Home

The Return of Mara Jade

Edward Peretti

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Primrodo

Anyone thought about using the sounds in Masters of Teras Kasi?

That is a good idea. That game was fun, BTW. I was the man with Vader - Mara was just like Luke... it was dissapointing she had no moves of her own. Anyway, unfortunately, I no longer own the game or know anyone who does, otherwise i'd offer to get some sounds from it.

Originally posted by JEDI_Anakin_S

You're so late... it got taken out a few days ago. Why would you want a SW character to have a stupid ugly real world trendy piercing anyway?

Just because YOU think it's stupid, that doesn't MAKE it stupid. My girlfriend has one and it looks really hot.

And saying something like: "ugly real world". Pff, that doesn't make any sense to me. Dresses and clothing are "real world too". The clothes Han Solo had in the movies could have easily been worn on this day.

First of all, I would like to apologize for my sudden outburst. I had seen the pic, and I thought it was absolutley BEAUTIFUL.

I have yet to see a ring on some models, and if you don't mind me saying, I think it looks very HOT. And that is what Mara Jade is :D . He obviously wanted it in for the model, and he said he liked it, we shouldn't whine about it and make him cancel something he worked hard on.

I realized that I was probably late, and I had to leave out quite quickly. So I quickly posted putting in my two cents, as you can see my haste in that post, I wanted to get my two cents in there quick!!!

I feel the ring will get some new hotness going on, and it looks really neat as well. I know you all have your own opinions, although I have mine to :cool:

Well I agree with JEDI_Anakin_S.

Mara Jade didn't have a belly button ring, and I'd prefer her not to in respect.

Its not a debate whether real people look hot with them or not is not the issue. This model is a bunch of polygons, yes?

And I haven't seen them in the Star Wars Universe anyway :)

I think it was an approipiate (sp?) move to remove it for now, for all those involved. If you really want the ring, ask someone to edit the skin.

As for the sounds.....who has the game and the tools to extract them? Plenty of pain and death and victory taunts :)

Yes, I believe your right. I believe for most of us who actually wanted the thing in, was beyond reasoning.

I know Mara doesn't have one, and therefor she shouldn't have on here either.

I suppose the normal manhood kicked in there for a bit, and some of us just aren't thinking. I do want it in, although I have realized that it SHOULDN'T be, so it should end right there.

~*sigh*~ :thumbs1:

Originally posted by Grafox

Just because YOU think it's stupid, that doesn't MAKE it stupid. My girlfriend has one and it looks really hot.

And saying something like: "ugly real world". Pff, that doesn't make any sense to me. Dresses and clothing are "real world too". The clothes Han Solo had in the movies could have easily been worn on this day.

If anyone wore something like they wear in SW, they'd be gawked at. Including Han's outfit. Yes, dresses and clothing are real world, but not THOSE dresses and clothing. Besides that, this is a SW model and in SW they don't have belly button rings, unless you can prove otherwise. As it was suggested, if you want the bellybutton ring, you're a skinner - modify the skin. It wasn't modeled, so it should be quite easy to add on.

Originally posted by Edward Peretti

I've spent countless hours trying to get her ingame, but Assimilate is being a real pain! I basically get a "process returned error : 1" build failed message when I try to compile.

Any idea what this means?

I don't, but I have a suggestion for you. Get in contact with Toonces - he's gotten more models in game than anyone else, I think. I'm sure he can help you out.

Originally posted by Edward Peretti

I've spent countless hours trying to get her ingame, but Assimilate is being a real pain! I basically get a "process returned error : 1" build failed message when I try to compile.

Any idea what this means?

Like I said Ed, if you got some problems, Toonces is the man to talk to, or Kman, or Major Clod. If Toonces is up to it( he seems to have his hands full, but rigging is like second nature to this guy! he doesn't quit!!), send it to him, and while he rigs it you could work on sounds, bots, making icons and all the rest of the lovely things that need to be done.

I got a test version running in-game last night. There's still alot of work to do especially around the bone weighting (I plan to weight the face too). She runs real smooth and looks good. I think part of that is the texture is a single 1024 x 1024 as opposed to seperate high-res textures, so draw time on the 3d card is alot quicker. Lots of stuff to do still. But I'm working on it :)

Archived