1. 1. Have the mods gone bad?

• Yes, they have
    • No way!
    • I\'m not sure
    • Some have, some haven\'t

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps part of this problem comes from the fact that mods are participants in the forums as well. It's the same with police-men; they are civilians too.

Now there's no real 'behavorial code' for mods, although there are a few guidelines to editing and stuff like that, so if some things are perceived as being 'snobby', i wouldn't immediately couple that to the occupation of 'mods'.

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

yeah... no offense or anything, r9, but you always seem to be rolling your eyes at someone... you seem to have this "holier than thou" sort of attitude...

Yup, yup, yup. Niner sucks. ;)

You shut your damn piehole, Red, else I shall tear you a new one. Ha ha...gotcha!

Okay, let's all beat up on Nine, why don't we. The way I operate may seem as "holier than thou" as you put it. I'm sorry if it seems that way. I'm not out to belittle anyone. And I'm usually not snippy with anyone, except for problem posters. I'm not breaking any guidelines set in out little moderator rule book thingie, so I'm not doing anything wrong. But if you guys think I am, then so be it. You're the posters and so you decide what's what. I'm just here to enforce the forum rules, that's all.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Okay, let's all beat up on Nine, why don't we. The way I operate may seem as "holier than thou" as you put it. I'm sorry if it seems that way. I'm not out to belittle anyone. And I'm usually not snippy with anyone, except for problem posters. I'm not breaking any guidelines set in out little moderator rule book thingie, so I'm not doing anything wrong. But if you guys think I am, then so be it. You're the posters and so you decide what's what. I'm just here to enforce the forum rules, that's all.

Actually, to speak quite frankly, mods are "holier than thou," or at least should be. Thats why they are mods. Not that they are truly superior, but that they have authority and are indeed higher, or one may say "holier" than normal forrumers. You don't want police officers that are no better than criminals, you want officers who are "holier" than criminals, who keep the law themselves.

That, of course, doesn't give them the right to lord it over everyone, or act especially superior, even though they technically are while they are on the boards.

I'm not saying that you mods are doing this, as i've said earlier. Don't worry, you guys are doing a fine job.

Well, TG, I can't really agree with your suggestion that mods are "holier". They are invested with more power than average denizens of this board, that's all. They SHOULD be held to a higher standard than the other board members, as a result of that power that they have. Its reallly the same as in any other position of power.

Rhett, did I really vote for "Yes, they have"? I'm sorry if I did. I didn't mean it. "Some have, some haven't" would be my answer.

Originally posted by krkode

I agree with Tie Guy, but its disturbing that you use the word 'holier'

Better to use something like "nobler, more dedicated, more computer smarts, can control himself, better speller, wiser, etc"

now holier....naaaaaw;)

Don't forget "sexier" !

Originally posted by krkode

I agree with Tie Guy, but its disturbing that you use the word 'holier'

Better to use something like "nobler, more dedicated, more computer smarts, can control himself, better speller, wiser, etc"

now holier....naaaaaw;)

Of course you do! ;) But i didn't start the word "holier", Rommel and Hannibal did.

Hannibal, you just said that you diagree and then explained why did agree.

Of course most mods care! Why else would we spend years of our lives reading your pathetic little posts everyday and editing them?

Mods care so much that we actually enjoy talking to you maniacs!

Mods care so much you should have a MOD DAY to thank all the mods and give them lots of money for their hard volenteer work on these forums!:D

Nah...all the forumers would post thank you notes whenever we decided to post in their thread and, as mentioned above, we would be showered by offerings of money by the forumers we so valiantly protect from the evil hordes of spammers and flamers...:D

Archived