Home

What games are you waiting to play this year?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Heavyarms

hey, Tie Guy, go watch one of the movies at IGN. It looks freaking sweet, and I was a skeptic!

I have watched the movies, and i have read the previews, and i still think it sucks and i can't understand what people see in it. So tell me what you see in it? And don't say the pyshics, that certainly doesn't make a game good or bad in the least bit. And i used to be a mario fan, but after first Luigi's Mansion and now this i may change my mind.

Oh, and Ferg, if you want to watch more than 3 movies/images then just delete the cookie from your temporary internet files after you view the limit and watch some more.

First of all, the graphics are freaking amazing, man.

Graphics do not make the game: Case in point: Force Commander

Third: Riding Yoshi!!!

I can play Mario World to do that ya know?

Just pointing stuff out

Mario Sunshire:

It's a Mario game how can it be bad! Think. Luigi's Mansion was a Luigi game or basically another Mario's Missing game. I saw Mario Sunshine on TV and it looks great!(Remember screenshots can be very deceiving!) I know the water gun idea is wierd, but hey Mario's already wierd! I mean look at Mario, he is a plumber who eats mushrooms, shoots fire, rides multi-colored raptors, all named Yoshi that wear shoes, and does other wierd things. Nintendo is very creative, so expect the unexpected.

All I can count on, is we'll know the truth, that it's fun, in August.

BTW

9. Robotech

I'm pretty sure Mario Sunshine will be a good game, but I'm not interested to play it. And I regret to say that the graphics SUCK!

I'd say I'm looking forward to Doom III but it won't be out till 2003. So on my 2002 "must-play" list:

SW: Galaxies.

That's it.

That's it??!? :eek:

you know a lot of you guys said SW Galaxies.... but i never see you guys on the forums of SWgalaxies.net. why?

im like there..... always

first on my list:

Star Wars Galaxies

second on my list:

Star Wars Galaxies

Third on my list

Star Wars Galaxies

I think you catch my drift. :D

Originally posted by Link Antilles

Mario Sunshire:

It's a Mario game how can it be bad! Think. Luigi's Mansion was a Luigi game or basically another Mario's Missing game. I saw Mario Sunshine on TV and it looks great!(Remember screenshot can be very deceiving!) I know the water gun idea is weird, but hey Mario's already weird! I mean look at Mario, he is a plumber who eats mushrooms, shoot's fire, rides multi-colored raptors, all name Yoshi that wearshoes, and does other weird things. Nintendo is very creative, so expect the unexpect.

All I can count on, is we'll know the truth, that it's fun, in August.

Now your only reason is basically that Nintendo never makes a bad game, which is crap. I've seen videos of it too, it has decent graphics, nice physics, and no gameplay or storyline. Thats not a good combination for a game. Again, just because its original doesn't mean its good. I could make a game where you went around spraying ketchup on hamburgers and you could use the ketchup bottle as a jetpack but it would still suck. Besides, for all we know the entire point of the game is to "mop up" the entire world, sounds great! :rolleyes:

If you've ever noticed, all anyone talks about in reviews is the physics, ever think that that is because thats probably the only thing there is to talk about in the game.

the plot isn't stupid, man! He was framed, so he has to clean it up and find out who did it! Does that sound lame to you?

Yes. How about save the world from total destruction at the hands of his arch-nemisis Bowser!?! Isn't that what Mario does? He doesn't go around cleaning up stuff to figure out who really made a mess on the carpet,

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Yes. How about save the world from total destruction at the hands of his arch-nemisis Bowser!?! Isn't that what Mario does? He doesn't go around cleaning up stuff to figure out who really made a mess on the carpet,

LOL

for some reason when i saw Heavyarms's post i thought you guys were talking about Max Payne...

Mario....bah :D

Yeah, DX2 might be good, crazy dog, but it's too bad that ION Storm are using the Unreal engine again. Man, I HATE that engine.

About Mario Sunshine's storyline, I think they should stick to the original concept and just use the watergun thingy as a slight twist of things. In fact, they might just be doing that.

Oh and yeah, Nintendo can and did make bad games in the past... Yoshi's Island, anyone?

I agree with you Sherack, on the Nintendo making bad games part anyway (Yoshi's Island was pretty 1337) I was thinking along the lines of SUPER *censored* SMASH BROTHERS! God dammit thats THE most ovverated game ever!

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

Yeah, DX2 might be good, crazy dog, but it's too bad that ION Storm are using the Unreal engine again. Man, I HATE that engine.

About Mario Sunshine's storyline, I think they should stick to the original concept and just use the watergun thingy as a slight twist of things. In fact, they might just be doing that.

Oh and yeah, Nintendo can and did make bad games in the past... Yoshi's Island, anyone?

Yoshi's Island?!

I loved they game!

(except baby Mario, my ears are still ringing.)

Now, Yoshi Story........well...that..was...a different story!

(No wonder I got it for $2 bucks.)

Archived