Home

Help Needed; RE: Yoda

sithlord-II

my mod is open source since the beginning so ....

(TCK rgb saber mod)

well i think i will release the source yes.

Well i could refuse and my mod would be the "only" mod being able to scale the models and everyone would have to download and play with my mod (nice :) ) ....

Or maybe i could give it to the jk2 fan mod and so the jk2fan mod would become even more popular and become THE reference mod. (the jk2fan mod includes my mod ,not the last version but..)

BUT i'm NOT like this !

i will release my mod open source and every newbie will rip my work lol !

I'm glad to help the community and first of all i don't create my mod for the others but FOR ME !

if nobody wants to play my mod then i don't really care....

(it s good to have support and people telling you you're doing a good job but i can live without :) )

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool.. Since you seem to be one of the few who has figured out the G2 stuff, it would definitely be a help for those of us who don't completely understand the source code yet.

Of course, anyone who uses your source code *should* credit you, but that's a different issue.

On behalf of other n00b mod programmers out there, thanks :).

*hooo-kepahhhh*

:vadar:

So, Admiral Tchouky, you haven't failed...

*walks away, turns behind and looks at him.. thinks of choking him to death, but he doesn't :)*

*hooo-kepahhh*

You have done a really Great Job for the community... I'll not kill you :)

:vadar:

*hoooo-kepaahhh*

good news :)

I got everything to work including scaling the corpes of the deads :)

everything is working and i think it could pretty much be released ...

i'll wait for the yoda model to be finished thought !

(there is a bug on the model btw => when you crouch the robe goes a little under the floor ...)

(with or without scaling.)

here is a pic :

yoda.jpg

you'll notice that yoda's saber is shorter than luke's :p

Hi my name is eze ckel . I have two questions, 1 About how much longer till yoda comes out anyone know? 2 in the picture of yoda i see the hp and armor and also the force amout altered is this a download if so were can i get it, if not how do i set it up

thx

:jawa

Tchouky, you... you gotta gif my fren..., (bad deniro impression)

Anyway, yoda looks too big, watch ESB, luke had to carry him around. He's SMALL. (i would guess 2/3 the size he is in the screenshot, probably 1/3 the size of a human, imo)

Tchouky has become one with the code.

Originally posted by ezeckel

Hi my name is eze ckel . I have two questions, 1 About how much longer till yoda comes out anyone know? 2 in the picture of yoda i see the hp and armor and also the force amout altered is this a download if so were can i get it, if not how do i set it up

thx

1 > don't really know my mod is finished and i will release it before SUNDAY ! (coz i leave sunday :( )

2 > it's a cvar cg_hudfiles 1

Originally posted by snakeeyesa27

Tchouky, you... you gotta gif my fren..., (bad deniro impression)

Anyway, yoda looks too big, watch ESB, luke had to carry him around. He's SMALL. (i would guess 2/3 the size he is in the screenshot, probably 1/3 the size of a human, imo)

when my mod is loaded, the server can modify the scale of everymodel with a file.

and set the scale to whatever he wants but i limited the range from 50% to 150% to avoid cheats or map problems.

on the screenshots the model is 60% the normal size

:D:rofl:

I just wanted to say thx for answering my questions, also props to you both on a job well done this is going to be a very played model by me. The factor of size of yoda being hard to hit and harder for him to hit others means nothing to me ill be just as good with his size of saber and body once i try him out a bit and im sure many pros will too.

Thx agian, ezeckel

tchouky, glad to know that there are people like you who are not only knowledgeable enough to tackle an issue like this one, but that you're also generous enough to share it with the community. i guarantee that you are forever in debt for many people in the jkII community. THANKS!

have you thought of possibly putting together some kind of tutorial so that we n00bs can really understand what's with all this coding thing?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Guys, I was one of the naysayers, I have seen the light man, I just wanna thank ALL of the people who have worked so very hard on this project to get it out (or will, SOON i hope). You guys rock and deserve all of the gratitude in the world for making probalby one of the most famed models fans have built in a video game in a long time.

I cant wait to play as my favorite jedi, and I thank you all for making this a possibility.

Peace.

Like Tchouky said,

(i always win it may take time but i always find a way!)

With computers and knowledge, anything in the programming is crackable.. it just a matter time, and Tchoucky had more patience than the computer, so :p for PC's, and :D for Tcoucky (starts up the victory music from when Anakin won the PodRace) WHOO HAA WHOO HA!!! lol

**EDIT** For those having trouble with accessing the website, I have uploaded a copy of the yoda image so hopefully that will help out!

http://www.geocities.com/dmccarthy100/yoda.jpg

to view the pic, either add a question mark (?) at the end of the link, or remove the http:// from the beginning... or even remove the www

tchouky, glad to know that there are people like you who are not only knowledgeable enough to tackle an issue like this one, but that you're also generous enough to share it with the community. i guarantee that you are forever in debt for many people in the jkII community. THANKS!

I couldn't say thanks any better than that. I agree whole-heartedly Adillion.

Tremendous job Tchouky!

With all this excitement, I believe even the Yoda Team could get swept away by it.

My suggestion for the entire team: Use patience and adjust everything the way you would like it berfore the product is released. Feel the force flow through you, and focus on the task at hand.

Tchouky, the force is with you.

-nomad

just out of curiousity, where did that yoda image come from? who has the yoda model, currently? so far i have only sent it out, at proper size, to kinja, tchouky, and one other person. I just want to make sure of where these screens are coming from.

sithlord-ii

Am I to assume that if other mods have scaling model abilities or rgb saber colours, that they obviously have taken your code? Because you do know that most of the stuff in your mod isn't that advanced.

The mod I'm working on already has those things. We've been working on those aspects of the mod for nearly 2 months now, we never had to use your code to do them. But I'm assuming that I'm about to be flamed for being a liar and steeling code. Am I right?

Archived