Home

IRC #grim-fandango

Tall Guy

I just thought I would let people know (who don't already!) about the GF IRC channel #grim-fandango on DALnet. Thrik explains it better then me so this little guide about how to get connected is taken from his site, http://www.fusion.grimfandango2.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IRC Chat..

So you want to get involved with the community in real time, eh? It's easy! Simply follow these steps and you'll be connected in no time!

Go to the mIRC website and pick up the latest version.

Open it up, take a look at the obvious options. For example your name, etc. Set them up, press ok, then close mIRC up completely. Make the name original!!

Click this link: Connect me to DALNET!

Now you should have an open copy of mIRC, and be connected to the DALNET IRC server. This is the hardest part (yes still is amazingly easy)

Type this into the thin bar at the bottom of the screen: /join #grim-fandango

Now, if there's anyone around you'll be able to talk and enjoy the people's company ;)

If you see someone called something like 'ADKWGVO' in there, make sure you say 'hello'! You can converse with those people for hours.

Of course, the conversation may not be very stimulating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Although most of you probably think I'm dead, you can find me or my little bot friend (Thrik[gone]) which fills in for me when offline on IRC.

The only problem is that I happen to think Dalnet is crappy, so I use Gamesnet. :D

If you want to get a channel on Gamesnet it would probably get more people than on Dalnet. We could invite the people from #jediknight and such over.

Anyway, you can find me on irc.gamesnet.net in #gamesnet or (better) #jediknight.

Click to connect.

Also I promise than eventually I will make a 'comeback' with Grim Fandango Fusion. I've been a bit of an idiot by not updating it and leaving Tall Guy to do all the work. I'll probably redesign it, then work on sorting out all the sections.

I've let myself get too preoccupied with other projects and have let GF slide due to there never being any amazing news about it. Sorry. :(

Originally posted by Thrik

Also I promise than eventually I will make a 'comeback' with Grim Fandango Fusion. I've been a bit of an idiot by not updating it and leaving Tall Guy to do all the work. I'll probably redesign it, then work on sorting out all the sections.

no worry's mate :)

• 1 month later...

Archived