Home

how do you fight?

darthbong

Just a quick question for you all, whats your stratagy? i.e. sabers or guns? light or dark? whitch stance? whitch force powers? etc.

Personaly I play on the Light side of the force with the strong (red) stance as I would prefer landing a few well placed strong hits rather than frantic light hits. As for the force I rely mainly on prtect and heal being light i'm more of a defences force user and a offence saber user.

I play FF duels so guns really don't apply, but when I do go on a FFA server I don't use them. Nothing wrong with the people who do, I just prefer taking people down up close rather than from a distance.

I use Light side because the benefits of absorb/protect in a duel are quite high to say the least.

My play style is a sort of aggressive counter-attack type.

I do a lot of things that may look like attacks, but in reality are just "feints" to make you open your defenses.

In duels, the "Rambo" game play style found on FFA servers will get you killed quickly. You have to wait or (like I do) make your opponent do something that puts them in a position to be attacked.

I am something of a combo-junkie though.

I will take a person down with a pull/kick, but rather than follow it up with a backstab, I'll go into a saber throw>second kick>DFA for no other reason than it looks cool as Hell.

my strategy: i play at medium (yellow) stance, and do all the cool flips and stuff, than i turn to red and finnish them (well, sometimes, most of the times the finish me :ball: )

I use the dark side, lighting if there are many people in front of me, and frip if i fight only one, in the game, i mostly try to be cool, with the fun flips and the saber trow around you, and not to forget, the kicking ;P

Depends , Since I play Jedi vs merc vs sith , it depends on which of the 3 I play. with a Merc I grapple to a ledge (no where unreachable mind you) and Snipe , or I let a Sith/Jedi charge at me and drop a detpack at my feet and quickly grapple away just as they get to me and detonate it.. as Sith I use Drain and Grip+Push alot along with saber techniques, as Jedi I keep absorb on at all times and do my best with a saber :)

Woo! im a Pit Droid now!

Originally posted by Kurgan

Depends on the situation... I use whatever is at hand to take them down. I watch what they do and try to counter it.

LOL, that's me in a nutshell. I've used this strategy in most games I play.

Learn from your mistakes and capitalize on those of others, says us :thrawn:

Saber, NF (mostly), with combos and counter attacks. My personal belief is that a duel should not last more than a few blows...aka, old school samurai (Yojimbo, Seven Samurai). I have no prob with finishers and those who wish to use them. :) Rep

I'm not that good with saber. (partialy because I frankly think multiplayer

saber is boring and very sucky. Ive had better melee fights

in pred vs. pred deathmatch in AVP2 so there is not much incentive to practice)

The other two stances arnt bad but i find red especialy hard to use.

I almost never use it unless the person is dirtacted by someone else and

i can set up the swing carfuly. I dont realy undertand the apeal of it for genral use, if the person blocks, even if their saber gets knocked to the side

they have recoved defence or just backed away long before you can attack again.

I use a lot of weapon switching since many ppl cant deal with that very well.

You would be surprised how long it takes most ppl to react to a sudden

change in the ammo getting flung their way.

I use Guns mostly, though i do use saber (mostly for defence)

I try to play cautiosly until i have a good selection of weapons then I go hunting.

There are few things as satifying as having someone attack you in red stance

and as he is winding up for a swing puttin away yer saber, pullin out the

trusty E-11 and pumping his chest full of alt-fire

:lsduel:...have :saberg: switch to :charric: =:explode:

On jedi vs merc servers, if I have no explosives or sniper weapons and I encounter a jedi I'll switch to blaster rifle and wait for him to slash or throw his saber at me then side-strafe and shoot him while he's open. it's a bitch to execute cause once you kill someone with it they're weary of the same strategy next time.

However, if I have a gun that'll do some damage and not get blocked I strafe and move around alot while firing at their feet. Usually gets the job done.

I only play games with Force Power Rating of JK or JM.

I Max out Jump

I Max out Push

I use the Dark side for Lighting (also maxed)

Saber stance is :saberb: , but i dont like it that much, mostly i backstab w/t the saber or take it out and use Saber Throw.

I like guns, I prefer either sniping or geting up in yo face with the Golan Arms. Favoirte gun is the Imperial Heavy Repeter or Missle Lancher, Favoite saber color is Yellow, most comonly used model is Jedi Trainer.

I use the stance that fits the situation, i have never played with guns online as its not wot im after.

I love duel servers, used to play CTF constantly until the backstabbing got so bad that i left it and went to find some real fights.

I would say that im aggressive, and i try to stay pretty close to intimidate them, i bluff moves alot to see how they would attempt to counter it then either perform the move (knowing wot they will do) and counter thier attack, or try something different.

The 1st 2 minutes of my duels is me learning my opponent.

Occasionally i find someone who has the same style as me, its always a learning curve when u find them people. i found 1 the other day his name was Markrian, i enjoyed fighting him as he was more or less the same skill lvl.

The best way to learn is to fight people that are better that have the right attitude to give you some tips.

P.s. last night was the 1st time i saw someone cheating in this game, twas a sad night :(

We were both standing there and he was quite far away, he did a forward lunge and took 20 health of meh, i was in shock, because he was so far away from me, also the sound of the damage was like a punch sound effect, of course i gave him ****, but he said it was just for show. :eyeraise:

I usually stick to lightside and lightsaber. :saberb:

Depends on the situations. Sometimes you've just gotta do the Han Solo thing and run around with blasters blazing. ;P

Only play MP against bots though. Last time I went online it took me 15 minutes to get on and froze as I got in. Glad nothing like that's happened in my love life ;)

:gben:The Force will be with you, always.

Archived