Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think it matters that he updates at all.

one thing that bugs me is how people sit here and act like these artists OWE these people a model.

they don't owe you models, or updates...

i feel the only reason they should even bother posting images is so we can rip em apart and tell em where they fugged up (its the process of perfecting their model, and their skills). The end result hopefully being a model worthy of finding a home in my base folder.

I think updates are just kind of a courtesy thing to other modelers. We don't need pictures, we just need some kind of signal that you are still working on your model. Otherwise(as may be the case with the obi-wan and qui-gon models), someone may want to make a certain model but see that someone has already started and decide not to, when in fact the other model has been abandoned. If you can't finish a model,skin, etc, it just does us other modelers/skinners a favor if you either pass your work along to someone else or at least tell us you can't continue. That way we can work on the projects we want while avoiding redundancy.

just because another modeller or skinner has taken on the same project, does not mean for one or the other to stop, the one who quit might have made a better model than the one who went on working....you'd never know...

just model whatever the hell you want, regardless if anyone else has done/is doing/will do....

i'm making an Aurra Sing, even though i KNOW space monkey already released his. With the hopes of release before summer's end.

...hmmmm avoiding redundancy?!....bah, just download the ones you like. You don't HAVE to download EVERY model out there. I like variety. Means I don't have to just "settle" for the one whoever model there is...

::edit::

it would be best if they showed images with the updates, as i said, makes it simple for us to tell em where they fugged up....

I don't mean avoiding redundancy in that way. If there's a model out there and you're not happy with it and want to make a better one, more power to you. But what if, for example, Misterpunch had never told anyone he was making a plo koon, and I decided I would take it upon myself to make him because I thought no one else would. So I work hard for close to 3 months because I'm not familiar with making JO models, and finally after all my sweat and toil I'm ready to release...but then Misterpunch shows everyone the Plo Koon model that he'd been secretly working on, and he's ready to release it. It's the best model ever to hit the game, and no one, not even me, would bother to use my model because his is soooo much better. You have to admit that would be incredibly frustrating. Had I known he was making one, I might have put all that work into a different model I wanted to see in the game, like Prince Xizor (hint, hint). Know what I mean? I'm not saying it's bad to have 2 people working on the same model, but if you're only making it because you want to see that character in game, why put in all that work if you won't even use yours?

Anyway, this is drifting off the thread topic so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks once again for all the support.

first off, ignore the belt-- its a WIP in itself

:p but the boots are pretty much done. This is still the basic texture, over it i'll but shadows and highlights to make it look like drooping and wrinkles. thats all for now. I'm pretty much swamped at the moment with work and such, so updates will be a little more sparce, but I will be working on him from time to time.

hope you all like it so far. your weekend update: macewindupreview19.txt

Klorel,

Incredible! Face, boots, cloth...all perfect, and the belt is well underway. I was going to comment on the sleeves (they would hang down more when he stands still), but I think the way they are shaped will actually work best for motion sequences, since as sophisticated as the JKII engine and modern technology is, 3D engines still have a tough time animating fabric movement. Excellent work!

Check that blue spot under his tabbard. If that's not something you're finished with, don't mind me, but I just didn't want you to have missed a spot in texturing, release the model, and say "Oops!" Hehe. :)

I can't be more in awe, Klorel. I just hope my Geonosian Arena turns out to be worthy of the footprints of your awesome creation.

Archived