Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But when this model is done, it really needs to have sound files not only from the Star Wars movies, but also from Pulp fiction. Such as:

'Shiiiitt, Negro--that's all you had to say!"

'Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?'

'And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.' (the part towards the end where he speaks this in the dinner would fit best, IMO)

'Aw man! I will never forgive your ass for this ****. This is some ****ed up repugnant ****!'

Hey, could be fun. :)

- DT

Originally posted by Darth Torgo

But when this model is done, it really needs to have sound files not only from the Star Wars movies, but also from Pulp fiction. Such as:

'Shiiiitt, Negro--that's all you had to say!"

'Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?'

'And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.' (the part towards the end where he speaks this in the dinner would fit best, IMO)

'Aw man! I will never forgive your ass for this ****. This is some ****ed up repugnant ****!'

Hey, could be fun. :)

- DT

That's actually a good idea!

Oooh! How about replace his saber ignited noise with the instrumental (beginning) portion of the Shaft theme! I don't know about anybody else, but that music started playing in my head when I saw Mace walking down the corridor toward Dooku's Balcony in Episode 2!

You guys are kidding, right? I mean, Pulp Fiction and Shaft sounds would be great for skins/models from those movies, but this is Mace Windu we're talking about, and hearing the shaft theme when I turn on his lightsaber for a duel is going to get pretty annoying, and will make it hard to take this model seriously. But it's all up to Klorel, of course, and if he decides to include those sounds I can always change them on my computer.

those are pretty cool ideas, but as inbredyokel said, this model is a serious one, and if anybody out there wants to do a shaft skin with different sounds thats cool too. I wouldnt mind hearing some of those classic SLJ lines when fighting, but not for the windu skin. Also, once i release my model, i'll include the meshes for others to use for a shaft skin or whatever you have in mind.

ok, new news: someone experienced is now doing the uvws, bones and such, and then i'll skin it. :thumbsup: not sure how long it will take, but i want it done well, so im not gonna rush it. Once i start skinning, i'll post some previews for everyone to critique (constructively i hope).

*does anyone know how to get a bot personality in the game? i tried it before, copying another model, reskinning, and changing the bot file to point to my new skin, but the bot wasn't even in the bot menu. Any thoughts?

Well, the Mace Windu character is so undeveloped and poorly written in the film, it stands to reason that one would have to look to Jackson's other films to find sounds. I mean, aside from "Party's over," is there anything else out of Windu that is worth quoting? Just a bunch of poorly written lines if I recall correctly. And besides, if Lucas puts B.M.F on Mace's saber hilt, then I think it's just the next logical step to add some Pulp Fiction lines to it.

- DT

Oh, and all kidding aside, I do think other films by SW actors should be considered for skins when good lines are hard to come by. For instance, while it would be silly to have some of the Pulp Fiction sounds on the model that have cursing and all in it, if one were hard-pressed for sounds, I'm sure one could find some lines by jackson in some films that fit the charatcer of Mace Windu. Know what I mean? It would probably be better to stick to lass-famous lines or total non-quotables, but especially with Expanded Universe characters, there are tons of interesting choices out there to turn to.

For instance, if one needed voice sounds for Exar Kun (and mind, I know next to nothing about him but I'll use him as an example) they could perhaps think of an actor that has a good voice for the character and seek out a few lines. Say one decided that Max Von Sydow had a good voice for the character--as Max has no shortage of cool villian roles throughout his film history to choose from, one could look to sampling bits from Ming the Merciless in Flash Gordon, his villian in Needfull things, etc.

At anyrate, despite the above joking, I think non-SW films should still be considered from time to time

Good luck with the model!

- DT

Darth Torgo,

I agree with what you said about searching other films for good taunt lines. I actually think that the best one you mentioned was "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?" The others have cursing you won't find in the SW universe (like you mentioned) and unfortunately, references to the Lord don't fit either...unless you're fighting Vader or something, but it would still be a stretch.

Klorel,

Looking forward to your update! Mace Windu is my favorite character in Episode II, and Obi Wan is a close second. Anakin was alright, especially when he fought akimbo, but I still think there were other characters in the film that had a lot better "stage presence" if you will, especially when fighting. Mace was one of them. Keep up the good work.

... might be a good movie for source quotes. I can't recall anything of merit that Samuel says, but he has some very even keel conversations near the beginning.

I think looking for taunts from other audio sources is a good idea, myself.

-Phil

not sure about the audio books. how about "hold on to you butts!" from Jurassic Park? lol. but i may include a few non- cussing, or, non-memorable, SLJ quotes in there. Then again, i could always splice some samuel L. Jackson stuff together to make my own little sayings up. maybe replace Mother F****r with "sith" or something :D but i'm still aiming to make it a Mace-like-quote, so dont expect mace getting shot then replying "this is a tasty burger"

AAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAH YES... BRADFU HAD THE SAME IDEA I DID.....

When watching the film and i saw Mace Windu walking down toward Count Dooku...

All of a sudden.....WABADOW WAOM.......the shaft theme pops into my head........

hahahahaha excelent..

you could make 2 seprete skins released seperatly one shaft.. one windu

"This Partys Over" has to be the best taunt

Mr.EFF - i'll be skinning it.

is there a way to change the taunt for red and blue teams? I'm not gonna do it on this model, but its just to know. also, for the icon would you rather have a photo-realistic picture of mace, or a ingame screen with the backgrounds just like ravens? i've already made the photo-realistic ones, but its no biggy to change that. any thoughts?

Originally posted by Aka

Has anyone thought of using audio books for taunts from these EU characters?

somebody (i think it was (IK)Lucifer - sorry if i'm wrong :( ) used snippets from the audio books for the kir kanos skin he made. and since kanos doesn't have ANY speaking parts whatsoever in the movies, it worked very well. i do think mace windu's taunt should be a SLJ line, just so it BECOMES the character. whether you get that taunt from ep2 or any other SLJ movie doesn't matter, but to make the model as authentic as possible, IMO it has to be the voice of THE MAN.

been keeping my eye on this thread for a while, klorel. i'm very excited about your project, and really enjoy watching its progress. keep us posted and definitely keep up the great work!

Archived