Home

The (Red Stance) DFA Killer!

Son of Calypso

*If anyone doesn't know what DFA is, it is: Death From Above*

Do you hate to get DFA'd?

Is DFA getting you down?

Would you like to know a way to counter DFA?

Then if you answered, "yes" to this read on...

Otherwise, read on...

BackStory: I did this on a FFA/SO server full of clansmen who's identity will remain anonymous. We where on the Heli at the Streets and there was 6 Clansmen rallied together Dueling one another. I sat back and watched a few minutes and waited for their Leader to challenge and win a match. After he won I then jumped in front of him and challenged him to a Duel. He accepted and the first move me tried to nail me with was (red stance) DFA, right off the bat! I simply stepped back in Yellow Stance and performed my own Y/DFA as soon as he was about to land his R/DFA...heh. What a suprise it was to him when I jumped above him and downward sliced him to his death. You should have heard the moans and groans of his young Padawans, it was priceless! 8^)

Here is the tactic;

1) Yellow Stance

2) Make sure you are in front of the R/DFA'er just enough not to get hit when he or she lands.

3) As soon as they are about to land in front of you make sure your crosshairs are on them.

4) Then tap forward, jump & attack all at the same time.

5) SHCHWING! If done correctly you would have dodged their DFA and hit killed them with your DFA.

*I'm not sure what the correct term is for the Y/DFA, as I call it. But if anyone knows, please feel free to correct me.*

I'm not sure how much damage this move causes and if it is a REAL, 'Death' From Above. It could have been that the guy I did this to was already weakend and not at full strength to begin with.

If anyone knows exactly how much damage this move does? Please Reply! I'm very curious to know.

That is a nice idea though. It looks really cool when you lift off the ground where your opponent's saber hits the floor and slice him downwards. :thumbsup:

However, it is rather risky because the move leaves you open for a while. Especially if there's other players around close (in FFA). I think it's nice in duels or to fight in a stylish way.

All the other counters you've mentioned are great also but I've seen the most effective one by a very skilled player lately, he had it down to perfection:

Just make a small side step, to avoid the dfa, one step forward, turn slightly to the right. Now your opponent should be crouching (end of dfa animation) right behind you. Now guess what: red backsweep. He's dead 100%.

The guy I saw doing this was just amazing. When I fought him alone and would do a dfa from some distance, so that he could dodge it, I was dead. Always. Again and again.

I mean, I can deal with the guys who make one step backwards and then throw, no problem, you take damage but hey, it was worth a try.

With this guy, there was no trying, I was dead like every single time unless I forced him to dodge with a roll or something so that he couldn't immediately close in on me.

It is effective but it kinda resolves in backsweep spamming so Y/DFA is probably way more stylish.

Oh by the way, the yellow dfa does 80-180 damage, depending on how long the saber stays in the body of your opponent.

Originally posted by Bluezman

It is effective but it kinda resolves in backsweep spamming so Y/DFA is probably way more stylish.

Yeah, but still, I prefer my blue lunge method. If they use DFA often, they're as good as dead in a 1 on 1.

whenever somebody does a DFA on me i'll do one of a number of things

1. Saber Throw (and back up), i use this if i don't have enough time to do something else

2. Kick, works quite well, might even knock em down:)

3. Light Stance Lunge, works well because it's fast, does about 60 damage and has lotsa range

4. Backstab, just run up to the guy and turn around....:cool:

5. DFA, i'll do one of the finishers on THEM while they're in the recovery period that they can't move around in:p

I'll usually just deliver 30 hp yellow swing, or if the player is quite bad, do the same thing and kick as well for 50 damage in total.

Backstabbing those poor souls dfa'ing all over is a bit cheap IMHO...

But lunge sounds good, except I can't do a quick lunge if my life depended on it.... :(

Originally posted by cjais

I'll usually just deliver 30 hp yellow swing, or if the player is quite bad, do the same thing and kick as well for 50 damage in total.

Backstabbing those poor souls dfa'ing all over is a bit cheap IMHO...

But lunge sounds good, except I can't do a quick lunge if my life depended on it.... :(

We'll practice your lunges tonight me and you! ;)

*lol*, LUNGE could be mistaken for soooo many things....

"We're gonna practice your lunges tonight!".... *cough*I'm outta here *lol*...

"I'm gonna lunge till 5 am!" gawd, somebody stop me!

Ahem.... *cough* Return to your usual posts people. *cough*

Originally posted by cjais

*lol*, LUNGE could be mistaken for soooo many things....

"We're gonna practice your lunges tonight!".... *cough*I'm outta here *lol*...

"I'm gonna lunge till 5 am!" gawd, somebody stop me!

Ahem.... *cough* Return to your usual posts people. *cough*

LOL I thought the same thing but I didn't wanna go there :D :D :D

That's like code language...

"C'mon, do that backsweep to me... oh yes, right there..."

OMG, I better go to sleep now... :eyeraise:

Archived