Home

Official SWGB Expansion Pack Idea Thread

mariners2001

Originally posted by TarlSS

I'd say the Chiss, Hapans, Independant Forces and Vong would be most unique. Any aliens could just be thrown in lot with the Rebellion, while the above four have actual -seperate- militaries. The Mon cals don't really have a standing army of thier own, they throw in thier lot with the New Republic. It's like Montana doesn't have it's own army, it uses the US army.

While the independant factions are not a "side" persay, it would simply be cool to have control of pirates, uglies, and swoop jocks. I mean, they went and made a "wookie" faction that should have just been stuck in with the rebels....

I also would personally enjoy seeing the Corporate Espos (WEGSWRPG), but that isn't likely. Really, if it's going to be another faction in the movie, and if there is indeed an X-pack

( Face it, the chances are -LOW-) I'm betting it would be the Mandalorian warlords from Episode II. Maybe one of the factions in the clone wars. If indeed the X-pack does come after the movies. ( Or in time for them)

Bugs are likely to be fixed in a patch or something. However, if it's possible within the engine....They should MAKE AIRCRAFT STRAFE!!!! Yeesh. I hate the hoveringness of those things...

Mon Cal would work, they were strong by themselves before they joined the rebellion, after the Battle of Mon Calamari

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by TarlSS

I'd say the Chiss, Hapans, Independant Forces and Vong would be most unique. Any aliens could just be thrown in lot with the Rebellion, while the above four have actual -seperate- militaries. The Mon cals don't really have a standing army of thier own, they throw in thier lot with the New Republic. It's like Montana doesn't have it's own army, it uses the US army.

Ok, i've said this a million times, but i'll say it again:

The Mon Cals campaign would take place before they joined the Rebellion, so they wouldn't, and couldn't be thrown in with the Rebels. Also, its not eaxactly like you see Mon Cal troops or ships in the game on the Rebels side, so there is no reason to think they coudn't be a civ in their own right.

And, if you look at the game, 3 of the 6 civ's mech were completely "made up", and were not seen in the movies. The civs are the Rebels, Gungans, and Wookies. and its not like they have no troops at all, all they need are Mon Cals with blasters.

i like the hapes and mon cals. the mon cals could be another water civ with weak trops an mechs and the hapans could be an all around ci like the rebels.

Guest Bifficvs

as for the movie vs. EU thing....the wookiees were made up....the only wookiee in any of the movies was chewie(I'm not counting the senators from ep I), so throwing in EU is ok so long as it's somewhat relatable to the main SW movie universe. So the Mon Cal or Hutts might work, but I would like something with more structure, and that might have more chance of being recongnizable than the Vong, I don't think they should MAKE you buy the books to know what civ you're using. They could use Black Sun, I think they could have a good solid structure to build off of, but that might fall into the "not known enough" category. And really, it doesn't have to be a "race" either, so Black Sun, or some other faction, might work, as the Gungans, Wookiees, and Naboo are the only races in the game. That's half. Just my thoughts.

Guest Protoss_Carrier

This is what should be in the expansion

CIVS

Mon Calamari

Unique-Crusier

Republic (old and new)

Unique-Jedi Elite (more powerful than Jedi Master)

Yuuzhan Vong

Unique-Amphistaff Troopers

Changes to existing civs

Trade Fed-Repeater Trooper, no heavy advanced mounted trooper, no advanced bomber, air units 10% cheaper

Empire-Advanced mounted trooper, no advanced fighters, air unites 10% cheaper

Rebels and wookies have a 20% attack increase against any empire units, same with empire towards rebels and wookies.

Naboo and Gungans have similar 20% attack increase against any Trade Fed, same with trade fed towards Naboo and Gungans

Unit changes

Mounted units need to have laser-tipped staffs instead of flamethrowers. I didn't see any throwers in Star Wars, did you?

Jedi and Sith have a 50% attack increase towards each other. Likewise, Jedi and Sith have a 50% decrease in attack if fighting one another (aka, Jedi vs. Jedi)

Air units need to move!!! It sucks they stay in one spot while attacking. Also, they should be allowed to be garrisoned in fortresses and airbases anytime.

When can we expect the Homeworld-based Star Wars strategy game?

Originally posted by Protoss_Carrier

This is what should be in the expansion

CIVS

Mon Calamari

Unique-Crusier

Changes to existing civs

Empire-Advanced mounted trooper, no advanced fighters, air unites 10% cheaper

And drop the Tie Defender?! ROFL!!! :D that's hilarious!!!

Rebels and wookies have a 20% attack increase against any empire units, same with empire towards rebels and wookies.

Naboo and Gungans have similar 20% attack increase against any Trade Fed, same with trade fed towards Naboo and Gungans

Unit changes

Mounted units need to have laser-tipped staffs instead of flamethrowers. I didn't see any throwers in Star Wars, did you?

Jedi and Sith have a 50% attack increase towards each other. Likewise, Jedi and Sith have a 50% decrease in attack if fighting one another (aka, Jedi vs. Jedi)

Don't like all that stuff of yours about extra attack

Air units need to move!!! It sucks they stay in one spot while attacking. Also, they should be allowed to be garrisoned in fortresses and airbases anytime.

They look good.

Guest kyrosmagi

i would love to see how they include the vong's jedi into this.... lol. the only thing i would like to see about them bing in the xpack is their units pics. i wanna no what they really would look like, coral skippers would be fun fun

Guest Crazy_dogreturn

And as our story goes on, young Dog must again face flaming and nasty pm-ing to spoil the fun for everyone else. :D

Vong- OK, you could do a Vong civ quite well, just doen't make them too unique.

Ep.2 civs (Geonosians and Kaminosians)- Well, all the civs so far are from the movis, why not this one.

Old Repeblic- Talk about stupid. I mean it's like when someone previosly said, Montana doesn't have it's own army, it uses the US army. I'm talking about the Naboo here

New Republic- Heck, same as above, only with Rebels replacing the Naboo.

Mon Cals- The rebel trade unit is a Mon Cal, as far as I now.

Chiss- Thrawn. Humf. He is an Imperial officer, so he must be part of the Empire.

:rolleyes:

Truce at Bakura aliens- This is for an audience, most of which have NOT read the books.

Guest WC_heavyarms

Ya, I think so about the calamari's.

And fergie, I looked at the officers thing, and there is one little change to it: instead of being like a fambaa, have them the ability to obey your orders better in their range, so they attack units instead of farms or limit what they attack.

They should make an Ep 2 expansion ...

And plz don't let AT-ATs shoot at air units !!!I don't know what you think, but I wouldn't want to play a game with a in fact almost unbeatable unit ....

And why should more art increase the system req ??

They simply take up more room (cd, hdd).....

Guest Atredis_

I was wondering, does anyone else have a problem with the scenario editor?

Don't get me wrong here, I love the fact that the game developers thought enough ahead to include one, but what they did give us was a little disappointing. When I first opened up the editor, it looked all shiny and new; I was excited. Then I got below the surface...

I'm a big fan of the Star Wars Novel series, so I decided to make a campaign based on the X-Wing series. That's when I found out that you can't make your own heroes. You can't edit unit stats, and you also can't edit EXISTING hero stats. So I was screwed, there is no Rebel X-Wing hero I can change the name of, and the actual unit is far too weak to be of use in a scenario.

So then I just wanted to make a space station, something that looked cool. But I realized then that they don't have different tilesets for each map type, a la Starcraft or other decent map editors. It was just one big take it or leave it tileset. This big tileset is quite lacking in terrain objects for all types of terrain.

Now, I won't turn this into a big long rant, because I know 28.5% of the people who voted like the map editor best of all in this game. Either they had a very low opinion of the game itself or I missed something in my brush with mediocrity I like to call the Scenario Editor.

-Atredis

Atreides

can't edit unit stats
Try using the "Change Object Name/HP/Attack" Triggers ... those will do what you want.

they don't have different tilesets for each map type

Check the Terrain button. You can have 15+ terrain types on one map.

Expansion pack ideas:

* Different astromech droid for typical resource

like R5 units voor ore (example)

* R2's are able to repair Airunits (R2 are air fighter/ship repair droids)

* Another Idea is the Jawa Community?? with Jawa Sandcrawlers who are stealing droids from the players so they can sell them to local farmers ;)

* What I miss is the Dish Cannon's which where used during the battle of HOTH by the rebels.

* Landspeeders (tatooine).

* Bandits, like the Swoop Gang from Shadows of the Empire ( just attacking bases and facilities and stealing resources

Whattaya Say ;):deathstar

Well as a Chiss I would say the civilization of Chiss should be included but not much is known about them except they have extraditory tactical and stragey minds. Grand Admiral Thrawn was just one of them. However I dont see how they would fit in the game, so i dont think they need to be in it.

Now for the Yuuzhan Vong yes because they are after the Rebel and Imperial War. They are an excellent way to continue the game. Their Technolgy is orginal because they use organic weapons almost like the gungans but gungans dont purely use organic weapons like the Vong. So the Vong should be included.

For the Hapan they shouldn't be included because the only thing we know about them is their Hapan Battle Dragon Ships. Which is a saucer ship and would not impress me. So that why we should not have them.

For the Mon Cal, They are part of the rebel alliance and their technolgy will be the same as the rebel alliances. I do known that the mon cal have watery structures but we dont use water a lot do we? The shipyard is just something to play with if there is a large body of water. So they should not be included but I DO LOVE THEIR STAR CRUISERS!!!

The problem with the game is that the jedi should be able to do more. The jedi are more resourceful than the rest of the army so make them do more stuff. Like for instance they have jedi enchanced speed, they can create protection spheres, use the forces as a weapon beside the saber, and they should also be able to scarfice themself to create a huge explosion that will hurt many. Several have done this before. Also the jedi cost of nova could be lower because there is not an unlimited supplies of nova like the carbon.

The wookie carbon things is not a bug but it is a natural advatage for them because they live on a forest world and naturally they know a few thing about trees.

Well that is all for now. I am finishing in downing other people idea's and boosting several other idea's.

Guest Croid Cog

stuff I'd Like to see:

Jedi/Sith and Bounty Hunters with diversity (See 'Question about Jedi' thread)

more air units (awing, bwing)

Civs: Mon Cal

they would be quite different from gungans. Unique unit? I remember reading something about elite Mon Cal Commandos with powered armor suits that worked underwater and on land. Might be similar to a toned-down Tanya.

Maybe Smuggler's Alliance

Unique? a smuggler, of course. a trade air unit with stealth and weapons, so you can leech the money from friend and enemy alike!

incomplete.. will finish later

Guest SlashAndBurn

I havent had a chance to play the full game yet so I cannt comment on a majority of the game play. I would like more civilizations though....

Ssi-Ruk (sp? From "Truce At Bakura")

Uhzung Vong (From the "New Jedi Order" serries)

Hutts/Black Sun (as one Civ, spliting them up would make two civs that were essentialy the same)

Corelians

Hapens (Courtship of Pincess Leia)

Mon Cal

Old Republic

New Republic (In the books there are a lot of new vehicles, dont know if they're represented in the game)

Sith (Tales of the Jedi comic)

Republic (Tales of the Jedi Comic)

Empress Teta (Tales of the Jedi Comic)

Guest ReaperFett

Id like more units for diversity. Means you have more choice in your own missions, both for known characters and your own (editing the name)

Rebel Pilots in a few coloured suits, Jedi, things like that

*scowls at Grand Admiral*

Well, I think the Chiss would be cool! We didn't know ANYTHING about the Wookiees!!! It's the same deal with the Chiss! And if you read Vision of the Future, there's ALOT of Chiss technology in there! They definately had more that the Wookiees did, so I don't see what the problem is. . .

You will allow my people to play too. :thrawn2:

Originally posted by AoErat

Atreides

Check the Terrain button. You can have 15+ terrain types on one map.

So you can change units' names and stats? Cool.

As I said I'd like an orange cloud tileset.

BTW; about Episode 2 civs, I'd like to see a classic race for every prequel race they add, it wouldn't be that cool to have 5 prequel ones against 3 original ones, I'd say the best option is to add Geonosians/Kaminoans and Mon Cal.

Now if they are nice, Geonosians, Kaminoans, Mon Calamari :mon: and another from the Classic trilogy. (Playable Trandoshans?) :bossk:

Guest Croid Cog

1. I missspelled my name! anybody know how to change Croid Cog to DroideCog?

2. more ideas...

can't remember. will post later.

Archived