Home

The Associates

Gaalgoth

Then I'll start by doing the same thing without the Jedi powers to back me up. Not to mention, acting like a Jedi before actually being one provides an RP reason why I'd become one in the first place, no?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players will have access to public transports that will shuttle them between planets. For a given leg of interplanetary travel, the answer is between 3 and 5 minutes or so. Of course, some trips take multiple legs. For intra-planetary travel, if a planet has more than one spaceport, it's a minute or less. As far as what to do, we hope to have mini-games drawn from the continuity that you can play while en route.

Quote from the FAQ.

So if they use a server=planet system, it will be hard, since a lot of players prolly 'll travel from one planet to another at the same time.

Originally posted by BenSkywalker

Hey Gaalgoth, what did you think about the idea of a jedi council on the other topic that I started about a city, would it not be a good idea for this place? Just think of the benefits.......

What benefits could that possibly be? Do you really consider having the Empire bombard your city into oblivion from orbit a benefit?

I already mentioned this on the other thread you started, but since you asked here too... I'm sorry, but the Jedi are in hiding. They can't train anybody that hasn't already become force sensitive. What could it possible do for us but cause trouble?

I'm afraid that Mike is right......they would do more harm then good. Maybe eventually (after the game has been out for a long time) that would be useful, but as for now a few jedi won't provide much of a benefit. The way the game works is that the Empire and bounty hunters are constantly hunting down jedi. It wouldn't be good to have them there...they'd be found.

Well, for a proclaimed rebel town, it could be an advantage, since the empire would bombard you anyway if they found you.

However, since not all in this PA are proclaimed rebels (aight?), a jedi sanctuary would put us in an awkward position.

Originally posted by MikeC

What benefits could that possibly be? Do you really consider having the Empire bombard your city into oblivion from orbit a benefit?

I already mentioned this on the other thread you started, but since you asked here too... I'm sorry, but the Jedi are in hiding. They can't train anybody that hasn't already become force sensitive. What could it possible do for us but cause trouble?

What difference will it make, if and when the Empire discover all these rebel cities, surely they will take us over? I dont wish to sound pessimistic, but I believe this will be the case with alot of these towns, although they willhave to be defended to the best of our ability. As I posted in the other topic, yeh, maybe not now, at least not completely in the open, but in the future, when the empire has fallen, (depending on how fast this timeline will run), a jedi council would be an excellent facility to have

Time stands still. The empire will not fall. And we are most likely going to be a neutral town because limiting peoples' faction decisions would be bad....we're not here to limit people, we're here to have fun and have friends. Having a group of soldiers, automated defenses and bounty hunters like me to back up the town should be effective enough against an attack. Think about it, the jedi aren't going to be like they are in games.....it's much easier to kill htme than in the story line because the actual players are not in touch with the force. A jedi acadamy is not a good idea.

WHOA DUDE! STOP RIGHT THERE!!!!

Who in the *&$% said anything about being a Rebel city?

You're missing something on the timeline. The game is in the period between ANH and ESB. It stays entirely in that timeline. The Empire WILL NOT FALL IN THE GAME.

Mike's mom, "Oh my, Mikey, you come here you need to have your mouth washed out now!!!"

Oh yeah, Gaalgoth, why are you going to stay neutral? Come on, the Alliance needs us. (Why did I just say "us"? I'm not an Associate!) They need our services and provisions! (Here I go again)!

Oh yeah, Gaal, I hope you got the hint up there... ;)

I'm not necesarily going to stay neutral, but the town is. Why, you ask? Because this is a group effort and not everyone is going to want to be the same faction. This could cause some problems, but it's the way it has to be unless we can work something out. As for now, the town remaining neutral is the best possible choice.

I am hoping most of us get into the beta so we can get the game ironed out for launch. I have been reading all about how the towns are supposed to work. I don't want to spend a lot of time to discuss them till I get into the game or see the actual facs.

I hope to see you all in game.

Blarg, you never replied. You'll need a mediator of disputes and such, I figure I can do that to start, and if I become a Jedi later and you don't want to take sides, I'll leave, but I can at least be in for now, as I don't see you with any police or mediators yet.

Where to start....

I thought by putting explorer down I'd remain a little bit unique from all the BH and jedi ;). Ah well, you're always welcome to come exploring with myself and the Flufferation, Arallu.

Theres not much to say about the Jedi council/Association thing. It's just a stupid idea and thats that. Listen to the people on the board that have been studying SWG for ages and in depth.

You can't show other people how to become Jedi and therefore build a huge secret jedi army. It doesnt work that way so just put that bit outta your mind. I assume to become a Jedi you will be sent all over the galaxy fulfilling missions and quests, not sitting around in some training facility. Whether or not it will attract imperial entanglements(hehe) is beside the point. It's just not feasible.

As far as I understand, the Associates are neutral and so they should stay. I'm actually not in favor of an Associates town. We're supposed to be a network of people from this forum who work separately but help each other out regardless of our factions.

Maybe we should have a string of clandestine meeting places on diferent planets. Like a cantina on Tatooine operating as an Association meeting point or a shop on Naboo. Maybe with secret something or other when you enter so other members know you're one of us.

If i've been thinking wrong, set me straight.

yeah ok.. but an associate town can be good.. it can be a trading ground for all of us and a save haven for us.. cause when we get attacked we have eachother to cover our backs.

well the job or term Trader isnt in the job subscription yet.. so ill be a smuggler... i will trade things with anyone... rebels, hutts, empire.... as long as i get paid.. :D

Well, since you are supposed to be able to pay NPC's to tend to your stores and shops, I bet the town will be able to hire NPC's to guard the gates. Oh, and Tallairn, wanna be a peacekeeper? I am planning to be something likewise. Partners? ;)

Oooh, and then we could have our own station. With a little jail, to put troublesome people in! :D

Archived