Home

What happened to SCRAMM?

moebius

Does someone knows what happened to SCRAMM?? Some days ago I tried to access www.scramm.org, but it's completely down! I was searching around and couldn't find anything new about it. Couldn't know wether it's dead or not, too.

Can anybody tell me something about it?

Thanks, folks.

I think I might as well state here that to my knowledge, SCRAMM is dead. As most of you will know, I left my monstrous creation to live its own life, or die, years ago. Talked to James recently, and he seems to have moved on too. I'm happy for him, I must say :) It did turn out to be a monster, and I don't feel like being Frankenstein, nor would I like to hand that position over to James. At least it gave some experience that allowed both of us to do other things more successfully :) SCUMMRev, for one, would never have existed without SCRAMM in various ways.

- Serge

First: thanks for answering.

Second: explanations. I asked that because some time ago I was thinking about making my own engine (that would be called LIXOO), but surfing over there I found some interesting projects that were on development at that moment, so I decided to wait until they were finished. Surprisingly the webpage for SCRAMM (the most interesting, I think) dissapeared. So I needed to know what happened.

Third: now I'm wondering (again) wether I'll start my engine or not. If I decide to do it, I'll post to the forum (and probably I'll be bothering you with technical questions from time to time :)).

Maybe LIXOO could start its life now it's going to be summer...

Also, I think some of you would be interested in learning that GLUMOL isn't dead... it's most likely to be (partially) released this summer: http://www.glumol.com/forum/post.php3?topic_id=2211

And there's also AGS. I know the web site is dead, but you can check the forums: http://pub6.ezboard.com/bdosuserforums

So perhaps would you better wait a bit more before beginning your engine? :p

Benjy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well...we suppose it is...if we are to believe some of the people on the website. The creators aren't taking good care of the site. Im all for GLUMOL being released and supported, it's just hard to see it coming after waiting for a couple years with the updates so far in between.

Archived