Home

The Associates

Gaalgoth

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GAVOR: not once did I suggest that the purpose of an academy would be to train hundreds of "secret jedi", any fool who has read about this game for two minutes would know that is impossible, let alone me....

Secondly, we have already reached the conclusion that this wouldnt be a good idea at this time, you are just repeating what many people have said already

I did not suggest that it was possible to tell people exactly how to become jedi either, what I suggested was that those with experience would be able guide those who had just discovered force sensitivity, and possibly help speed up their training from there on in, giving them some help. It is an idea which would work, were it not for the Imperial factor.

The last thing that anyone in this game would want would be hundreds of "secret jedi" running around, least of all me, it would make the jedi far less special characters, and would ruin the game, making it totally unrealistic for the Star Wars universe, I never said that would be a good idea.

Originally posted by DudEhead

I use MSN... ICQ sucks :fett: prolly got answer to it already but what the hey :p

No offence, but my experience in the matter is that people who can't even change themes for windows use MSN, while the rest use ICQ. Or rather, mICQ or some other client. But then, I guess most of you are gamers, not programmers ;)

setsuko, youre a programmer?

id like to get into some of that so if you could give a newbie a little direction id really appreciate it.

i know this is off topic so if you do have some tips for me, please make a new thread called pointers in the off topic area.

that would really help me out...

I'm not a programmer. But since I tend to hang out with programmers a lot, I've catched up a few things here and there. I mean, when you're surrounded with 5 people talking about compiling kernels for an hour or two, it's either learn, or fall asleep :p

I don't want to be a 'cop'. But well, since we are aiming at Corellia right now, how about some local Corsec forces? That would also be a nice excuse for peacekeepers who is not in town all the time (i.e. logged out, exploring etc):

"hey, wheres the damn Corsec when you need them? Propably out on some routine checkup back at the farms at the Urtiel plain again, *grumblegrumbel*"

Greetings. I'am Kyren Valinor and I enjoy this idea of the Associiates PA. I love it. I want to be apart of this community. Gaalgoth, What do you need in this PA and I will try to become it. If need be, I can become a smuggler/pilot/shopowner, but if that is already taken, I can become something else. Thanks in advance.

~K~ :)

Hi Ben,

Sorry you're getting all riled up about this, but I think I had a valid point since you said:

Anoter thing which I think would be wise to include would be a jedi facility, one where people can learn and train to become a jedi (once the rest of us find out how)

I assumed you were saying that once one person had become a Jedi, that person could show lots of other people in some sort of academy. Any sort of academy is the wrong idea from my point of view and should be strongly discouraged by the devs. If there were some Jedi academy being run, why wouldn't Obi won send Luke there?

The last thing that anyone in this game would want would be hundreds of "secret jedi" running around, least of all me, it would make the jedi far less special characters, and would ruin the game, making it totally unrealistic for the Star Wars universe, I never said that would be a good idea.

Glad you agree. I think the less Jedi the better.

Thanks for listening.

Originally posted by Talain

Yes, that's a very good idea. Perfect for our purposes as well. Yes, Corsec agents will do nicely......

*insert maniacal laughter*

oh my good lord of the Sith.. we have a Doctor evil in our midst :D MUHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA

I see I am listed as a miner I am going to be an explorer to start off with and go from there. Buying selling information any information is what I am gonna do and my race will be Bothan. I read up a bit more on Bothan and have to change my name to fit with the Bothan way.

Arallu Bok'atur

Having as many traders and smugglers as we have is a good thing, since it lets use sell the products from our manufacturers to the outside rather than having to wait for people to come in. I figure I might help with trade a little bit, maybe just work as a mule tranferring goods from our home city to one of our facilities on another planet to supplement my security duty.

Gotta be helpful to the Association!

Archived