Home

Daily Zen Hip-hop Jamboree

Zoom Rabbit

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't go there if I were you...I saw stainless steel swords being offered as 'functional.' :rolleyes:

Try 'Paul Chen Practical Katanas.' They're pricier, but have a better reputation. A good rule of thumb for modern swords is the less you pay, the less you get...

Enough sword talk. More nonsense.

'Yeah, that's right. I can hook you up--anything you want, man. I got Billy-Bob his weekly pound of jamaican grass his whole two terms...heck, I supplied them all. Jack and Jackie were the first. All the cross-tops I got them made dinner at the White House more like bowling with Elvis. Speaking of the king, that's a whole other chapter. LBJ and Dick were both acid men--loved nothing more than turning off the lights and freaking in the darkness. Jerry was into ketamine and downers...that dude wasn't clumsy; he was ripped. Jimmy the peanut farmer was the only one who didn't want anything. I nearly starved the whole four years. Even Ronnie and Nancy liked their occasional sack of mushrooms when they played ouija with the astrologer. Your daddy? Brandy and bennies, all the way. So what do you want? Some snow? A little nose candy...or maybe a little crank? Then you'll be wanting the heroin so you can slow down enough for Air Force One to catch up with you...'

:) So now we know.

Whoa! 'Lucky, lucky' was some bizarre shee-ya-it... :eek:

Stinky clowns? Qui-Gon the rock star? I must say, though, that I too am afraid that Mr. T is after my blood... :D I'll check out the other one after I stuff my brain back into my ear.

Everyone say, 'all hail Chef Rasta!' Then throw spaghetti at the teevee to see if it's done. (Rasta got a new job--smile, everyone.) :)

'No, no, put down the stun gun, you crazy american pilot. We are not terrorists--we're time travelers from two hundred years in your future, and we have come to stop a dangerous alien from changing history. Don't you watch Star Trek? Ah, good. He is very cleverly disguised as a human, and we have no way of telling which passenger it is. We must therefore take control of your primitive aeroplane and rendezvous with our timeship, which is parked in New York City, where we can use our fancy scanning devices to isolate him. Don't worry about the pocketknives--they're for your protection.'

:assult: Wally the space dolphin wants to know what the back of an object with only one side looks like.

using hyperadvanced technology from the parallel universe not unlike our own that I came from, I was able to create this computer simulation of a one sided object.

On the left we see the front of the one sided object. If you will observe the axis indicators in the lower left hand corners of each viewport, you will note that on the right is the back of the said object.

oneside.gif

amazing.

smartass++

Nice try...but the object I'm seeing has five sides. Four edges, and a fifth implied by the contained area extrapolated into three dimensions.

:) Also, the universe you're from is 'not AT ALL like our own.' I doubt they even have geometry there.

Hmm. :confused: Yeah, right. So you're saying that since your object is actually a two-dimensional one, edges don't count as sides?

If you take a three-dimensional object with sides, like a simple cube, and cut two dimensional slices out of it...the edges of the resulting shape are congruent with the sides of the original cube, no? ;)

I'm afraid that if you want to figure this riddle out, you're going to have to conceptualize your dimensions more upwardly, not down.

Smart ass+++ :p

Due to current shortages in the toilet paper supply, *e are asking all staff members *ithout access to the executive bathroom to please use the Grant outhouse behind the rose garden. *e *ould also encourage staff members to check the lightbulbs in their offices before putting in nighttime hours, as *e still have not determined ho* many *ere booby-trapped. *hite House security is *orking *ith the Secret Service to check every chair in storage for *hoopee cushions; *e don't *ant a repeat of last night's press conference on national television. Please also be advised to ans*er any questions from FBI officials regarding the missing * keys, as *e still have not found them, and ne* keyboards are not projected in this quarter's budget.

Okay, okay. An object *ith only one side is a sphere. :D

There is, of course, no back side, since the one side goes all the *ay around. :rolleyes: You can find the opposite of the sphere's *holeness by taking it back in time to before it *as created, so there is an ans*er (of sorts) in four dimensions.

:) Fun *ith math...

I do, too, when it's beer night. I guess that means I'm more like Kylilin when I drink... :D

Attention: as of this date, the 'Daily zen hip-hop jamboree' has the most views on the current threads page for the XWA community center. With only three pages. :) Apparently, we have a lot of LURKERS.

:assult: Wally the space dolphin thinks that nine out of ten human beings prefer methadone to being whonked on the head with a beer bottle, which not only skews the six-to-four results he had predicted before his poll but brings up the alarming notion that six hundred million people are needlessly giving themselves concussions rather than seeking professional treatment at a methadone clinic.

...And some zen. 'When is a horse not a horse?'

And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack

And you may find yourself in another part of the world

And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile

And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful

wife

And you may ask yourself-Well...How did I get here?

Letting the days go by/let the water hold me down

Letting the days go by/water flowing underground

Into the blue again/after the money's gone

Once in a lifetime/water flowing underground.

And you may ask yourself

How do I work this?

And you may ask yourself

Where is that large automobile?

And you may tell yourself

This is not my beautiful house!

This is not my beautiful wife!

Water dissolving...and water removing

There is water at the bottom of the ocean

Carry the water at the bottom of the ocean

Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!

Into the blue again/in the silent water

Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.

And you may ask yourself

What is that beautiful house?

And you may ask yourself

Where does that highway go?

And you may ask yourself

Am I right?...Am I wrong?

MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Into the blue again/in the silent water

Under the rocks and stones/there is water underground.

'...Look where my hand was!'

Talking Heads--one of my favorite songs, too. :D 'Once in a lifetime.'

My response to the zen? Well, a horse is a horse, of course, of course... :rolleyes: I'd have to say that he's not a horse when he's a pony. Also, he's not really being very horsey when he's in dog food.

When the still sea conspires an armor

And her sullen and arborted currents breed tiny monsters

True sailing is dead!

Awkward instant, and the first animal is jettisoned

Legs furiously pumping their stiff green gallop

And heads bob up

Poise

Delicate

Pause

Consent

In mute nostril agony

Carefully refined and sealed over...