Home

This game has been reduced to a backsweep-a-thon:

DarthCobra

Well I havent really said anything about this yet. And im sure its a real beatin topic. But i speant about 12hours playin jk2 online today. And i must say, its quite depressing. To see this wonderful game reduced to one move spammed endlessly. And you cant blame ppl for using it. Cause its the only thing that works. Backsweep after Backsweep after Backsweep, on an on and over and over.

Now im sure there will be lots of mods made my "J.Q.Community" but we still need an offical fix to this nonsence. The game before even with the few problems was still a very versital game with lots of action and awesome lookin gameplay and moves. None which are used anymore at all.

-end rant

Too true... is there a way to avoid it reliably??? (i manage it with a kick or well-timed jump, but it works less than half the time)

Tried to beat someone dueling without any of backstab, sweep or throw/kick after throw/kick... Didn't work... And continuously, it was the red sweep that got me... Yah, something should be done about it!!! (or else teach a young man patience!!!) :)

I will repeat what I said in an earlier post:

Backstabbing isn't the problem, it's the people running around backwards trying to fart on you. If backstab/sweep was reduced to 50% damage, it might reduce the a$$runners and pull/sweep spammers.

I think the fact that there is a 1 hit kill in this game spoils it alot. There is nothing more annoying than breaking someone down slowly only for them to catch you with a backstab by shear luck!

me, i have no problem with assfighters, i have learned how to use absorb and drain effectively against them so no matter what side i'm on i can always beat them......if they're running around backwards so much the easier, all you have to do is do a medium finisher and they'll walk into it

and lexx brought up a good point;)

That strat may work wonders but in a dueling game with no force powers on you see how cheap the move is. It gets so frustrating dwindling some a$$fighters hp down so low to the point where you KNOW 1 more good hit will kill him, and bang he get luckys and connects with a backstab.

I agree that yeah they should obviously reduce the dmg on this. it really gets boring, and it makes me really mad to see how great ppl think they are at JK2 after they win like 4 duels in a row by spamming this move.

You guys should really check out the 1.04 mod.... backsweeps are pretty much ineffectual, you've gotta be damn lucky to get a kill with one.

Also, look for a server with the "Ghoul2" enabled. Backsweeps are blockable in them.

-0z-

Yes, it's annoying when all someone uses is backstab. When someone walks backwards, I love it. Either do the medium finisher or kick/push them and throw your saber and follow up with a lunge. They leave themselves very vulnerable.

Originally posted by Glimmer

Yes, it's annoying when all someone uses is backstab. When someone walks backwards, I love it. Either do the medium finisher or kick/push them and throw your saber and follow up with a lunge. They leave themselves very vulnerable.

The part about pull is a BAD idea. You will pull them toward you ass first and they will backstab you dead as a doornail.

I agreed, the game has become one giant backsweep/backstab-a-thon. When it's 5x as effective as anything else, it's no wonder everyone uses it now.

Originally posted by CrazyLegsMC

That strat may work wonders but in a dueling game with no force powers on you see how cheap the move is. It gets so frustrating dwindling some a$$fighters hp down so low to the point where you KNOW 1 more good hit will kill him, and bang he get luckys and connects with a backstab.

I agree that yeah they should obviously reduce the dmg on this. it really gets boring, and it makes me really mad to see how great ppl think they are at JK2 after they win like 4 duels in a row by spamming this move.

erm, i do play a lot of no force.....i've rarely get killed by somebody pulling off a lucky backstab...why? because they're walking backwards...they don't see what's going on so all you gotta do is perform another finisher on them or get outta the ****ing way, if somebody is running backwards and you allow them to get close enough to backstab you, you deserve to be dead

I find that medium backsweep is far more common than a backstabber for a good reason.... Backsweep attacks 360º, while backstab only attack behind you.... I think if they change the backsweeps to backstabs it would be much more balanced.

use kick. I will kick if someone runs backwards at me. not only does this usually knock them down, it sets you up for a nice 3 hit combo if they fall down after the kick

kick, then lunge and then saber throw. 90 points of damage.

i'm trying to join a clan right now that strictly fights honorably, no cheap moves at all. i THINK they use that ghoul 2 mod, or something that keeps you from being extremely cheap. you cant pull anyone down on their servers or even jump and do the blue special. you can still do some easy kill/hit moves, but no one in the clan does.

i enjoy a cheap fight as well, but the need to master all the regular strikes and combos of the lightsaber really makes this game fun as hell, in my opinion.

but we are the minority, and raven and lucasarts make their profits from the majority...

I really didnt mean for this to be some kinda strategy thread. Regaurdless of whether there are counters or not. The fact remiains. 70% of all saber kills are done with the backsweep or backstab. Why because its the only saber tactic that really kills anyone. NOW dont everyone jump up an say that there are more i am being general here. With the autoblocking unless your acutally swinging and take a hit in swing the autoblocking will take all the blow most of the time you might loose a few shield points then maybe a few hit points. But i have tested this autoblock with bots and users alot. If you dont attack and keep your crosshair on your target, avoid any lundges backsweeps and DFA's you can survive almost indefinatly. We need a patch badly this game is ruined.

Originally posted by shmacdonald's

i'm trying to join a clan right now that strictly fights honorably, no cheap moves at all. i THINK they use that ghoul 2 mod, or something that keeps you from being extremely cheap. you cant pull anyone down on their servers or even jump and do the blue special. you can still do some easy kill/hit moves, but no one in the clan does.

i enjoy a cheap fight as well, but the need to master all the regular strikes and combos of the lightsaber really makes this game fun as hell, in my opinion.

but we are the minority, and raven and lucasarts make their profits from the majority...

well if that clan doesn't work for you, try out for Jedi Headquarters (i'm the leader)

you can check out our servers if you like (in my sig) where leelink and i try to keep the spammers, etc out

i havnt played multiplayer much but what i have played i have seen this and it is kinda frustrating as a beginner. I personnally think the only 1 hit = kill move should be the Strong finisher because its so hard to actually hit someone with that with all the time it takes... or maybe thats just me.

Originally posted by Romeo53

i havnt played multiplayer much but what i have played i have seen this and it is kinda frustrating as a beginner. I personnally think the only 1 hit = kill move should be the Strong finisher because its so hard to actually hit someone with that with all the time it takes... or maybe thats just me.

you'd be amazed at how easy it is to get a kill from it

especially if its a FFA and a whole bunch of people are fighting in a group, just do one DFA and you'll kill up to 5 people!

when we talk about ass-runners, what about those who crouch and wait for one to come near them, so they can make an uppercut?? that is also extremely boring...however i normally just throw the saber at them if they are sitting or ass-running

Originally posted by Whakapapa

when we talk about ass-runners, what about those who crouch and wait for one to come near them, so they can make an uppercut?? that is also extremely boring...however i normally just throw the saber at them if they are sitting or ass-running

well they kinda just told you what they will do, right?

you know that a light stance lunge will be used

these people are extremely easy to counter because it isn't a surprise, you can do many things

-well timed medium finisher

-heavy diagonal attack

-get behind them or to their side and they will miss completely with a light stance lunge

-simple keep moving so that a light stance lunge can't hit you

-side kick them

-hit 'em with a death from above

-...many more but i would rather move onto the next person to help than keep posting (look for my saber guide when it comes out)

backsweep IS a problem still tho... backstab seems slow enough that it can easily be actively avoided... but the sweep is so fast (the upsweep part of it) that if you get close enough, all they have to do is turn quickly, press back+attack in red stance, and you're dead instantly (this seems to happen in less than half a second with practiced players)...

when i'm in a game where i've been so careful as to avoid this and many other common effective moves, and move in at the opportune time to whittle down the opponent's health, then it's annoying to have a 10 or 15 minute duel finally end with me still on or near full health, then to die with one instant move (one reason why i avoid using this move myself, i know how annoying it is being on the other end!!!)

i'm not complaining about a type of player who does this all the time... in fact, it's due to their varied repertoire that makes it harder to pick when it'll happen... i know that if i wanted to simply win a lot of the time i could use this move (haha, and i have to admit to doing this in times of frustration!!!), but the fights are far less realistic and fun if this move simply dominates the game over every other move... and so the results do not reflect the skill really involved in the rest of the battle...

my 2c worth,

Karismatik

Archived