Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

this model is awesome...thats one bad brutha...f*cking cool...i think you should make an anakin model next with the baggy sleeves and alll.....and the braid and make his hair and face look perfect and such...i think your one of few who finds modeling and skinning easy cuz damn i punch myself in the face for even thinking about trying...thanks dude, but seriously think about making anakin ur next project, peace.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how many times do we have to bump to get some UPDATES AROUND HERE! ;)

his head looks fine, not too big. the face looks exactly like Sammy L. Jackson. but for your next project..how about a luke skywalker that actually looks like luke skywalker?

---------------

Fear...Fear Attracts the Fearful...

The Strong...The Weak...

The Innocent...The Corrupt..

Fear...Fear is my Ally...

ok, heres somewhat of an update:

macewindupreview12.txt

this post is to address some issues i'm having with uvw unwrap. I uvw map his leg (2 objects: half of torso, and boot) and then go to uv unwrap it. Once i'm in to edit the uv unwrap, i move a vertice, but when i click again it just pops back in place. and also, if a can get it to move, it doesnt show any change in the perspective window so its no good to me that way either. also it will either show the boot or the thigh, not both at once, but i want them to be in the same texture file just to make things less complicated. anyhoo, thats all the trouble i'm having for now, i've looked at the skinning tutorials, but they dont mention this problem (happens with cylindrical, box, and pretty much any form of mapping you can use to optimize the mapping coordinates. any help is appreciated.

perhaps it has to do with the stack? not sure, just throwing out something to think about.

Lots of good models on the way, I must say. Don't forget to supplement this model with Tex and Mark_Li's Obi Wan(s) and Qui Gon Jinn. The ultimate prequel package, I think! Those guys seem to have mastered the Jedi robes.

Klorel, I'm looking forward to your Mace Windu. Good job with it! I've asked this question of other modelers as well, so it's time I ask you. Will the public be allowed to reskin your model if we want? Do you just want credit for the mesh?

I was working on a few Episode 2 models, still in their early stages, as I am trying to refamiliarize myself with Max. But a few modelers on these forums have already beaten me to the punch, and my attempts are nowhere near the calibur of the ones on the way, so I'm just going to lay low for a while. Keep up the good work everyone!

ok, to address a few questions:

I will be skinning and releasing my model with my skin (and the mesh skin files for other skinners). I encourage other skinners to do thier own variation of my mace (maybe a sith mace). But I would like credit for both model and skin.

Unfortunetally, nud0, I've been really busy lately and I'm also new at modeling for video games, so I can't really say when this will be done. It would be nice to just give the model to someone the way I have it now and they give me back all the files once converted to .glm. But everyone else seems to be really busy with thier own projects, and I would be worried about the quality of thier work on my model as well because I put a lot of effort into the model and I'd hope someone uvw mapping and wieghting the bones would do the same. I've already uv unwrapped the head and face, so all they would have to do is the rest of the body, and i guess the eyes and teeth. But since its just me working on this I can't really say how long it will take. I'm more of a skinner than I am a modeller, and when I tried my own crack at the mace skin I couldnt get past the fact that there was no good model to do it on. Thats why I began this project, cause I didnt see anyone else making one- and hey, there has to be a mace model.

And maybe if someone who knew what they were doing did volunteer to finish the rest of the model > game compiling process (mapping, bones, weighting, hiearchy, converting) then I would let them try the dark mace and release that with the model. It would probably look best if they work off my mace head when I'm finished with it (which is what I start with when skinning anyways).

I do have issues with that because I see with other models, when the modellers who include a lot of different skins with thier model, 3/4 are great, and the rest need some work. So quantity isn't always greater than quality. And I dont think I could say to someone: your skin isnt good enough for the pack. But then again, that was my opinion, but I dont want people to question downloading mace Just because there's a skin they dont want showing up on thier console.

What would be cool is if someone decides they'd like to finish him up to the skinning point, later, I could redo new jedi master heads and hands for the model and eventually get any of the jedi masters who are on the council and wearing a similar uniform. who knows, i'm getting ahead of myself.

One last thing. I'm still having trouble with the mapping in my previous reply and hopefully someone who reads this has read atleast the last page of the thread. Also geocities has informed me that my sight is getting too much traffic (OH NO! :eek: )lol. Which i'm pretty happy about but my links may not work, so if you click on a link, just click once, and keep your window open, cause the problem lies with the fact that people are viewing more than 3 GB/ month (I really only have these 1mb worth of pictures on the sight :p . so if you've seen the picture, dont click again, maybe even save it if you want to look at it later, sorry for any troubles this causes. well, here i go, gonna try the chest, maybe that will work better than the leg.

From the shots I've mananged to see it looks pretty good. Damn Geosities!

AKPiggot , I knew when I saw this you'd have already mentioned your want of a Mace Windu and there you were like first or second reply.

I havn't seen any new updates of that level at Massassi for some time. Whats happening. There isn't even anything at the Editors Corner.

Klorel, cant wait to see it skinned. It looks damn nice.

Hey Klorel,

ask Kman@Polycount to help you, he seems very good at unwrapping and such, also he is a great skinner and I am sure he could create a very detailed Sith Windu for you, I am very anxious for this model to be released. It is very High quality. good luck getting this sucker ingame and can't wait to play as this bad mofo in MP.

---------------

The Strong...The Weak...

DaJo Kesea, it might just be me, but I was under the impression that Tex and Mark_Li wanted to make their own Mace Windu for some reason, so I'm not too certain they'd want to be part of any team effort.

But if you ask me, Klorel's Mace looks quite a bit better than any of their models(though they're still pretty awsome too).

Sorry... wasn't suggesting any kind of team thing happen here. I was just passing along a recommendation for all of us to download the Obi Wan and Qui Gon from TEX/Mark_Li (once released), along with the Mace Windu from Klorel to make a nice prequel collection. I really like TEX's work, so I thought I'd say "If you like Mace Windu, check out what these other guys are doing," just in case you all hadn't seen it yet. :)

Actually Windu is my test project for getting back into Max. I know Maya may be better for character modeling in some cases, but I am thouroughly enjoying the surface tools in Max. Klorel, your Mace still blows mine out of the water. (Mine's still just a quarter of a head bust...lol.) Keep up the good work.

Nope, no skin yet. at the moment he is fixing the model and UV mapping it. he can't skin it until he is done UV mapping it.

---------------

The Strong...The Weak...

thanks for all your support guys. I'm currently in the process of getting someone to weigh the bones, uvw the body, and all the other fun stuff before i skin it cause i just dont have the tools. But once i start skinning it i'll do the face first and get you guys a screenshot so i can make his skin as accurate as possible. probably wont be for a while though.

Archived