Home

The dual saber cometh

Dest

Rut is right, you need to go to http://www.geocities.com/dmccarthy100 and get a real copy.. from there, you just need to extract the files BACK into your gamedata folder aka the JediMod folder when you use "use Folder names" then you need to go into the autoexec.cfg and add this line

seta mod_debugcheats 1

this will make everything but the doubleblade work

to get THAT to work

add this line

seta mod_dualblade 1 (for one doubleblade, 2 for 2 doubleblades)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rut-wa jodar

sounds like you downloaded the beta version instead of v1.0 because the main jedimod.pk3 file should be over 2.5 mb

actually, v1 is only 1.83mb. i hope dest allows movement when taunting, in the future. as well as fixing the bug that freezes a person if they're choked when sitting. as well as the other little things.

Originally posted by nomad

I'm in the same boat as rut-wa jodar

I've done all the things you've said. I also had it working in the original tckmod. Is it just missing or is there something else we've got to do now?

-nomad

yep exactly the same here had it working perfectly in tchouky's mod but someone has taken it out for some reason.

is anyone having any problems with the colors for the double lightsabers? i go to setup and to the tck mod thing and change the color but it never shows up... it's still the regular blue or red... can someone help? i've enabled the saber colors but it still doesn't do anything....

EDIT: the tck color mod works when i'm playing in FFA but it doesn't work in TFFA and i usually play TFFA...

hmmm

The version I have is the exact same size as the one you're saying to download. I think I have the correct version. Also, when I unzip it, I just right click, extract to here and then I copy and paste into the gamedata folder. I get no such options about "use folder names", I've never had to deal with that option.

"Curious"

But you're telling me if I go about it this way (the way you mentioned), then botdoublesaber can be enabled and will work?

I'll give it a go then.

Thanks for the help and this is still a truly great mod.

-nomad

MTFBWY

this mod is great, I love everything (exept that you can't see when in mrbig mode)

this would get a lot better if you made more things like /kiss /sit /stand /etc, bla bla bla. How about float, fly, dance, swim, punch (in that hydroball mod), play dead, fart 0_o and some other fun things ^_^

Originally posted by nomad

I'm in the same boat as rut-wa jodar

I've done all the things you've said. I also had it working in the original tckmod. Is it just missing or is there something else we've got to do now?

-nomad

I heard somewhere that the reason bot`s can`t use maul like double sabers is because of some conflicting bug in the source code. can anyone verify that ??

In TFFA and TCTF the colors will ALWAYS be just red and blue.. that is a hard coded line in the source code... well, actually, i dont know bout that, but I know that the line in the source code for gameplay overrides the TCK TGB saber color mod...

In TFFA and TCTF the colors will ALWAYS be just red and blue.. that is a hard coded line in the source code... well, actually, i dont know bout that, but I know that the line in the source code for gameplay overrides the TCK TGB saber color mod...

i was able to use the tck tgb saber color mod before in TFFA but not while using the jedimod... does anyone know why it won't work?

i am not seeing 2 sabers...

i have the mod working, well i thought i did, what do i need to do to get 2 sabers, the 2 new stances work just fine. but i want another saber ...

o yeah, it is v1.0 (just thought i would let u know)

to get the sabers working, you need to make sure you have the for them activated.. to do so, you need to have a line in either the autoexec.cfg or another cfg that tells the Game this:

seta mod_dualsaber 1 ///this will activate the dual sabers

also make sure to have these lines JIC

seta mod_debugcheats 1

seta mod_dualblade 1 (or 2 if you want dual doublebladed sabers)

seta mod_emotes 1

seta scaleModels 1 (if you want to scale the models to the sizes as listed in the tck.cfg file located in the JediMod folder. )

hope that helps!!!!

well, i was me being dumb, i had to first switch to the one handed styles to get the thing to work (DUH!).

so yeah it works now, ty for your help

i had seta mod_dualsaber 1 in the autoexec.cfg

but i will add the other stuff as well, this mod rules!

//======================

//tchouky's autoexec.cfg

//======================

seta tck_saber 1

seta tck_dualcolor 1

seta tck_red1 9

seta tck_green1 0

seta tck_blue1 160

seta tck_red2 255

seta tck_green2 255

seta tck_blue2 0

seta g_botdoublesaber 0

seta g_enabledoublesaber 1

seta g_enableextended 1

seta mod_dualsaber 1

seta mod_debugcheats 1

seta mod_dualblade 1

seta mod_emotes 1

seta mod_tckcolors 1

the above is the contents of autoexec.cfg.

my saber colors are still red. i would like to know what i need to do to get them to change... do i need another mod? (besides JediMod v1.0)

i also tried to change them in game but that did no good either.

well that's great Dest !

You're doing a great job!

Can you send me your source code ?

i'd really like to see it !

martin.tck@wanadoo.fr

thx

by the way how the selectable hilt mod is going ?

i worked on it but i had a problem with the saber throw....

Well i have only one thing to say :

keep it up !

(argh it's horrible, 2 months without pc i can't stand it !!!!)

Originally posted by Tchouky

well that's great Dest !

You're doing a great job!

Can you send me your source code ?

i'd really like to see it !

martin.tck@wanadoo.fr

thx

by the way how the selectable hilt mod is going ?

i worked on it but i had a problem with the saber throw....

Well i have only one thing to say :

keep it up !

(argh it's horrible, 2 months without pc i can't stand it !!!!)

I think Dest is away for a week or so

You can find the source code here

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?3952

Archived