Home

Poor music quality? (not game related)

manny_c444

IS it just me or is new music starting to suck? I don't kno whats playing on the radio where you guys are at but here in the USA its just alot of Shock Rock and Eminem and its starting to get to me. I can't even stand to listen to the radio because of garbage like this.

Oh well, thanks to file sharing I can just listen to Radiohead and mid-90's grunge all day when I want.

What about in Europe?

Yup, same old pop / nu metal crap, only with some acts from European bands thrown in.

The UK Indie scene isn't bad, Oasis are making a comeback and I don't mind Badly Drawn Boy / Stereophonics / Daft Punk, but other than that, there's no reason to watch MTV.

New music always sucks. ;) It's only the definition of 'new' that changes. To some, music started to go to hell after Buddy Holly died, or maybe George Gershwin. That said, yes, the recent stuff really, really blows. It's just an endless loop of a single three-second musical (loosely speaking) phrase laced with obscenities. Street repair sounds better.

Right...

Especially those "artists" like Eminem... are they called musicians? He doesn't do music... he doesn't even SING... he just TALKS in his so called "songs"... and some other people create the music played during his talking on a computer... well, that's where music has ended up...

But at least there are still exceptions, like Matchbox 20, Santana or Phil Collins...

It's no all bad what's on radio, but it appears to be heading that way...

I happen to be a producer at Sony and I would gladly take these fantastic songs Mr. Das Jan sung and put 'em on a CD with kick ass copy protection because we suck so much.

aka

You can't really buy mainstream albums nowadays.

Originally posted by BooJaka15m

Just wait for the best new band to come out of South England: Rolling Dog! Why, just yesterday they rocked the Wedgewood Rooms and won the Battle Of The Bands competition with their amazing indie sound. Go to thier site for details! :D

Hey, not bad :D

I might get that album

It's just as shutt says.

Music today isn't bad. Commercial radio is bad and it has always been that way. Although I think it's better today then it was a couple of years ago.

Actually I don't think the "crap" played on the radio is bad. I do enjoy Kylie minogue, Eminem, Britney Spears or whatever. It's music. I love all music. But it's crap compared to really good music but it's not really a fear deal to compare a good band like Mudvayne or Pantera to a really crappy one like Creed (yuk!) or ****ing Poodle of mud since they are different worlds in quality.

I would still enjoy Creed or Puddle if they were the only choice, though.

My point? Music is never bad... Just less good.

How insightful.

Has anyone heard of Pendletones? If so... could someone please post me a track list of the album Forty Nine Percent since they appear to have split up and everything has vanished into thin air?

Thanks

Archived