Home

The Return of Mara Jade

Edward Peretti

Originally posted by remark 666

i'll do the tutorial...as long as you keep the "unliked" hair type ;) maybe give the pony tail to the CTF version

YES!!! good call is there any way we can get a beta version for this or is it already released?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Edward Peretti

I've finished bug fixes. I've added more polys to the face for higher vertex lighting quality. There will be no lod's, but there will be something more special to compensate ;)

Should be ready some time this week.

compensation for lods, eh...

/me ponders

this is going to be the best female model for jk2, ever! :D

I have a question that i don't think has been asked before..... Can someone modify the model so that it can be used as a playable character in SP? Some of the models that i have downloaded are weird and i can't convert them into playable characters (either that or i'm doing something wrong). Or even a definitive easy to understand tutorial that could be posted to enable people to do this would be awesome. Anyways i'm sure there are A LOT of guys here who want to put Ms. Jade ingame either as an npc or as the main character in some of their levels, myself included (with persmission of course). This is just for my peace of mind. Thanks Dudes.

Pnut_Master: sure. I'm adding a skin template file with the release.

Ok, here's that special treat!

http://eperetti.tripod.com/workinprogress.html

Not very special I'm afraid :\ but as you can see this should add a little more variety to the model.

The mesh has improved alot since the last colour image I posted. There are alot more polys though (particularly with the ponytail version). I can reduce some, but may afterall need to add those LODs. Which leaves me to ask if anyone knows if you can limit the LODs to just the head as opposed to the whole body?

I did say this week didn't I :| depending on how these LODs go, I plan to release her sunday the latest. Fingers crossed ;)

Not very special I'm afraid :\ but as you can see this should add a little more variety to the model.

not very special?! it's extremely special. :D there are so many more possibilities now.

mara's ponytail > jan's ponytail :xp:

The mesh has improved alot since the last colour image I posted. There are alot more polys though (particularly with the ponytail version). I can reduce some, but may afterall need to add those LODs. Which leaves me to ask if anyone knows if you can limit the LODs to just the head as opposed to the whole body?

I'm thinking that it would work. Since it will load the lod's based on the suffix, and when there isn't one, it just keeps the model how it is. I'd say go for it. Test it with a very drastic reduction so it would be easy to spot, and see if it works. Who knows. Then again, it'd probably hang in the compile process because of some unknown part of the program that searches for all or no lod's. Heh.

Looking good.

Archived