Home

Will there be many different enemies?

Deadeye

I have noticed that there seem to be very few enemy characters in the game.

We have the non-imperial alien set:

Rodian

Gran

Weequay

Then there's the Imps:

Stormtrooper

officer

swamp trooper

commando

Will there be others hope?

I would like to see those sweet-looking scout troopers, and snow troopers (if weather permits). I also really hope they have more than just those three badguy aliens. I don't care which aliens, just more of them.

oops I accidentally hit post before I was done!

I liked how in MOTS they added many more characters,both enemy and friendly. It just made the game more realistic, instead of JKI where you had the Gran/Rodian levels, then the Stormtrooper/Officer levels.

I just hope there's a wide variety of NPCs to populate the game environements.

If you check the Concept Art section at the official Lucasarts JKII site, there is already a picture of a beast. Here's a direct link to the pic.

It looks pretty mean...and I'm guessing it's got some brothers and sisters to keep you busy. :)

I too am a little concerned over the number of non-Imperial enemies, though. We've fought Gran and Rodians before, and the Weequay seem to be in there as a replacement to Trandoshans. MotS did have a little more variety, and I hope JKII's range of enemies is as diverse as that.

Guest Lord Chief

That pic looks like it could be a Krayt Dragon but then again it could just bea smaller lizard. Allthough the idea of fighting a Dragon isnt so strange, both Dark Forces games so far had Kyle fighting against these ferocious predators.

I believe Ive read somewhere that Snowtroopers will appear in the game. Anybody who can confirm this or is it just a rumor?

Yeah a place like Nar Shaddaa ought to have a lot of different kinds of enemies, and in the trailer that you can download off of Lucasarts.com JK2 site, when it shows Kyle zooming in with the disruptor rifle on some alien, looks kinda like a big fat rodian.:p Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Also, don't forget Stormtrooper officer(brown shoulder pad) and imperial probe droid; I have a feeling that is not the only enemy droid there is, because of mention about fighting againts droids at the imperial prison. BTW, if you look at this older shot, maybe you could say who is that yellow/golden guy in the middle and who is this fellow? EDIT: I almost forgot that AT-ST could be considered an enemy as well... at least a transport used by the enemy(AT-ST/AT pilot) againts you in some point during the game. I also believe we might possibly run into Tie Fighter pilot at some hangar, because we see Tie Fighters dogfighting againts X-Wings...

Actually, what it says on the pick is...

"Bristols stand up in attack mode" :)

I think they actually mean bristles...because where I come from, Bristols means something else entirely. :D:rofl::D

So, there is no name for the beast. I also don't believe it is a Vornskr, and it looks a tad lean for a Kell Dragon... :)

There have been no Kraytr Dragons in the Dark Forces series. We have however seen many Kell Dragons.

Completely different animal.

I don't have links to post here, but if you'll reference that scene in ANH when C3PO and R2D2 are walking through the Tatooine desert after they land from the escape pod, you'll see they pass a huge skeleton in the sand. That's of a Kraytr Dragon.

Now compare that to the beasties we see Kyle fight in DF, JK/MotS... see the difference?

I believe it was the Shadows of the Empire comic where we saw Kell Dragons again (Jabba had some as pets).

Vornskr's are far more wolf-like than that reptilian creature in the pic. I'd vote for it being a species of Kraytr or some other animal entirely.

Guest Apparition

There will be tie fighter pilots to fight. This has already been confirmed. I think AT-ST pilots are a given too but I'd like to see more aliens. Even if just as NPC's like Ithorians and stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I expect to see Rancor beasts (rember luke fought with this one in ROTJ) an to see AT-AT enemies in Hoth levels.

Would nt it be cool if these ones are the bosses of some levels instead of fighting only dark jedis? Does anyone know if they have included these ones in the game?

I seem to remember the PCGamer UK Review saying there wasn't that much diversity in terms of skins. Frankly it has really never bothered me and I think its a point in a game over exaggerated in reviews sometimes. For MMORPGS? Yes different skins are a vital part of keeping people interested, but for a first person shooter? Well I dont want to run around killing just stormies for EVERY SINGLE LEVEL. That would get kind of boring. Diversity in models = more disk space taken and more disk space taken = more loading time. :)

Archived