Home

Racial Slurs on the Servers

Norin Radd

OK. I'm posting this here, because this is where it will get the most attention.

I feel the need to do this because the problem has gotten progressively worse in the last week, at least on the servers that I've played on. I believe that everyone has the right to think what they desire, regardless of whether or not I agree with the thought pattern at hand is irrelevant. However, there is a time and place for every discussion. These servers are not, in my opinion, a place where people come to discuss political or social issues, but to enjoy the game of JKII.

If you have issues with Blacks, Caucasians, Jews, Arabs, Asians, Latinos, or any ethnic or religious group, keep your thoughts to yourself. This is not the arena for this dicussion.

If you find a player or players that insist on this type of behavior, I would ask that you just ignore them, since they want attention. Usually this individual or inividuals will cease their offensive remarks. If the remarks continue to the point where players are becoming offended and angered(a situation I found myself in twice this week)then you have the option of removing that person from the server.

Opinions are as diverse as people, and all opinions should be respected, if for no other reason, than to propagate the right of individual thought. However, there are discussions which are best left for another time and place. Thank You.:D

hold on a minute

how the hell would ne one playing jedi knight 2 know your race??

we all use code names or nick names so how would ne one even guess this??

ne way,

if u shut up and kick their ass, i am sure they will realise that u r better than them

Yeah I come across plenty of racists. I ignore them but vent my anger when I fight them. This guy the other day was going nigga this and nigga that, I own you blah blah blah. I got him with lunge backstab (thickko) and typed "own that you racist motherf**ker!" He promptly left the server.

Felt SOOOOOOOO Good.

Originally posted by Zero101

hold on a minute

how the hell would ne one playing jedi knight 2 know your race??

we all use code names or nick names so how would ne one even guess this??

ne way,

if u shut up and kick their ass, i am sure they will realise that u r better than them

(SIGH)

Zero101, maybe you should read my post again.:D

yeah racism sucks. i live in australia, and generally we like to think of ourselves as a multicultural nation. we have people from all over the world here, but despite such mingling, there's still a lot of racism :( you see it especially with the asians. they call themselves AzNs, some 12 year old tells em to go home, and you have to sit in the server watching them crap on for the next hour. australia's a great place to live, but there are certain areas and parts of our history that are incredibly racist. i just hope online gaming, with the internet's anonimity doesnt become part of it :(

I personally don't like any of it, the most acceptable one is calling everything 'gay' That one really get's on my nerves because if it was any sort of racial slur everyone would get offended, but because it's gay people that get the brunt of it it's suddenly ok.

It doesn't even fit within the context of the word since it actually means happy...

Just your usual ignorant a**holes. They simply do it because they know it'll either offend someone, or just plain piss them off. Some reason these idiots get a "high" off of pissing people off. Don't ask me to explain it, because their motives boggle my mind. Anyway, just get everyone together and exclusively hunt them down, or just kick them off the server.

That's pretty odd. Why the hell wouldn't anyone choose to use JKII to spread political and racial propaganda? What's next, JKII clans popping up calling themselves stuff like JKKKII or Black Panther Jedi? Maybe the Republican Jedi? Anti-Osama Stormtroopers? Pro-terrorisim sandtroopers?

If you all want to argue or promote some sort of political, racial, or just all out debatable view then great. There are places for that with forums so that you can debate intelligently or not so intelligently to all your heart's desire. But JKII is by no means an ivory tower to go rallying or offending people to your cause. The people here just don't give a damn, we're there to play. Want to argue with me? Great. Do it here or at one of the other forums I go to. But don't expect me to respond in any other way than to ram a saber down your throat as you type if you're going to flood the place with propaganda.

its just a game guys, why do you get so upset about everything people say? you dumb asses have to realize that the people who are making all the racist comments are like 14 15 16 year old teenagers. its pretty funny most of the time too, hahahaha. no one is a racist, they just say mean things to people cause they know that no one can touch them. its pretty funny too when some guy is running around ass first trying to backstab people hitting his binds that say racial comments. you guys are a bunch of 40 year old virgins who live with your parents and get upset about a video game that is for teenagers.

Originally posted by Smokey Macpot

its just a game guys, why do you get so upset about everything people say? you dumb asses have to realize that the people who are making all the racist comments are like 14 15 16 year old teenagers. its pretty funny most of the time too, hahahaha. no one is a racist, they just say mean things to people cause they know that no one can touch them. its pretty funny too when some guy is running around ass first trying to backstab people hitting his binds that say racial comments. you guys are a bunch of 40 year old virgins who live with your parents and get upset about a video game that is for teenagers.

:rolleyes:

You're not that stupid surely!!!:eyeraise: Are you? Really, nah, can't be, noone is THAT stupid.

Hate to have to break it to ya but there are actual real racists playing this game. They are not all 13, 14 and 15 and even if they are, it does'nt mean they have not been bought up to be racist. The original post said keep your comments to yourself because JK2 servers ain't the place for it. Do you agree or not?

BTW: you must be about 13 yourself by the sound of it and last time I looked, there was no "age limit" on the cover!

you dumb asses have to realize that the people who are making all the racist comments are like 14 15 16 year old teenagers.

i'm 14...i'm not racist, that's a generalization that isn't fair to my age group

and how would you feel if you were a victem of this? just think about it, no reply needed, it's a rhetorical question

Actually, I just kick anyone who pulls that crap on my server.

I had a real laugh yesterday when I kicked a guy from the "Drug" Clan who was spouting racist and vulgar four letter words every 5 seconds. He had two fellow clan members playing with him.

He reconnected and immediately starts in about how abusive *I* am as an admin, and how he's "gonna report me" using the same abusive racist language he was before.

I told him "report this" as I kicked and banned him. :)

His buddy then started in on me and I publicly announced he'd earned a ban too before kicking HIM.

Didn't get a peep out of the third guy. He just disconnected about 10 minutees later. :)

This is why I run a server, so I don't have to suffer a-holes like this who suffer from diarrhea of the mouth.

rofl, right. so now all racists are simply kids? you obviously belong to an ethnic majority wherever you're living. you see, there's this thing called the real world, where not everything is "just a game". just because the real world doesnt exist in the game, doesnt mean the game doesnt exist in the real world. perhaps one day you should get off your computer and check things out?

Originally posted by BigMexican

yeah racism sucks. i live in australia, and generally we like to think of ourselves as a multicultural nation. we have people from all over the world here, but despite such mingling, there's still a lot of racism :( you see it especially with the asians. they call themselves AzNs, some 12 year old tells em to go home, and you have to sit in the server watching them crap on for the next hour. australia's a great place to live, but there are certain areas and parts of our history that are incredibly racist. i just hope online gaming, with the internet's anonimity doesnt become part of it :(

Yah, Australia's really cool :) Me being an Asian half-breed born in Australia and all :) haha... I have to agree that i do encounter some small racist elements around the place, but in general, it seems that Australia (Victoria at least) is a really tolerant multicultural place of the world...

Hehe, pardon me for being inane and jack-assed about it, but when does it get to the point where people start calling others discriminatory for being "racist to the racists"??? Yah, inane i know ;) Jus that it's not uncommon for me to encounter this type of counterattacking attitude, whenever perhaps i'm in my cynical mood and a little pissed off at someone (who i don't call racist, but they feel they are under the gun for something along those lines)???

Originally posted by Aerys

Twins your comment seemed to imply some automatic method of keeping people banned. I add people to the g_banips cvar but it gets too long and I have to prune it.

it's a pure server, as soon as i ban them once it seems that they aren't allowed in "invalid pk3 file refrence" or whatever it is, talk to leelink about that though, leelink runs our server...i'm just an admin

Originally posted by karismatik

Yah, Australia's really cool :) Me being an Asian half-breed born in Australia and all :) haha... I have to agree that i do encounter some small racist elements around the place, but in general, it seems that Australia (Victoria at least) is a really tolerant multicultural place of the world...

Hehe, pardon me for being inane and jack-assed about it, but when does it get to the point where people start calling others discriminatory for being "racist to the racists"??? Yah, inane i know ;) Jus that it's not uncommon for me to encounter this type of counterattacking attitude, whenever perhaps i'm in my cynical mood and a little pissed off at someone (who i don't call racist, but they feel they are under the gun for something along those lines)???

if you lived in victoria you probably woulda been ok, most of the abuse down there, from what i've heard, is focused on the greek and mediterranean community :( in queensland there's more anti-asian racism, not sure why though ...

Yes racist remarks shouldn't be tolerated on most servers. I usally just call them racist muther f*ckers and hunt them down (in most other games). I'm not exactly good enough to talk yet lol. :D So the bottom line is just take their slurs as a challenge of skill beat their asses and than walk away the victor and a supreme sense of satisfaction. :p

karismatic, you're an "asian half-breed" ? lol, you make yourself sound like some kind of mutt. lol. thats pretty funny

:) i know... well it doesn't mean half-asian, well, it's a complex heritage... just the first few words that came to mind, that's all, looking back at it, have to admit it does sound funny!!!

Archived