Jump to content

Home

Official JKII 1.04 Patch Thread


SaberPro
 Share

Recommended Posts

also, now that the pull/bs combo isn't as effective (or so we hope) maybe that give the darkies less to complain about and hopefully the dark force population will grow. i like fighting darkies more the lighties such as myself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patch sound good so far. I do wish absorb were looked at but hey its nothing as bad as the ultra pull bsers so its not much of a problem.

 

As for the saber changes, the only other wish I would have on my list is to replace the medium special in mp with Tavions medium special from sp. Its so much better looking, and even better is that it has timing where you wont be pulled out of the animation into the regular jump animation if a person moves out of the way. But its a small thing anyways, overall this patch should be well worth the wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well... Im sorry to all of you who think this is a good idea but it really isnt. Ive learned to master the game with the BS as it was there. I know there ae alot of assfighters out there but Im not one of them. I use it to my advantage but i do not run around with my back turned to people. As well... not being able to turn in your lunge is homo. It gives a sense of aim.

 

I think that making 1.04 will just give an advantage to the newbs because they attack by blue spam which will now be harder to defend without the use of the spinning backspin in yellow and red. Plus Ill lose all my demos... I dont like this chit at all..... :monkey4:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cyris, you can still use your back stab, you just can't spin with it anymore so the swing starts off early or hit the guy multiple times.

 

If anything, it's probably still possible to us the pull/backstab combo if people are that fast, they just have to compensate for not being able to spin and swinging early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Cyris

As well... not being able to turn in your lunge is homo. It gives a sense of aim.

 

Err if you can turn in your lunge aiming becomes totally unnecessary.

 

I think that making 1.04 will just give an advantage to the newbs because they attack by blue spam which will now be harder to defend without the use of the spinning backspin in yellow and red. Plus Ill lose all my demos... I dont like this chit at all..... :monkey4:

 

a) Medium DFA

b) Forward Lunge

c) Heavy regular overhead slash

d) If they're "newbs" I'll assume they don't have absorb so... EVERY Darkside power. :)

e) The patch is to fix the damn spinning backspin you laud that's the easiest way to kill anyone now. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by HellFyre69

1 more thing about 1.04 patch

 

I'm sorry if it's been ask before? but did they take out the attack when you jump + uppercut (Blue,light stance).. thx

 

 

It's been asked and answered... pls read before posting. :(

 

If 1.03a code is anything to go by, midair lunge is pretty much gone..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah midair lunge is gone.

 

Now i heard that kicking and throw received a nerfbalacing.

 

9pt kicks and 15 pts throws for more force power.

 

This would eliminate a majority of the spammers.

 

The question is, is this true?

 

Find out tomorrow I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I can't believe this. Totally unexpected- I thought the game would never be touched again by the company.

 

The changes sound good, unfortunately, it appears that auto-block rates haven't been lowered :(. I think the increase in Auto-blocks when you have out-manuvered your opponent is what makes duels so goddamn long and is the biggest change to saber combat from the original version.

 

For those who think that your going to get backstabbed less- dream on. If they haven't lowered damage on this move you will still be getting owned. The best players don't need to get you on the ground to land it on you, they can turn and initiate it before you can move.

 

IMO backstab should as much damage as a hit from a med twirl. But, maybe they changed it so the damage varies based on the saber style you are using without annoucing it.

 

I think that the new spam move we will see on the rise is force push then DFA, since I doubt many players will max both push and pull.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Demise_SOK

Well, I can't believe this. Totally unexpected- I thought the game would never be touched again by the company.

 

The changes sound good, unfortunately, it appears that auto-block rates haven't been lowered :(. I think the increase in Auto-blocks when you have out-manuvered your opponent is what makes duels so goddamn long and is the biggest change to saber combat from the original version.

 

For those who think that your going to get backstabbed less- dream on. If they haven't lowered damage on this move you will still be getting owned. The best players don't need to get you on the ground to land it on you, they can turn and initiate it before you can move.

 

IMO backstab should as much damage as a hit from a med twirl. But, maybe they changed it so the damage varies based on the saber style you are using without annoucing it.

 

I think that the new spam move we will see on the rise is force push then DFA, since I doubt many players will max both push and pull.

 

Nope.

 

It really does prevent the assfighting - I'm using the 1.04 unofficial patch/mod on my server, and it prevents it - come on my server and find out - no I'm not advertising the mod - just trying to give you a sense of what the official patch will be like.

 

The only time backstab may one hit kill is when person has saber down.

 

As for blocking, servers just need to do this:

 

seta g_saberghoul2collision 0 - Minimal auto-saber blocking.

seta g_sabertracesaberfirst 0 - Minimal auto-saber blocking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

SWEEEEEEET!

 

No more excuses, play or play not, there is no whine!

 

Kaan

 

Hahaha.... *amused!

 

That was funny...

 

Haven't read further than to this post, so I'm sorry if what i ask/say already has been said.

 

Is there anything that can point to that there are any further changes done to the game?

 

Except for the ones in the pre-release statement...

 

Have they fixed these things:

 

-Saber blocking

-2 tap kick

-Freeze bug

-Drain/Heal/Grip ...etc

 

Or have they only done the changes that we have read about already?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree Nerf, kicks are NO problem to execute.

And the 2tap kicks allows you to air-kick people, something that is truly cool.

 

If air-lunge is removed, I guess some people will have to rethink their spammage.

 

The backstab change might spell the doom for assfighters and cheap shots, but I'll just have to wait and see like the rest. Gonna be exciting....

 

I have fixed feelings about the blocking though; in duels the high block rate is the best thing since toasted toast, but in FFA's and CTF's the block rate is a chore. I just wish that they could do the blockrate not unlike a golden middle between 1.02 and 1.03.

 

And then there's the force balance issues, but I rarely play FF so I'm not that qualified to speak about that...

 

I'm just hoping this patch doesn't equals maximum kicking spammage. I really hope it doesn't...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well as long as they keep fixing only one abused move per patch... that leaves kicking as the move to spam.

 

As far as the assfighting goes, most of the "elite" players rely heavily on their superfast spinning midair backstabs to kill people. Now they say that this is just the fastest way to do it, and that they dont need to use it to win, and that may be true, but of course they never DO seem to win without using it...

 

As long as there is something that kills faster than something else and is easy to use.. well, the spammers will always be there. Hopeful though it will not become what assfighting is now.

 

I remember DFAers being shunned by almost everyone in the servers when that was the abused attack. What is really disturbing is how now its the opposite, if you aren't whirling around with your ass in the air you're now the n00b. It really is disconcerting and says a lot about the 'community'.

 

Face it, most of the community is immature and young, with all the character flaws that that entails. I'm not making a blanket statement saying that all young people act immature, but the bulk of this community IS. it may not be entirely visible on these boards, and certaily the CORE of the JK fan populace is very straight forward and honorable, but unfortunatley... a ton of people that actually play are just real jerks, and of course the lack of accountability that hiding behind a computer provides is just a bad game waiting to happen.

 

Things to abuse are what really make these asses shine (pun intended), and as soon as these stupid one hit kill moves are dealt with, I think we'll all find the gameplay and community stabilizing into something a bit less... childish, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dude... i know why they did it....

 

But, you use kick more often then you have to jump over some stupid edge... why not do the opposite?.. 2 tap = normal jump (if near an object)?

 

Originally posted by NerfYoda

 

That was to fix it so you dint kick backward when you just wanted to jump over a ledge or something. I'm glad they did that in 1.03 & hope it won't ger nerfed in <=1.04.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could air kick in 1.02 too....

Do it all the time... just tap again when in mid air and close to your opponent...

 

 

 

Originally posted by cjais

I agree Nerf, kicks are NO problem to execute.

And the 2tap kicks allows you to air-kick people, something that is truly cool.

 

If air-lunge is removed, I guess some people will have to rethink their spammage.

 

The backstab change might spell the doom for assfighters and cheap shots, but I'll just have to wait and see like the rest. Gonna be exciting....

 

I have fixed feelings about the blocking though; in duels the high block rate is the best thing since toasted toast, but in FFA's and CTF's the block rate is a chore. I just wish that they could do the blockrate not unlike a golden middle between 1.02 and 1.03.

 

And then there's the force balance issues, but I rarely play FF so I'm not that qualified to speak about that...

 

I'm just hoping this patch doesn't equals maximum kicking spammage. I really hope it doesn't...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by V-tecc

You could air kick in 1.02 too....

Do it all the time... just tap again when in mid air and close to your opponent...

 

I stand corrected.

 

But I still can't see the problem in kicking people.... It's not that it's hard, so why the sad face?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...