Home

Forget Portman

NewBJedi

Originally posted by NewBJedi

I've had rich girl friends (parents in the upper millionaire category), I've seen it before.

what i find disturbing is that u use the past tense when u talk about ur millionnaire family girl friend! :D j/k! im not really that shallow!.....well....maybe a little!!

Divine Spirit

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Divine Spirit

what i find disturbing is that u use the past tense when u talk about ur millionnaire family girl friend! :D j/k! im not really that shallow!.....well....maybe a little!!

Divine Spirit

I like to be extremely independent - one of my bad personality traits. :)

I believe the first 3 movies were great partially due to the actors being:

A. Good

B. Pretty much unknown

I even read that Portman never saw the first 3 movies before making being in the Phantom Menace.

Not very encouraging ...

• 3 weeks later...

Natalie cant act!?!?!?.....Im incensed!!!!!

I have one word for you evil cussy boys...

LEON

this is a legend of a film with, I can assure all yall ass's, a damn fine display of acting by Ms Portman.

I dont think she was three bad in ATOC, but then I can quite easily point the finger at mr Christopher Lee, and state that his performance wasnt up to much really was it?

my point here being - that a world class actor may well have ended up having the vitality edited out of his performance. potentially much like Natybabes.

And I certainly believe that Hayden and Ewan got all the best lines ( well ...with the exception of the soppiest love scenes in a script ever.tm)

she's a top class chick with enormous talent...if only the script had been up to par

trust me...watch Leon...you know it makes sense

Im with bungalow there...

but I have to ask myself, am I really going to vote heartily on this, taking sides with a man named after a stunted house

and p.s danny J- hayden christiansen must have got the part because he's the half brother of the sultan of brunei

i wish all you camputer nerds would quit obsessing over actresses and just try for women that you can actually talk to and have a good time with. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!!!

Easy ma'am.

NewB--you're back??? Sweeeeeet.

Hepburn was more beautiful. It's that simple.

Natalie Portman has not done a stellar job in a movie yet. She has done decent jobs, but I have yet to see her perform amazingly.

what??? so you dont think she was amazing in leon???!!!..

I mean come on!!...she was like only 11 or something and she was stunning!!!!...

what do you want from her?...BLOOOOOD!!??

actually dont answer that vestril - I know your type

allright she does have money and connections...

but she uses the name portman only (hmm only sounds wrong...) when acting and other public stuff....

when it comes to school and stuff she uses her real name and i've heard she got very good grades...

c'mon she's gotta be smart for real if she's going to Harvard...

you can manage through highschool just by studying hard but going to a good collece requires skills for real!

well that's my humble opinion...

:saberg:

Originally posted by Blobbafett

what??? so you dont think she was amazing in leon???!!!..

I mean come on!!...she was like only 11 or something and she was stunning!!!!...

what do you want from her?...BLOOOOOD!!??

actually dont answer that vestril - I know your type

She did a competent job. That's amazing for an 11 year old, not so much for an older actress, and since that is the level of acting we continue to get, sometimes straying a little to the incompetent side, I would say that she is nothing special, in terms of acting ability.

Anna Paquin is a better actress, Neve Cambell is a better actress, there are a lot of truly gifted actresses out there, and my type doesn't give someone credit based on the fact that she's cute.

Hey vestril - Im not denying that she performed a "competent" job during either TPM or AOTC....

no real negatives, but certainly not many positives either.

what I am trying to put across here is that she can be a fantastic actress given the right film. my case in point being Leon , which I dont care anyway you slice it, she was amazing in ( not merely "competent" with her performance, or purely amazing because of her age) .

I certainly dont think she did a brilliant job on either SW film so far ( although clones was marginally better.....but only because she had better meat to her script) - but to deny her as being really talented after seeing Leon is blasphamy.

and I mean really - Anna Paquin being MORE talented??!...have you actually seen the piano?

and NEVE CAMPBELL!!?!?!.... I used to be huge fan of Party of Five- until I realised she had two modes of facial expression which she has used through out her career..

1 . gleeful and happy - a twinkle in her eye and as happy as a pig in ****, gurning a cheesy smile

and 2. shuddering on the edge of tears, constantly shifting her emotion from somewhere between the emotion as mentioned above...and imagining her pet dog boo boo has died under the wheels of Baileys drunken driving.

I certainly don't disbelieve there are better actresses out there ( Kate Winslett for one).

To suggest that your/my evaluation of her acting ability was bolstered by her being "cute" never came into it....

I wouldnt disrespect anybody like yourself with a comment like that......

and vestril - I apologise if I offended you with the "type" comment- I was merely twatting around - and suggesting that you actually DID want her blood... like a vampire talent scout or something.....I apologise on behalf of the british nation for our silly humour.....1000 apologies

Archived