Home

Any honorable players out there?

JCronic

I consider myself an honorable player. I dont use scripts and I dont spam moves.

I never attack somebody with there sabers down or if they are using the console. Usually if I see somebody attack someone with saber down or console on, I try to go defend them and attack the attacker. I hate seeing when people are using the console, and somebody just sneaks up behind them and backstabs them from behind. Thats real cheap. But this i just a game. But I like to play some sort good or bad role in the game. Thats kinda what helps make MP fun.

How does everybody else play? Good or Evil :)

I totaly agree, the first time i played FFA online, there was lots of BSers, and the leader had many points just because he killed people that was typing. I had the same reaction as JCronic, and cut down the bastard whenever i saw him hitting on someone that was typing...

Those things really spoils the game sometimes, but it would get even worse if they made it so that you were invincible when you had the console up, because then the same dishonorable guys would click the chat button as soon as they were attacked...

I guess we´ll have to live with it, that a few doesnt care about honor and reputation...

Yup.

Only time my honour has been questioned was when I was fighting a protracted battle with another, who near the end ran away. So I followed. Then went into a blind corner, turned (sabre still on) and dropped the chat bubble. So I light thrust them to the grave they deserved :D They started with the whole "d00d, that was lame, my monitor was acting up" thing. Then, when I explained that I don't let people I'm fighting run away to heal up, they decided to "Plague me for the rest of the game." They then backstabed me once while I was making a duel challenge (sabre off) and let lose with a "There!" as I laughed about it.

Some people have very fragile egos... :D

TFFA or CTF, I kill anyone with a console up. I don't do it from behind... I do it from the front or the side (good to test the blocking), sometimes from the back... you know, the closest side...

I only respect the console in Duel mode. There shouldn't be any time to type in CTF/TFFA anyway...

And you really have to be an idiot to go attack someone who has a sabre down in a TFFA/CTF... 95% of the time, those people are waiting to pull/backslash you as you "advance"...

I try and play an honerable duel.

Don't backstab, too much :(

Always bow and don't attack when other ppl are bowing.

Don't spam moves.

Usually don't attack with the saber down, but some ppl lower their saber just to get closer to you. So if they come near me I attack, unless they say not to and are believeable.

Don't run away and hide in the middle of a battle.

Usually don't attack after beating someone in a lock up, but if I'm hurting, they attack me when I'm down, or they use generally bad tactics they're dead.

The only really bad thing I do, that ppl really seem to hate, is playing very defencivly. I don't mean I just sit there and wait for them to attack, well sometimes I do, but I generally prefur to just react(Slice them up) and break away from the fray. Some people say I run when I break away, but I helps me watch them better and helps me cut down on those sudden bs's the other person might try. Other ppl also like to try the wait out approch, but generally after 3 mins of staring me down and people tend to give up.

Yea I guess that last one is kinda lame.

I'm with you 100%, JCronic. I had my saber down last night trying to initiate a duel with someone and this bonehead comes out of nowhere and takes me out. The only thing that bothers me about stuff like that is that fact that people just don't get it. Makes me wonder if they yield to right of way when driving and things like that. Doubt it. They probably think the world owes them something.

I would have to say I play both ways.

If I am in FFA I usually will leave those people who have their, sabers down or their consoles on, alone. However if you type too much trash, or refuse a duel and have been standing there for a long (10 minutes or more) time doing nothing, I will take you out.

If I beat you in a duel and I am accused of cheating because you don't like that I thru my saber or that I used heavy stance or any other dumb reason, I will cut you down everytime I see you. If you want special conditions in a duel tell me before the duel, not after I kicked you butt.

In TFFA or CTF I kill anything that isn't my color. I can't stand people who think that because they have to chat that I will allow them behind me by walking past them. I used to do that but after getting DFA'd or missled in the back enough times you learn that being nice is stupid in Team competition. If you need to chat go back to your base or at least a good hiding spot and chat all you want.

i am a honourable player, for instance

1. If someone wishes to bow before dueling i will appreciate it and bow back as with any other things they do, i will nvr attack peeps with there lightsaber down, console screen up or typing, or i will never sneak behind them and backstab, back sweep as soon as they finished typing!

One thing I have noticed about "honor".

I find it funny how a person can bow out of "respect", but the first time you kill them in a way they don't deem fit, these very same "honorable" players launch into a "ghey-lame-n00b-can't you do anything else?" tirade.

Bottom line, bow or no bow, saber off kills or not, if you flame another player because he/she noticed a flaw and then took advantage of that flaw in your strategy and/or play style, you have no honor. Period.

I don't consider it honor really, more like respect, but I adhere too what people have posted here in FFA, duel, team FFA.

Although, in CTF, I do not adhere to that ruleset and will attack players whether they have saber down or console up.

My server rules:

"No INTENTIONAL chat killing, saber down killing, assfighting, or harassing."

Due to the mod running, assfighting isn't possible, but either way, you still get kicked for trying to do it a lot. :)

Rage and Honor (GSD)

65.113.116.20:28072

A good clean hit to me is striking you down while bowing at the start, or better still when you are typing in the console, i got a good one last night on a duel server:

"One sec my mobiles ringing"

My reply "ok np"

10 seconds later he was bantha Fodder

I have a key boud to:

" you are foolish to lower your guard against me boy " It's perfect for those bowing rituals at the start :D

Another good one:

"How many HP you on?"

My answer is simple, add 50 to what you really have :p and if given the chance strike him down while he is typing.

I am an Honourable player for the Dark Side, Darth Vader would be proud. BEWARE!

I'm one of the cheapest saber wielders you'll ever meet ...

well only against AI ;)

I jump up right at the start and use something like force pull and upsy daisy! ..... what goes up, must go SPLAT!!! :lol:

well alright, i strategize.....

one little tactic i want to perfect is this:

a guy comes running at me with his lightsaber... i take mine out and walk forward casually.....as soon as he's about to hit, if he's in a slower lightsaber style... i'll jump to the side and slash him in the face..... bwahahahaha...

oh spoot, i just ruined my plan, now you all know about it!! >_<

:lol:

well I have a lot more up my sleeve ;)

hmmm one thing I really want to perfect in a lightsaber fight is this:

PING PONG!!!

one guy shoots a laser bolt at one guy, and they keep deflecting it till some1 gets hit!

:rotfl:

well I only use my console or heal or what not if i'm "safe" ... like I'd go hide behind something (like a better player than me)

I fight to win, baby, honorable or not ;)

a lot of ppl complain OOOOHHH, you used that cheap little lightsaber defense (or any other move).. bah, if yuo can't beat some1 ... then YOU suck, not them... ;)

I rarely like to use force powers.....except I might jump and roll around a lot ... i'd rather not jump though it makes you vulnerable to force attacks..... hehe

I like to run on the walls and do wall jumps a lot...

and use that move in the orange stance where you fly over their heads and cut through them with the saber... i'm in for dramatics ;)

oh yeah, and I like to use force grip to toss everyone around like little rag dolls ... bwahahahahahaha

i'm not cheap... i don't slash ppl with their lightsaber down............................... I SHOOT THEM !

well alright I'm jsut kidding I fight just as I want to be fought...

like in Tribes 2, I got the game when it came out..

and a few months ago (before I stopp playing and began to suck horribly) I was pretty damn good, I could kill everyone on the server at least a couple times...

but, I had a 56k ... so I played against at most 20 ppl at a time >_<

but, when i started to go up to 1000 ping..... to 5000 ping..... to my whopping 22,000 ping the whole damn server is on me

... all i see is EVERYONE shooting at me, i can't even move cuz i'm lagging... and they say "oooh, you suck, you damn newbie" .. and then when they started to gather around me so much that they started lagging " get the hell out of here you moron, you're a newbie and a lagger, you suck, you suck, you can't kill me! "

... :lol: I just laughed at him... everyone on every server ..well, any Tribes 2 players? ... ya know that duel mod thing? ... where tqwo teams have to kill eachother and when you die you have to wait till the round ends? ... well a lot of times I'm the last one on my team and win and still "you suck, that was lucky!" ... lucky? :p ...

well, and soimetimes i say "brb, phone" .... come back, and poof i'm dead.....

ok now then blah blah blah ... you're welcome, I hope you had as much fun wasting valuable seconds of your life reading this post as I had typing it ;)

I wanna apply the same thing here... i don't like it when some1 takes advantage of some1 because they're typing or lagging and can't fight back...

While honor may have no place in a game, RESPECT can be carried into every aspect of your life. Play by server rules. And respect the wishes of the players in the servers you frequant.

Actually, just do whatver the hell you want. I'm not your boss, am I? I do what I said above though. If a server has rules I think I simply CANNOT abide by, I'm off to another.

Archived