Home

Daily Zen Hip-hop Jamboree

Zoom Rabbit

Originally posted by Assassin

I really don't see how the actions of the preformers could affect the image of the music as a whole

um............how else do you get the image of that music style?

...thats like seeing muslim extremists and damning the entire religion.

That isn't happening??? :confused:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rebel Loyaltist

So if a dictionary put punk rock as yelling and pissing in the corwd they're right? Go ask people who actually listen and preform not some other source.

yeah they would be right actually, dictionaries are put together by people much smarter than YOU could ever hope to be, thats why everyone uses them, they are always right...............

plus, I hate punk rock, its ****ing tarnish on the good name of rock and roll. People who listen and perform are fans and artists, making them opininated and alredy pro-whatever, so thats not a viable option now is it. Neutral 3rd parties are the way yo go, like Merriam-Webster

---------------------------------------------

quote:

2 a : a rhythmic chanting often in unison of usually rhymed couplets to a musical accompaniment b : a piece so performed

How is this NOT music?

Well, have you ever seen So I married an axe murderer?

What Mike Myers does in that is poetry, nd it has a musical accompaniment, but that doesn't make it music.

Originally posted by Zargon

yeah they would be right actually, dictionaries are put together by people much smarter than YOU could ever hope to be, thats why everyone uses them, they are always right...............

plus, I hate punk rock, its ****ing tarnish on the good name of rock and roll. People who listen and perform are fans and artists, making them opininated and alredy pro-whatever, so thats not a viable option now is it. Neutral 3rd parties are the way yo go, like Merriam-Webster

quote:

How is this NOT music?

Well, have you ever seen So I married an axe murderer?

What Mike Myers does in that is poetry, nd it has a musical accompaniment, but that doesn't make it music.

Dictionaries aren't always right you know, there are areas in them. But since we're in to dicitionary defintions then lets go to a source.

rap4 Pronunciation Key (rp)

n.

Slang. A talk, conversation, or discussion.

a. A form of popular MUSIC developed especially in African-American urban communities and characterized by spoken or chanted rhyming lyrics with a syncopated, repetitive rhythmic accompaniment.

b. A composition or performance of such MUSIC.

intr.v. rapped, rap·ping, raps

1 Slang. To discuss freely and at length.

2 To perform rap MUSIC.

mu·sic Pronunciation Key (myzk)

n.

The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.

Vocal or instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.

A musical composition.

The written or printed score for such a composition.

Such scores considered as a group: We keep our music in a stack near the piano.

A musical accompaniment.

A particular category or kind of music.

An aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound or combination of sounds: the music of the wind in the pines.

Well lets see, rap has musicial accompainment and rhytm. All the things listed here are found in rap music. I can make a country song with the sound of the keys typing now. Would it be music? Yes it would.

Know I could say country isn't music and is stupid because they all discuss they same thing in every song. (which they don't) Does that mean it's not music? No because it has fits it's defintion. So it would be music. Rap is music bottom line. If you like it or not is up. But when you say all rap is bad and all the same then you'd be wrong.

Note: I'll listen to any type of music. In fact there isn't one music genre were I don't like atleast one song. I open myself to music. Even Christian Rock Yoddling Pop Rap songs. :D

Archived