Home

Lec 20

elTee

I did write a long and interesting post about this the other night, but it seems to have dissapeared in the server move...

Oh well, here's the upshot:

What can we expect as a celebration of the first 20 years of LEC? I hope there's a DVD about the company for sale... prob. not though.

Hi, I'm Jake the Administrator, mucking around in other people's posts. Here's the original post by LucasTones from the old forum:

LucasArts 20th Anniversary

Well, I was beginning to wonder if anyone else had noticed. They have.

There's a promising looking page at LucasArts, that says there's a video celebrating the logo changes through the years, and rumour has it they're gonna put an E3 video of classic clips up too.

Will there be anything else? I hope so. Maybe merchandise, games re-releases in special packs. Who knows? Put down your ideas and we shall speculate! I want... some kind of DVD, yeah, that'd be a cool thing to buy.

Windows versions of the old adventures streamed on their homepage (like Jeffrey indicated in the Mojo-Interview). That would be great! :D

Or the announcement of MI5, DOTT2 and GF2 on one weekend. Hmm... :rolleyes:

Das Jan

Don't say things like that! They really should do something like that though - computer games get nowt but bad press on the TV: "My son went on a kill crazy rampage because of Quake II" etc. When really, the kid was a heroin addict, and the police found a copy of Quake amongst his many possesions.

I remember reading at the time that CMI came out that they were gonna do re-makes of the first two... I think there was a mock up picture of CMI guybrush with a CMI style SCUMM Bar exterior in PC Gamer.. I'll go look.

[edit]

The mock up was made by the mag, not LucasArts.

So you can sit far off to the side and watch them with correct colors as your friend play them on antiquated laptops.

I'd love to see (*cough*make*cough*) a documentary or 5 come out of LEC. The thing is, they'd never go back and track down Schafer, Gilbert, Grossman, Land, Bajakian, Chan etc etc and they'd be silly. Would be Mike Stemmle and Clark talking about the charms of Monkey 2.

At the end of Rogue Leader on the gamecube, there's a 'making of' video you unlock. It's ok, bit boring, but thats only cos its a Star Wars game. It'd be cool if they put one on the Full Throttle 2 game.

Archived