst idea ever

2) TV series = out on Region 2 DVD. Very good. Americans will have trouble watching. Ha ha.

To start with, I'd need a DVD.

I'm sure there must be low-quality versions of the things floating around the internet, but I'm not going to waste precious hours of net-time downloaing huge files when I could just put the thing on my list of Things To Buy In A Couple Of Years.

Archived