Home

Would you like Kyle to have a double-bladed lightsaber?

JediArs

Would you like Kyle to have a double-bladed lightsaber?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Kyle to have a double-bladed lightsaber?

• Double-bladed saber Darth Maul style
    • Two sabers at once
    • Whatever
    • Only single saber

yes , it would be cool if you use it in MP modes, but in single player you gotta admit that heroes like luke , young obiwan carry only lightsabers and so kyle has to use the same type of saber.

Double-bladed lightsaber is more cool if used by bad guys (sith lords) in the story.

That and, based on my observations through the movies the double bladed saber is an aggressive weapon. The Sith use aggressive weapons, so seeing a Jedi use a double bladed saber would be an oxymoron to the Jedi's values and commitments and vows.

Or, even worse, a double bladed saber BAT!!!!!!! :eek:

In Episode I Darth Maul used a double-bladed saber which he used on the 2 JEDI's...supposingly the double-bladed saber is way more powerful than single-bladed saber, if one knows how to use it...

How come all the sudden Episode IV, V, VI has no double-bladed lightsaber, but just the single-bladed one? Was it banned? :confuse:

Remember...Kyle is just another guy with "A" lightsaber and a few questions....plus double-bladed or double sabers on him would really look weird..he fits best with his Bryar Pistol :)

I'm sure I read somewhere that JO won't have a double bladed. I can't really say for sure if I care tho. As i'm sure it would unbalance the game in multiplayer and in single it would just be rather stupid. We've never seen a Jedi use a double bladed saber... and i'm guessing Kyle doesn't have the training for one, plus it just doesn't "fit" him.

As for multiplayer, maybe it'd be good for an alternate game mode via mod. Kinda like the duel mode, only it's 2 Jedi using lightsabers vs a sith using the staff. I'd play it :p. In other matches it would be unbalanced though, seeing how it has two ends and all. I'm sure it'd end up like SBX and everyone would be running around with sithsabers. :rolleyes:

Force Saber throw would become almost impossible. You would have only a split second to catch it on either side, as opposed to the singe bladed saber, where you have most of the rotation to catch it.

I imagine the throwing of it would be diffucult too :)

1. The Lightstaff was original used to be used as a traing saber for padawans.

2. There are only two Jedi/Sith that have used the Lightstaff, Maul and another.

3. The only way we could get the lightstaff to be thrown, would be to make it thrown like a Helicopter blade and having it back would be like it coming back to you straight, horizontaly. You get the gist?:confused: :confused:

I hope so

4. It would be al lot of work, but should be able to be done in MP maybe not SP.

I think that Kyle should have dual hex-blade sabers (one in each hand).

hexcuts.jpg

But seriously... it would totally "r0x0r m3 b0x0rz" to be able to pick up a second saber in MP to use (think UT and the "double enforcers").

OOoooooh yeah!

As far as it not being "Kyle's style" who cares? Put it as an option in MP. And yes, unless you put in some disadvantages, it would totally unbalance the game vs. regular sabers (this could be excellent for a class based game though). The only reason people are saying it's a bad guy's weapon is because they immediately think of Darth Maul or Exar Kun (the only ones we've seen use one thus far) who happened to be badguys.

As far as the "difficulty" of throwing or catching it, well don't worry, if you have JEDI reflexes, it's really quite simple. ; )

It may seem like a good idea but logic speaks to me.

In a game first raven will have to give you freedom with it and then restrict certain movements.

Lets say they did make a pefect system for it, then what yes in MP it will be more useful fighting to people, because the lightstaff makes you more defensive in the style.

Well if they were to include in another game it would be all right, but in outcast iit would be bad, main reason would be they would have to revamp the doublebladed saber to have an effective control sceem, and yet have users feel that they have to learn something new.

Archived