Home

Official SWGB Expansion Pack Idea Thread

mariners2001

K, someone asked for it so here it is... List all bug fixes, new units, civilizations, and anything else you can think of. For me:

BUGS:

Wookiee carbon fix

Jedi/Sith Master heroes having ability to do everything a normal one can

UNITS:

Snow troopers

Scout troopers

Emperor's guards

*AT-AT's that can shoot air units*

Jabba the Hutt

Bib Fortuna

Senator Palpatine

Ree-yees

Normal civilians

Gamorrean pigs

Admiral Ackbar

*Mandalorian w/ability to actually use jetpack*

Nien Nunb

Jacen, Anakin, Jaina Solo

IG-88

Dengar

Borsk Fey'lya

Mon Mothma

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Padme

Grown Anakin Skywalker (not Darth Vader)

Mace Windu

All other Jedi Council

Jango Fett

Slave 1

CIVS:

Vong

Mon Calamari

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest General Crespin

I do think that there should be more civs with the AoE2 engine.

Heres what I think:

The Vong

Mon Cal/Quarren

The Corellians

The Truce at Bakura aliens

The Hapans

and Jabba should have a team bcuz of his large amounts of aliens

Agree?:c3po:

Plus where is Zuckuss!?:zuckuss:

Guest Tie Guy

They should alos include Guri in the toybox units, and Prince Xizor too. They should alos include Kyp Durron, and otehr Jedi Academy untis like Kam Solusar and Dorsk 81.

For the civs, i like the Mon Cals, Hapans, and maybe the Vong.

Originally posted by General Crespin

I do think that there should be more civs with the AoE2 engine.

Heres what I think:

The Vong

Mon Cal/Quarren

The Corellians

The Truce at Bakura aliens

The Hapans

and Jabba should have a team bcuz of his large amounts of aliens

Agree?:c3po:

Plus where is Zuckuss!?:zuckuss:

Good night!!! That game would have HUGE system requirements...

You must remember that AoK had tons of civs, but only 4 sets of art and most of those sets were so similar you really couldn't tell much difference...The GB has 6 civs all with different sets of art and in most cases you can easily tell one civ from the other...with the amount your are putting forth in an X-Pac that would be 6 more civs and 6 more sets of completely different artwork which would make for much higher system requirements and that would alienate many of the potential gamers that this is geared to...

I can see one civ...in fact maybe to civs added in the X-Pac but not 6...sorry if anything in that post sounded rude. But it really would make for a bad move on Lucasarts part...

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by darthfergie

Good night!!! That game would have HUGE system requirements...

Not to mention that it would be just like making anotehr game entirely, rather than an x-pac. I can't imagine LEC putting more than 3 in, IF they make one at all, which i hope they do.

I also hope they add new units to the existing civs as regular units, not just toybox units.

OKAY X-PAC IDEA RIGHT HERE!!!

Officers!!!

They would be kind of like Fambaas...they would improve a unit's attacking power within a certain radius...it would give them say...1/3+ more power and it would build up to the max after a certain amount of being under the officer's influence...

Imagine it another totally unique feature the game could have...man if only I was on the design team for the X-Pac...

Guest General Crespin

I didnt mean they should put ALL of them in just throwin out possiblitys

I DO think they should add 2 Evil teams and one Good to make that aspect more even

The Vong should be in this game for sure. They are playing a very important part in the Star Wars universe right now and are maybe the most unique team left out of the game right now.

The Hutts should be in the game because they have such diversity in their underlings and would make an interesting civ.

The Hapans should be added bcuz they are the only good civ really untouched in the game. They are very unique and interesting.

Add thoughts plz

Guest General Crespin

Hmmm the Sith wouldnt work well I dont think bcuz they arnt very unique. The Old Republic mite work BUT they would be outdated.

I think the safest bets for LucasArts would still be the Vong and the Hapans. THe Hutts I think will be included bcuz there is quite a clamoring for them akin to the clamoring for Wooks. Plus a lot of important races are left untapped and most could go into the Hutts.

I would love to see a team of Smugglers/Pirates wouldnt that just rock. You could use good ol chop job ships and everything. But that probably wont happen unless they do more than one XP. (possibility)

The Mon Cal could work I think but their problem is what unique stuff would they have? Theyd be a Gungan ripoff almost.

The only new groups you will see are ones who are very unique to the ones available right now. The Ssruk from Truce at Bakura could be an awesome civ too. And someone said b4 the Chiss would be unique also.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by General Crespin

The Mon Cal could work I think but their problem is what unique stuff would they have? Theyd be a Gungan ripoff almost.

The only new groups you will see are ones who are very unique to the ones available right now. The Ssruk from Truce at Bakura could be an awesome civ too. And someone said b4 the Chiss would be unique also.

In "The Truce at Bakura", it says that the Ssi-Ruuk stun there victims with a poison they release from the sky and then go and pick them up. So, that means they have almost no ground forces, so they wouldn't work at all.

The Mon Cals would be unique, because their campaign would take place before they joined the Rebellion. The final mission would be the battle of Mon Calamari, and they joined the rebels as a result of that battle.

Guest General Crespin

They would have weaker ground forces but LucasArts pretty much thought up most of the units in the gae anyway so they could fill in the other stuff. They would have extremely low priced starships though and you could mass produce them.

The Mon Cal would be especially strong against air but wouldnt they suffer in ground troops too?

The Hapans seem like a balance between the two

in fact I think since there is obviously so much demand for them that the Vong are almost certain to be in the X-Pac...

Where is this demand? Most people who buy this game will not know about these book-only civilizations. Lucasarts targets a broad audience here ... that means recognizable factions. (rebel, imperial, etc) I would say the chance of inclusion for the Vong is zero.

Guest General Crespin
Where is this demand? Most people who buy this game will not know about these book-only civilizations. Lucasarts targets a broad audience here ... that means recognizable factions. (rebel, imperial, etc) I would say the chance of inclusion for the Vong is zero.

Umm thats just stupid. What better way to make people buy the books then add an interesting race of aliens who are main characters in the Star Wars universe right now. Also its an XP so only people who've bought the game will be buying the XP. Will it matter if they know about them when they buy it?

It would actually be smart marketing to expose the Vong more

Ok, I'll do a summary of what I've liked everyone has said, and my own ideas:

BUGS:

Wookiee carbon fix

GRAPHICS:

Shield's look as in trailer

TERRAIN:

Orange Clouds, as in Bespin

EDITOR UNITS:

Snow troopers

Scout troopers

Emperor's guards

Jabba the Hutt

Bib Fortuna

Senator Palpatine

Admiral Ackbar

Nien Nunb

Jacen, Anakin, Jaina Solo

IG-88

Dengar

Borsk Fey'lya

Mon Mothma

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Padme

Grown Anakin Skywalker (not Darth Vader)

Mace Windu

Jango Fett

Slave 1

Yoda with Lightsaber

Yoda Episode 1

Dash Rendar

Guri

Xizor

The Outrider

Captain Pallaeon

Jorus C'Baoth

IN-GAME UNITS

Another line of starships (other kind of fighters) B- Wings, A-Wings or E-Wings are a choice

RACES:

Mon Calamari and ???

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty

RACES:

Mon Calamari and ???

The Chiss or Hapns seem like the best fit. Both have all four Categories covered, although each would need some.....inovations.

I'd say the Chiss, Hapans, Independant Forces and Vong would be most unique. Any aliens could just be thrown in lot with the Rebellion, while the above four have actual -seperate- militaries. The Mon cals don't really have a standing army of thier own, they throw in thier lot with the New Republic. It's like Montana doesn't have it's own army, it uses the US army.

While the independant factions are not a "side" persay, it would simply be cool to have control of pirates, uglies, and swoop jocks. I mean, they went and made a "wookie" faction that should have just been stuck in with the rebels....

I also would personally enjoy seeing the Corporate Espos (WEGSWRPG), but that isn't likely. Really, if it's going to be another faction in the movie, and if there is indeed an X-pack

( Face it, the chances are -LOW-) I'm betting it would be the Mandalorian warlords from Episode II. Maybe one of the factions in the clone wars. If indeed the X-pack does come after the movies. ( Or in time for them)

Bugs are likely to be fixed in a patch or something. However, if it's possible within the engine....They should MAKE AIRCRAFT STRAFE!!!! Yeesh. I hate the hoveringness of those things...

Archived